Appearance & Detailing Interior & Exterior Appearance Modifications

It seems like Armor All Tire Foam doesn't work as well as Black Magic Wet Tire Foam.

Search this Thread

Old 06-08-2008, 04:24 PM
TECH Addict

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

I also use Armor all because it leaves a deep dark and natural appearace to tires...... the very shiny and glossy looks does not look natural to me...
Old 06-08-2008, 09:17 PM
Restricted User

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by bballr4567
If the gel is flinging all over your car you are putting too much on or not letting it "dry" enough. It usually took about a dime size dot on a foam pad to apply them to my old tires. Mine were shiny for about 2-3 weeks depending on how much I drove it.

If I wanted it to be extra shiny I went over them with a second coat. I had a white car and never had problems with the fling.
I put enough on to make the tires shiny. Basically I put enough of the gel on to match the shine I got from the foam spray. I never put tire shine on unless the car can sit overnight. So there has always been at least 8 hours (almost always more like 12 because i'm not much of a morning person) between application and spinning of tire. I never need two coats of spray to get a nice shine, and i've never ever had any spray fling at all.
Old 06-08-2008, 09:29 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i use this i think it has the darkest shine but i never have used the Mcguire's
http://www.autobarn.net/armorall-extreme-tire-gel.html
Old 06-09-2008, 03:40 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 844 Likes on 646 Posts

Originally Posted by Shackleford
So, you're saying use the gel not that foam spray.
Best bet is to read the label. Clear gels are solvent based. I'd recommend Mothers FX as an OTC tire dressing . It doesn't sling either.

Quick Reply: It seems like Armor All Tire Foam doesn't work as well as Black Magic Wet Tire Foam.