Appearance & Detailing Interior & Exterior Appearance Modifications
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

Just got my new PC from tropicare!

Search this Thread

Old 04-09-2008, 08:26 AM
TECH Resident

Received 54 Likes on 46 Posts

Talking Just got my new PC from tropicare!

cant wait to break it out im gonna practice on the the dd 2008 subaru legacy and the gf's dd. any tips or advice for a firsttime user, yes i know there is the hread stickied up top but any updated experience or advice for a total newby? thanx oh and by the way the TA is black so double the fun
Old 04-09-2008, 08:45 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The thread pretty much sums it all up. My only additional advice would be to tape up the window molding and the windshield cowl that way you don't burn marks in them
Old 04-09-2008, 09:46 AM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Be sure to check out our PC tips and guidelines which you can print off the site for future reference.

I suggest to start with the least aggressive method of correction and only increase until you achieve the desired results. To get familiar with the capabilities of the machine, a blue or black pad and non-abrasive sealant or wax at speed 3-4 is a very safe way to learn.

For removing very fine swirls or holograms, a lightly moistened white or orange pad is very effective when using the Swirl Cutter. Work in an area of 2' x 2' and move across the surface about 1"/second with the speed dial set to 4.5-5.5. Keep a spray bottle of water to handy to light mist the area to prevent product dusting and dry buffing. Allow the micro-abrasive to break down until a very fine haze remains and inspect the surface.

Feel free to contact us with any questions.