Appearance & Detailing Interior & Exterior Appearance Modifications

I am F' ING PISSED at 6litereater....

Search this Thread

Old 08-19-2008, 05:07 PM
TECH Resident

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

hey that's pretty wild!!!

Hey YOU got pics of it, right???

I didn't bring a camera, I forgot DANGIT!!!
Old 08-19-2008, 05:20 PM
TECH Resident

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Me and my CCCP t-shirt!
Old 08-19-2008, 05:29 PM
TECH Addict

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Can we buy these yet!? Ive been so busy I havent gotten on tech in a month, I feel so out of the loop!
Old 08-19-2008, 06:45 PM
Banned

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I just posted more pics from this weekend here:

https://ls1tech.com/forums/appearance-detailing/973012-pictures-weekend-appearance-finished.html
Old 09-15-2008, 12:48 AM
Banned

For those still interested I am now a sponsor and they are now for sale

www.6LITEREATERDESIGNS.com

Get in on the group purchase in my sig if you want one now and want to save money
Old 09-15-2008, 10:58 PM
11 Second Club

Eh it looks alright to break up the front of the car, but I think something similar could be done with a grille.

Not a big fan of the splitter idea to be honest. It may look good if the car sat 2" off of the ground, but not stock height. And being able to see the shiny bolts is kind of cheesy.
Old 09-15-2008, 11:04 PM
On The Tree

DAMN thats f**kin' awesome looking!!!!
Old 09-15-2008, 11:11 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by FlashLCD33
Eh it looks alright to break up the front of the car, but I think something similar could be done with a grille.

Not a big fan of the splitter idea to be honest. It may look good if the car sat 2" off of the ground, but not stock height. And being able to see the shiny bolts is kind of cheesy.
You can see the shiny bolts because the car was up hill and I was laying on the ground TO SHOW you the shiny bolts so you know how it mounted
Old 09-16-2008, 02:37 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

You could always paint the bolts!!!!!!!!!
Old 09-16-2008, 12:08 PM
11 Second Club

Just saying they are cheesy looking no matter what the excuse is, and I don't like the idea of the splitter on a stock height. Just looks out of place IMO.

No reason for a **** slinging contest, that's just my opinion and that's what this thread is for. Opinions. It's a love it or hate it situation.
Old 09-16-2008, 03:00 PM
Banned

Just saying they are cheesy looking no matter what the excuse is, and I don't like the idea of the splitter on a stock height. Just looks out of place IMO.

No reason for a **** slinging contest, that's just my opinion and that's what this thread is for. Opinions. It's a love it or hate it situation.
Haven't seen it yet on a stock height car myself to make that call... Unless you're still talking about the bolts you have to crawl under the car to see...
Old 09-16-2008, 03:16 PM
11 Second Club

I was saying the bolts are cheesy looking since they are chrome/polished on a black splitter. If the car was lowered and there was no chance of seeing them, then that would be fine. So IMO to make them look right, they need painted black. Nothing hard about that, and a customer can do it if they'd like. Just saying that this is my opinion.

And I'm saying the splitter itself doesn't look right to me on a car that sits that high. They only look decent if the car is barely off of the ground. Once again, my opinion. If the buyers like them, then good.. they are modding their own cars, not mine.
Old 09-16-2008, 03:21 PM
TECH Fanatic

I was saying the bolts are cheesy looking since they are chrome/polished on a black splitter. If the car was lowered and there was no chance of seeing them, then that would be fine. So IMO to make them look right, they need painted black. Nothing hard about that, and a customer can do it if they'd like. Just saying that this is my opinion.

And I'm saying the splitter itself doesn't look right to me on a car that sits that high. They only look decent if the car is barely off of the ground. Once again, my opinion. If the buyers like them, then good.. they are modding their own cars, not mine.
You... really cannot see them dude. You have to lay on the ground to see them, even at stock height.
Old 09-16-2008, 03:22 PM
Banned

Whoa, wasn't trying to rile you up, just wondering what you meant...

Yeah, bolts could easily be swapped out. I went shiny because most people do this as an appearance mod and recently car show guys/judges go ape ***** over shiny bolts everywhere...

One of my customers went a step further and got button head stainless bolts to replace them.

None of our cars are stock height but none are barely off the ground so I see now that is what you meant.

All of us are low enough that we scrape from time to time though and have each resprayed our bumpers at least once only to scrape again. Now though if we scrape is doesn't mess up the bumper just puts unnoticeable marks in the plastic splitter.
Old 09-16-2008, 03:26 PM
11 Second Club

It's cool man, I'm definitely not upset or worked up at all over this stuff. I know what you mean about scraping bumpers... been there, done that. Just trying to clarify what I meant, because I was in a hurry and posted that up quickly.

It's a cool product and I think it's great that people are still working on ways to improve these cars. No hard feelings at all.

I'm considering going CME and just saw your other thread, definitely going to consider that. Waiting to sell some of my other vehicles so I can waste money on mods for this
Old 09-16-2008, 03:29 PM
12 Second Club

Received 14 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by 6LITEREATER
Haven't seen it yet on a stock height car myself to make that call...
You will if one gets slapped on my car...

Scraping less would be nice.. haha.
Old 09-16-2008, 03:43 PM
Banned

It's cool man, I'm definitely not upset or worked up at all over this stuff. I know what you mean about scraping bumpers... been there, done that. Just trying to clarify what I meant, because I was in a hurry and posted that up quickly.

It's a cool product and I think it's great that people are still working on ways to improve these cars. No hard feelings at all.

I'm considering going CME and just saw your other thread, definitely going to consider that. Waiting to sell some of my other vehicles so I can waste money on mods for this
Wait until you see the Targa Roof that we're making that should be done this weekend
Old 09-16-2008, 09:59 PM
On The Tree

hell yeah a targa roof would be so awesome!!!!!!!!!!
Old 09-16-2008, 11:11 PM
Launching!

I guess Im confused, what is the purpose of the splitter? Im not knocking it, just curious..
Old 09-16-2008, 11:59 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by wzup1000
I guess Im confused, what is the purpose of the splitter? Im not knocking it, just curious..
It's pretty much an appearance mod, but it's sort of functional. It can be made to be fully functional if you want, but it'd require some work. A splitter simiply defuses air, it can be seen on many race cars. This one has been tested well in the 1xx MPH range, 110 MPH by myself, infact, only slowed down because I have no reason to go any faster, lol.

It also protects the nose of your car from scraping. Protection FTMFW.

Quick Reply: I am F' ING PISSED at 6litereater....