Appearance & Detailing Interior & Exterior Appearance Modifications
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

Macewen Gauge Overlays and Trans Am Bezel

Search this Thread

Old 07-14-2008, 05:03 PM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

^^You could always just stick with your stock gauges, add a Yellow Phoenix (bird) Vinyl decal to it, and change your stock lighting behind the gauges to LED's!

Just a suggestion

-Justin
Old 07-15-2008, 12:58 AM

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

If you get 98's I'd be interested too.
Old 07-15-2008, 10:29 AM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by mtedenajimenez
i'll save you the trouble of trying to get ahold of that guy, there are two different versions of macewen overlays. the older version of his overlays have tabs on the side that are used to stick the overlays on. those type of overlays are known for the exact problem that has occured to you, they eventually shift (hence why there's a new kind). the newer style uses strips of adhesive (like double-stick tape) on the back of each overlay to stick them on. he told me that with this adhesive (not only does it stick better), but you can readjust the overlays as many times as you want. when i installed them i was able to do just that, to get them perfect. so if you have the newer style overlays then you should be able to take them off and stick them back on. although you need to be careful and do it very slowly or you might crease the overlays. with the older style, i'd just clean up the tabs, and put some double-stick molding tape on them and slap them back in.
Thanks man. i have the new style that had all the strips on it. i will try to reset it when i change the trim around the cluster.

By the way, im glad you guys picked up on selling these. as far as i can tell they are the best looking out there. i also got the HVAC and headlamp switch overlays in silver for the Z. Looks killer.
Old 07-15-2008, 08:35 PM
Launching!

Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by 99_Z_155
i also got the HVAC and headlamp switch overlays in silver for the Z. Looks killer.
Will you be selling these overlays at some point or will we need to deal direct? Specifically looking for the TA overlays.
Old 07-15-2008, 09:55 PM
FormerVendor

Originally Posted by OhTwo
Will you be selling these overlays at some point or will we need to deal direct? Specifically looking for the TA overlays.
We do not carry the AC, Shifter, etc. overlays. Only the gauges. Sent PM
Old 07-15-2008, 10:25 PM

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

Please post up when the 93-97 V8 Firebird units come in stock, I modified a 97+ lens cluster bezel to work in my 93, doesnt take much just some simple mods with a dremel.
Old 07-18-2008, 12:49 PM
FormerVendor

Originally Posted by BizZzatch350
Please post up when the 93-97 V8 Firebird units come in stock, I modified a 97+ lens cluster bezel to work in my 93, doesnt take much just some simple mods with a dremel.
I will but it won't be for another 2 months for the LT1 guys unfortunately...

Thank you
Old 12-27-2008, 08:17 PM
Teching In

hey where did you find the indigo instrument lights please let me know a.s.a.p. thanks!!
Old 12-28-2008, 04:41 AM
TECH Addict

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by mtedenajimenez
i'll save you the trouble of trying to get ahold of that guy, there are two different versions of macewen overlays. the older version of his overlays have tabs on the side that are used to stick the overlays on. those type of overlays are known for the exact problem that has occured to you, they eventually shift (hence why there's a new kind). the newer style uses strips of adhesive (like double-stick tape) on the back of each overlay to stick them on. he told me that with this adhesive (not only does it stick better), but you can readjust the overlays as many times as you want. when i installed them i was able to do just that, to get them perfect. so if you have the newer style overlays then you should be able to take them off and stick them back on. although you need to be careful and do it very slowly or you might crease the overlays. with the older style, i'd just clean up the tabs, and put some double-stick molding tape on them and slap them back in.

since this thread was bumped.............

i adjusted mine, they had drooped ALOT. took me about ten minutes to re adjust all of them. the double sided adhesive left alot of residue underneath so all i needed to do was peel them up a little bit and reposition them so that i could see the white stock speed and rpm bars through the clear macewen gauges. pretty sure 97-02 all had the same gauges, atleast my early 98 did

Quick Reply: Macewen Gauge Overlays and Trans Am Bezel