Appearance & Detailing Interior & Exterior Appearance Modifications

AIR TUBE and HOOD LATCH MOD QUESTION

Search this Thread

Old 03-16-2008, 08:29 PM
TECH Addict

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Default AIR TUBE and HOOD LATCH MOD QUESTION

I did the wire mod today and it turned out to look awsome...so now I plan to do the drivers side as well. The hood latch will be easy, but what have you guys done about your AIR tube? I dont want to get rid of the air system...just hide the tube. I am thinking I could get some hose that size and use it to reroute it simular to the wire mod...would there be a problem with that? I would like to hear from anybody that has done this...thanks!
Old 01-13-2013, 05:34 AM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Bump from 2008.. Looking for the same answer!
Old 01-13-2013, 12:35 PM
TECH Addict

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

delete the AIR system all together
Old 01-13-2013, 12:49 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 7 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by ls1owner4life
Bump from 2008.. Looking for the same answer!
you really don't need to add any extra tubing, at least I didnt. I cut the holes the same way for that side as the side with the wires and routed the hood latch cable and the air tube through there. It is a fairly tight fit since there isn't a lot of extra slack for the air hose, but it has been fine.

extra tubing wouldn't hurt though, just not 100% necessary
Old 01-13-2013, 06:22 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks for the replys. I can't remove the air pump due to emissions in CA. Since I removed my Emissions tag can I still pass a visual inspection in CA? I already failed once for a throttle body bypass since the "throttle body had been modified."

Here are some pictures for anyone who finds this thread in a search.
I purchased a 1-1/8 hole saw for metal, traced the bit on 3x5, found dead center, punched a small hole in the paper, held the paper template up agaisnt inner fender where I wanted it (put a drop of water on it so it sticks), put a dot(sharpie) in the center through the paper, drilled a pilot hole, and then the 1-1/8 hole. It went easy and broke through after a minute. Make sure you de-bur the hole with a half rounded file.

I ran the hood latch cable between the strut and the motor, around fuse box, and to latch. There is a perfect amount of cable to do this and you wont have to drill an additional hole. Make sure you test the latch/cable before you close the hood. To remove the latch rotate sideways so the flat part of shaft matches the hole in the bracket and then pry out.

Good luck and I hope this helps. I searched for hours and could not find any info since most people just remove their air hose.

Last edited by ls1owner4life; 01-14-2013 at 03:51 AM.
Old 01-14-2013, 09:53 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Perhaps running it up under the fuse block and mimic the path the main wire harness back to the firewall? Just another idea, doesn't seem like you would need any extra tube either.

Damn I forgot how crazy packed everything is on the engines stock.

Quick Reply: AIR TUBE and HOOD LATCH MOD QUESTION