Appearance & Detailing Interior & Exterior Appearance Modifications

Can you attach exhaust tips to just the bumper?

Search this Thread

Old 02-23-2008, 08:54 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

lol hahahaha lmfao
Old 02-23-2008, 09:20 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by ghardester
My Gawd!!!!!

So, I'm thinking of using some tape to attach a picture of some nice tit's to my girl's chest. What do you think?
haha..thats funny...why dont you just buy her some real ones
Old 02-24-2008, 12:31 AM
TECH Fanatic

you didn't get any from your wife last night did you. you can keep your negative and non helpful thoughts to your self bam you just got told!!!!

hmmm...funny you should mention negative and non helpful thoughts, like the one you just posted??? Grow up.....but I'm glad you "served" me.
Old 02-24-2008, 07:03 AM
11 Second Club

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Man you guys are ********. Im started to be reminded of back when I had my mustang, on mustangforums. The guy just asked a simple question. If you could pull the look off I dont think it would be a bad idea. I love the look of some nice stainless or chrome 3" tips on a camaro, but at the same time, I have a open Y pipe, and dont want the extra weight and quietness of a catback. A Transam would be alot easier to hide because of the bumper, but a camaro, you can pretty much see everything thats going on under it, unless its really low.
Old 02-24-2008, 01:48 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Just bolt the stock muffler/tips back on the car, problem solved.

Ryan
Old 02-24-2008, 10:05 PM
TECH Fanatic

wow, i just asked a simple question. i didnt want to start a hate fest. obviously, most of u dont have dumped exhaust so u dont know how it really is. i love the sound of it, but man, when i look at the back of my car, i trully miss the tips. when i look at the back of my car, it reminds me of a v6 camaro. i dont think dummy tips are rice, that is just an ignorant comment by ignorant ppl. i do appreciate every one elses help tho. and like someone stated above, i dont want to add mufflers, i took them off for a reason. i like the sound of the dumped better. so i got my answer tho. im gonna buy tips, weld some pipes on to them, and then weld it to the chasis. hopefully i can pull it off. if not, i will just take them off and resale them. no big deal.
Old 02-24-2008, 10:58 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

If you Weld them on you need to make sure they are centered absolutely perfectly. When I build the brackets that hold my tips on I made sure there was plenty of room for adjustment.

Just go ahead and do it and don't tell anyone. I got all kinds of negative responses when I posted up pictures of my set up. Don't pay any attention to them. Just do it and then kick back and enjoy it.

Just don't attach it directly to the plastic, there's plenty of steel under there to attach it to.

Last edited by JasonWW; 02-24-2008 at 11:07 PM.
Old 02-24-2008, 11:28 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by JasonWW
If you Weld them on you need to make sure they are centered absolutely perfectly. When I build the brackets that hold my tips on I made sure there was plenty of room for adjustment.

Just go ahead and do it and don't tell anyone. I got all kinds of negative responses when I posted up pictures of my set up. Don't pay any attention to them. Just do it and then kick back and enjoy it.

Just don't attach it directly to the plastic, there's plenty of steel under there to attach it to.
thanks alot man. u have really been a big help. i trully do appreciate it.
Old 02-24-2008, 11:39 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I dug up my old thread.
https://ls1tech.com/forums/showthrea...614&highlight=

A couple of good things about doing this is your tips will stay clean and the cops are less likely to hassle you.
Old 02-25-2008, 07:19 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

You know what they say... Opinions are like...well you know.

I could probably stand not having tips on a 4th gen camaro...or any 3rd gen since there are no cut outs for the tips. But on a bird, Ide need to do it.

How about using a piece of exhaust pipe to connect the tips, and then use the rear hangers to hold it up. Might need to bolt or tack weld something to keep them stable, but that would not only help make the tips level, but you'd be able to remove it easily if you needed to. And from behind, the pipe connecting them would sort of hide the fact that there is no muffler.

Haha...then again Im all about going overboard on my projects. Keeping it simple just isnt in my nature.

J.

Quick Reply: Can you attach exhaust tips to just the bumper?