Appearance & Detailing Interior & Exterior Appearance Modifications

attempted to do the whistler mod today..

Search this Thread

Old 03-19-2008, 04:16 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry attempted to do the whistler mod today..

didnt turn out so good..as i was trying to turn the spindel things that adjust the height and direction of the lights..one of them snapped off..so then i spent like 2 hours just fixing that since the screw was stripped also..so no whistler mod today for me..im probably going to buy some used headlights fix them up and do the mod on them..since i put my main headlights in jeopardy today
Old 03-19-2008, 05:13 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

Why were you fiddling with the adjustments may I ask?
Old 03-19-2008, 05:40 PM
TECH Veteran

that's what i hate about doin this mod...so much work and there's an 80% chance that youre gonna **** up and have to do it over again. Just dont get impatient at all and youll be able to do it correctly. Im gonna do it this summer for the tird time, hopefully i dont mess it up again
Old 03-19-2008, 06:58 PM
Teching In

i wasnt fiddling with teh adjustments i was trying to unscrew teh two bolts that hold the light to the bracket..so i could take the headlight apart..then one of them just snapped..luckily i could get it back on..and threaded without the top part there..im just going to have to wait to get a seperate set of headlights to do this..
Old 03-19-2008, 07:26 PM
TECH Fanatic

I had never done the mod before and mine went very smoothly and came out geat... If you take your time and dont rush, there is no reason it cant be done the right way.. The hardest part is prying the lesnes apart without cracking and that wasnt even difficult
Old 03-19-2008, 07:30 PM
11 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by AntiVen0m
i wasnt fiddling with teh adjustments i was trying to unscrew teh two bolts that hold the light to the bracket..so i could take the headlight apart..then one of them just snapped..luckily i could get it back on..and threaded without the top part there..im just going to have to wait to get a seperate set of headlights to do this..
You don't have to take off that bracket to do this mod....

Just unbolt the one 1/2" bolt...take the light out of the car.. put it in the oven... It's that simple...

Seriously, the hardest part about this mod is taping off the inside to paint...and that's only cause it takes awhile.
Old 03-19-2008, 09:20 PM
Teching In

yeah i was looking over the headlights..and for some reason..i thought you had to unscrew the threads that adjust the height and left to right of the light..now i see theres only taht 1/2" bolt and the 2 clips..should make my life easier..
Old 03-20-2008, 03:24 AM
TECH Veteran

Originally Posted by AntiVen0m
yeah i was looking over the headlights..and for some reason..i thought you had to unscrew the threads that adjust the height and left to right of the light..now i see theres only taht 1/2" bolt and the 2 clips..should make my life easier..
dude i did the exact same thing and broke it lol that's funny
Old 03-20-2008, 09:46 AM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by Cobra2WS6
I had never done the mod before and mine went very smoothly and came out geat... If you take your time and dont rush, there is no reason it cant be done the right way.. The hardest part is prying the lesnes apart without cracking and that wasnt even difficult
same here