Appearance & Detailing Interior & Exterior Appearance Modifications
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

W00T for sound deadening....

Search this Thread

Old 04-06-2008, 02:31 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Not an Fbod, but i used to have two, and now i have an rx7 with an ls1, but a little peek at what i did.

http://s222.photobucket.com/albums/dd28/mykah89/

Used all secondskin products did every inch of the floor of the car including hatch and all the way up the sides of the car.. had the complete interior gutted.

Used a layer or so in the outer door skins then used another layer on the inner door skin, got my arms all sorts of cut up pushing the stuff down inside and into the corners, then used the sound proofing mat they offer (the black stuff) inside the door skin and then again on the inner door skin.

Then i used the black sound proofing mat on the entire floor, and then used their luxury liner which is a thick rubber matting with a lot of deadening on one side to cover the floor boards underneath the seats + the footwell. After that i went over the entire transmission tunnel with the heat protection matting which also sound deadens.

I havent had a chance to do test drives because im in the middle of my ls1 swap at the momnent but im hoping for significant improvement. When i shut the doors i can already tell that they shut with more of a thud and feel very solid. I actually have a video on my photobucket which shows me tapping on the doors showing how it eliminated the vibration/ping from the outer skin.

http://s222.photobucket.com/albums/d...Picture010.flv
Old 04-07-2008, 11:41 PM
TECH Addict

Received 111 Likes on 87 Posts

eDead v1 series is great for low frequencies. Or the v1 SE super thick stuff. Add the v4/teklite ON TOP and it blocks out higher frequencies too (wind noise, exhaust rasp, etc). Only noise now is from window trim/seals...

Makes it as quiet as an average car.

Lots of time and some weight but if you DD the car, it makes it much more enjoyable. Just add some bolt ons to offset.

Quick Reply: W00T for sound deadening....