Appearance & Detailing Interior & Exterior Appearance Modifications

Wide body Kit

Search this Thread

Old 06-01-2008, 08:02 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by will01
I believe they stated the final product would be fiberglass - earlier in the thread someone stated w2w could build sheetmetal but the price would be around 8K.
Ah, must have missed that....thanks man

Man would carbon fiber be nice though to get rid of some of that weight
Old 06-01-2008, 09:50 PM
TECH Addict

I believe they stated the final product would be fiberglass - earlier in the thread someone stated w2w could build sheetmetal but the price would be around 8K.

I emailed W2W after I saw their thread with the '93 Camaro they were building about a year ago.
I recieved an email that I felt they were putting me down saying this isn't a bolt on kit (I never mentioned I thought it was) and that I would have to spend thousands to have them make it. Basicly they made it very clear they didn't want my business and so be it, I'll never let them touch any cars of mine.
Old 06-01-2008, 10:04 PM
TECH Addict

the w2w sheet metal quarters are actually over 8000 when you count the gask tank filler neck hole being cut it and all that. this is a direct quote from one of their fabricators. also he stated it takes about 100 hours to complete. i think thres a white camaro on the board with them done to other then the 93 but i dont remember.
Old 06-02-2008, 06:25 AM
TECH Apprentice

Thanks for the info, would be great to see the finished pics, i know the price is high but from what i have seen they do great work.
Old 06-02-2008, 11:00 PM
Staging Lane

why would anyone do this? It sounds like the worst idea ever. Is this for real?
Old 06-03-2008, 09:18 AM
On The Tree

For one its a much better alternative to fender well extensions or overlays, it will widen the stance of the car giving a meaner look (much like the C6 Z06 has wider wells for wider tires compared to the stock C6 and it looks far more sinister that way ), and it will allow for much larger tires which will not stick out of the well like now and kick rocks all over the paint. Plus being done with fiberglass it will lighten the rear end of the car up a lot which less weight is almost always better. Another benefit of the fiberglass is it will not dimple so freaking easily like the stock sheet metal does
Old 06-03-2008, 09:50 AM
11 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

dammit!!! I'm switching to a T/A and you'll are coming up with stuff for the Camaro ... grrr ... start on the T/A stuff pls.!!!
Old 06-04-2008, 04:32 AM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by 99_orange_SS
Another benefit of the fiberglass is it will not dimple so freaking easily like the stock sheet metal does
Those steel quarters ding way too easily.
Old 06-04-2008, 07:40 PM
TECH Apprentice

For one its a much better alternative to fender well extensions or overlays, it will widen the stance of the car giving a meaner look (much like the C6 Z06 has wider wells for wider tires compared to the stock C6 and it looks far more sinister that way ), and it will allow for much larger tires which will not stick out of the well like now and kick rocks all over the paint. Plus being done with fiberglass it will lighten the rear end of the car up a lot which less weight is almost always better. Another benefit of the fiberglass is it will not dimple so freaking easily like the stock sheet metal does
Well said! My car is in pretty cherry shape and I have these damn rear qtr creases despite being extra careful! Looking to widen the stance, lighten the load and get the car road race ready.

Not sure if the previous poster who thought this was a bad idea was going this way, but I can see how some would think it is a dumb idea when you could spend the same money on mods that add hp or make the car stop on a dime.

Every one has a different idea of "what needs to be done" to their car - for some who have mods to the engine and other areas, this could be seen as the next logical step. For some, this is a stupid step.

For me, I think it is a great next step and I will follow this thread closley.
Old 06-04-2008, 10:53 PM
On The Tree

Every one has a different idea of "what needs to be done" to their car - for some who have mods to the engine and other areas, this could be seen as the next logical step. For some, this is a stupid step.

For me, I think it is a great next step and I will follow this thread closley.
I couldn't agree more, the preference of which mod is next all lies in the eye of the beholder....to each his own

I was actually about to start doing this myself on my HOSS camaro until I saw this thread, now I think I will just wait and make it a little easier on myself I can't wait to see some pics of the final/developing product!
Old 06-05-2008, 12:31 AM
TECH Addict

the thing with the wider quarters is to prevent tubbing the car and having to shorten the axle to get a fat *** tire in there aswell. im going for the tubbing and shorter rear due to my car being a drag car but i plan on getting another lt1 for a street car and this looks like its gunna do the charm.
Old 06-05-2008, 09:34 AM
On The Tree

Yeah, it is going to help for the wider tires for drag and road race applications and just to give a meaner look. I don't know why this wasn't done sooner, honestly it isn't that difficult for someone that knows what they are doing and its not like the original sheet metal provides any structural support to the unibody.
Old 06-05-2008, 12:46 PM
TECH Apprentice

Yeah, it is going to help for the wider tires for drag and road race applications and just to give a meaner look. I don't know why this wasn't done sooner, honestly it isn't that difficult for someone that knows what they are doing and its not like the original sheet metal provides any structural support to the unibody.
Yep... strange it took all these years before someone produces a wide body kit for our cars.

I wonder how wide it's gonna be (not too wide I guess, since they're not changing the front and rear bumpers), and how well the lines will flow. Can't wait for the pics.
Old 06-05-2008, 08:53 PM
TECH Apprentice

Here is a link to the project W2W is building with the wide rear panels

https://ls1tech.com/forums/sponsor-vehicle-projects-shop-tours/616447-w2w-1993-camaro-build-updated-4-25-08-a.html
Old 06-05-2008, 11:21 PM
On The Tree

Not bad looking for a drag look...does the quarter panel look like it sits a little lower than the stock location or is it just me? I'd probably keep the height of the wheel well the same to maintain a somewhat factory look, just extra wide
Old 06-06-2008, 01:42 AM
TECH Fanatic

As long as they turn out to be something simular to this

then i will be very VERY happy
Old 06-06-2008, 12:17 PM
On The Tree

I hope this finally becomes a reality.... I saw that site a few years ago as well. I'm glad someone from the company actually chimed in to this thread.
Old 06-06-2008, 12:19 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

wow id jump all over this, i love widebody look
Old 06-06-2008, 08:23 PM
Staging Lane

Seems like a lot of talk but no delivery; I bet wheel 2 wheel could pull this off.
word from the grapvine is w2w is liquidating assets.....
Old 06-06-2008, 08:50 PM
TECH Addict

^^^^ heard that too. like i said for them to do quarters its 8000 installed but without the gas door kut or anything.

Quick Reply: Wide body Kit