On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Re: Halo (angel eye) headlight pics

Those look very nice!
Old 07-14-2003, 03:56 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 8 Likes on 2 Posts

But $182 is just the starting bid, how much does it actually end at? Matrix Racing is the only place that you can get them from? Another dumb question, but is the parking lights the low beam headlights or the turn signal lights that stay on all the time. (daytime running lamps) If they are on all the time as the lights below the headlights, I dont want them to be wired like that. I dont feel that there is a purpose for having those on in the day. Actually, I want to wire them up seperately, so at night whenever I want to play or whatever, I can turn them on and off. How would you wire them up seperately? Are they able to do it that way or is there a specific way to do it? Is it a hazard to do it seperately? Thanks
She wired hers to her daytime running lights. If you dont want them on all the time you could hook them up to your fog lights and then you have a switch to turn them on or off. I dont ever turn on my fog lights so if I get them I will just hook them up to my daytime running lights.
Old 07-14-2003, 04:17 PM
LS1Tech Co-Founder

Received 46 Likes on 19 Posts

Tiff, how would you compare the build quality of these lights to the stock ones? Besides that weather strip issue, is the plastic just as sturdy, well built, leak-proof, etc..? How well did they fit during installation?

I think the black ones would look good on my SS LE.

Tony
Old 07-14-2003, 04:40 PM
TECH Fanatic

Those look sweet! Can someone post some more pics of what the black ones look like compared to the chrome ones once they are installed?

Very nice.
Old 07-14-2003, 05:58 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Sweet CAR!!!(Your a girl!!!)
Old 07-14-2003, 06:00 PM
Fiery Features Director

Tiff, how would you compare the build quality of these lights to the stock ones? Besides that weather strip issue, is the plastic just as sturdy, well built, leak-proof, etc..? How well did they fit during installation?

I think the black ones would look good on my SS LE.

Tony
Tony,
The lense is OEM quality but the way the bulb mounts in was kinda loose. After they were put on and the car got washed, they did not leak so I don't think that should be a problem. They are the same size as the original lights so the fit is the same.

My Halo is wired up to the parking light (small 194 bulb). This allows for the lights to come on anytime the parking lights are active.

DanDan, last time I checked.. I was a girl
Old 07-15-2003, 07:07 AM
TECH Fanatic

I thought these were badass when I first saw them. Now, after seeing them installed and the quality, I'm not so sure.
Old 07-15-2003, 06:59 PM
Administrator

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

I like them, and I really like your car man!!
LOL! Never heard of a man named Tiffany :p
I have...in Key West.
Old 07-15-2003, 10:16 PM
10 Second Club

Nice car I like that mod... but I need more speed first
Old 07-15-2003, 11:56 PM
TECH Veteran

Hey Tiffany I never knew you were of the opposite sex either had me fooled too. Still love your paint job, what size bulbs do those headlights take? Im probably gonna buy them myself cause one of mine got busted by a stray truck tire on the highway.
Old 07-16-2003, 01:13 PM
Fiery Features Director

Hey Tiffany I never knew you were of the opposite sex either had me fooled too. Still love your paint job, what size bulbs do those headlights take? Im probably gonna buy them myself cause one of mine got busted by a stray truck tire on the highway.
I normally don't tell anyone that I am a female unless someone asks or one of my friends point it out. That is one of the main reasons I changed my name from Z28Angel to Zangel. Most people think of me as Zangel (one word) instead of Z Angel... which is cool with me. Z28Angel was just way too obvious and I only use that nickname because I was given the name angel a LONG time ago! I think the person that gave me that name was being a smarta$$ but the name just stuck. Anyways, you can just call me Tiff if you want...and you can still think of me as one of the guys!

Anyways, back to the topic... The headlights come with bulbs so you don't have to worry about buying any. The only thing you have to do is take the lights out of the box, unscrew the old headlights from the bracket, take the old headlight out and slide the new one in. Plug in the bulbs to the factory connectors and wire up the halo. Screw the bracket back on and adjust the lights and you are done! You might notice when adjusting the lights that the beam is a bit off. Come to find out the bulbs move around alot in there. Still trying to figure out a way to make the bulb a bit more stable. If anyone else figures it out, let me know!
Old 07-16-2003, 01:29 PM
TECH Fanatic

Mine do not wiggle or move at all.
-Steve

Quick Reply: Halo (angel eye) headlight pics