Appearance & Detailing Interior & Exterior Appearance Modifications

After Market Hood Latch

Search this Thread

Old 03-31-2008, 08:45 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default After Market Hood Latch

I am not sure if this is the right place for this, but with aftermarket hoods and them getting painted i figured it is...

My question is where can i get 2 after market hood latches/struts?? I have an aftermarket WS6 hood and right now i am only using 1 stock latch/strut... if i used both of them and i go and pop the hood, i feel that it blast off to the moon.. So does anyone know where i can find some at?

Thanks
Old 03-31-2008, 08:49 PM
TECH Addict

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Wouldnt factory WS6 struts work fine? The steel hood weighs more so I figure the shocks for it have more lifting power than the ones for the WS6 hood have...so thats your problem. Just get a set for a SS or WS6 and you should be fine.
Old 03-31-2008, 09:06 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by 97ramsst
Wouldnt factory WS6 struts work fine? The steel hood weighs more so I figure the shocks for it have more lifting power than the ones for the WS6 hood have...so thats your problem. Just get a set for a SS or WS6 and you should be fine.

My aftermarket fiberglass WS6 hood weight like 15lbs... the factory hood struts are too much for it, i swear it will rip it right off
Old 03-31-2008, 09:19 PM
Launching!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I really dont see how.. I had the standard Firebird hood and had a aftermarket WS6 hood put on. It used the standard struts with no problem. Just dont let go of the hood when raising it maybe? The struts shouldnt come apart and should stop when they reach the end of the strut. They only go so far and stop anyways.