Appearance & Detailing Interior & Exterior Appearance Modifications

No Front Plate States?

Search this Thread

Old 05-20-2008, 07:03 PM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by 01ssreda4
Yep... that's the one I was talking about... apparently it's up in the air until January 2009. That's only a proposed bill... not law yet.
Old 05-21-2008, 12:26 AM
11 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by StuntmanMike

If I ever get stopped, I'll just whip out a Phillips and pull of the filler plate. "Sorry officer, I was recently at a car show and must have forgotten to take it off after the show".
That's a good idea. I gotta remember that when I pick up my T/A. Although I plan on getting custom plates so idk if I'd wanna show them off or not. Whatever!

Ahhhh the laws and insurance companies will all drive us to insanity!
LS1-TECH MEMBERS UNITE
Old 05-21-2008, 07:08 AM
TECH Enthusiast

FYI: Front license plates are required in the state of New Mexico. Might wanna take it off your list.

O and f*ck cops. All of them. There's no such thing as a cop that's not crooked.
Old 05-21-2008, 08:30 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Illinois requires a front plate... I have had my Trans Am since July/2005 and have only gotten pulled over for it once. Cops don;t care unless your being a dick to them
Old 05-21-2008, 12:31 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by Datzneat
FYI: Front license plates are required in the state of New Mexico. Might wanna take it off your list.

O and f*ck cops. All of them. There's no such thing as a cop that's not crooked.

no they're not required

<---------
Old 05-21-2008, 03:02 PM
TECH Fanatic

I've been driving around for three days and passed at least 10 cops, and 2 state troopers today, and haven't gotten pulled over.
Old 05-21-2008, 04:42 PM
Teching In

You know that's weird...I went 11 years without a front license plate on my older camaro '96...living in Houston I drove all through 59 north and south, 610, I-10...all the busy places and to Beaumont...until about 4 months ago I was pulled over driving through one of those small towns between Killeen and Houston. My car NEVER had a license plate on it, and the officer thought I was joking that I didn't know the license plate was required...I gladly told him I have driven my car without one for 11 years, WHY NOW? Why wasn't I stopped earlier? He said the law wasn't in effect as far back as 11 years so when I first got my car I easily got by without one...also he said some police officers are different...He said basically they pull ppl over at their own discretion....Which told me he was one of the many @$$holes that CHOOSES to pull someone over for stupid $h!+.

I drove those next few months without one still, refusing to obide....still nothing, but since December my transmission went out on the 96 so I bought a newer one that already has a license plate on it...when I get a different grill to go on my new car I'm not putting my license plate back on.
Old 05-26-2008, 10:31 AM
TECH Enthusiast

ok, so i have one reason to be glad i live in louisiana
Old 05-26-2008, 01:45 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by Camaro Ryder KV
harassed?!?! are u serious, u broke the law doing 40 in a 35, u broke the law doing 60 in a 55, u broke the law doing 41 in a 35, u broke the law with no front plate............sounds to me like they are doing their job. why do u think they watch you, its called driving like a moron. as to the rear light, follow him back to the station and show the top dog there that u went straight from getting pulled over to the station and then he'll be anwswering to his boss if ur light still works. other than that, dont bitch about cops doin their jobs.
That's why when I break the law, I try to get the most out of it. 135 in a 55, 125 in a 50.. at least make it worthwhile. Good lawyers will help you keep your car
Old 05-26-2008, 01:53 PM
Staging Lane

urgghhhh damn the IL front plate law!!!!!!!

Originally Posted by tspence45
Actually, I've found that it is illegal to put your front plate in the windshield. And, in some cases, it's illegal to move it to a different spot on the front of the car. This is all IL law, though. But, the bottom of the plate must be atleast 5 inches off the ground. I had my plate bolted to the black plastic piece under the front of the car. But, moved it back yesterday when I found out about the 5 inch law. http://blogs.suburbanchicagonews.com..._mounting.html
Old 05-26-2008, 02:02 PM
TECH Apprentice

Moved to Ohio for work but, it requires front plates along with the e-check. Screw it! I still have my house in Tennessee. Looks like I'll be rockin' redneck plates for the next three years.
Old 05-26-2008, 02:23 PM
11 Second Club

Location: Your girl's back door giving her the long stroke while you're at work
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by bob320fa
Moved to Ohio for work but, it requires front plates along with the e-check. Screw it! I still have my house in Tennessee. Looks like I'll be rockin' redneck plates for the next three years.
you must have moved to one of these counties: Cuyahoga, Geauga, Lake, Lorain, Medina, Portage, or Summit

If not then you don't have to do the E-Check, but yeah the front plate law is bullshit. I have to put it on my cars when I go back to OH on leave
Old 05-26-2008, 11:26 PM
TECH Resident

Cops usually dont bother me about no front plate here in Tomball, TX but if its a night where they are lookin for trouble (say first night of spring break, first night of summer, or any friday pretty much) then they will pull me over for no front plate and ask to search my car. I have longtubes, offroad Y-pipe and a cutout and the cops here love me. I have been written three citations for no front plate but neither of them made it to court. The only thing about no front plate here is that it is a reason to get pulled over.
Old 05-26-2008, 11:51 PM
On The Tree

knock on wood but i live in va and had my camaro ss over a year with the slp grill and no tickets or anything. even though i did have a dick old man deputy come into my work and bitch at me for it. i played very dumb and was like i dont know if the camaro even has a licence plate space and he was like well check and called me in on a warning. haha that was a long while ago
Old 05-27-2008, 04:52 PM
TECH Apprentice

I just had a bit of a revelation here. If you can find a state that you can register your car in that isn't your own, it won't matter if that state requires a front plate of not (as long as you never go in that state) because the cops in your state won't know if that other state requires a front plate or not.
Old 05-27-2008, 05:02 PM
TECH Fanatic

I'm lost, I didnt feel like reading every single post, but how can you live in NJ and have a car registered in Pennsylvania? That is the type of thing were talking about here right? Seems a little odd.
Old 05-27-2008, 05:23 PM
TECH Fanatic

i dont have a front plate but i have a friend who registers all his cars in florida.
Old 05-27-2008, 05:24 PM
TECH Fanatic

oh and do you need a front plate for new hampshire? and can u register there with out living there? they have the toughest plate.
Old 05-27-2008, 09:54 PM
TECH Fanatic

New York requires front plates. I hate it. My old 94 V6 Camaro was originally from florida, and it didnt have front plates on it till I got it. I didnt want to get pulled over everyother day, so I put some frame on the front of it that held the license plate. It sucked drilling into the front bumper.
Old 05-27-2008, 10:07 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by bob320fa
Plates, yes, though I know someone who hasn't ever had a plate on the front of the family minivan and never had any issues. Though I suppose a minivan they don't really care, but they'd probably give us trouble about it.

E-check, depends on where you live. At home there is no echeck in Richland county. I'm currently at an internship in Akron, not sure if they have echeck here, but since I'm a richland county guy I don't have to mess with it (it would probably pass anyway, all the emissions stuff is there).

Quick Reply: No Front Plate States?