i love the hugger orange color cant wait to see my brothers 02 ss get painted
Old 06-10-2009, 12:50 AM
10 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

my car too...
Old 06-10-2009, 10:26 AM
12 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Even though I'm a bird owner I still love Camaros. On this particular topic I'd have to say there would be a few guideline I myself would adhere to if I owned a Camaro & wanted to put the Yenko stuff on it.

1. Must have a 427 engine swapped in to even think about it. Just to keep it true to the original reason a car even recieved the Yenko decals to being with. anything less I'd consider poser.

2. Must use the complete decal kit, not just partial. If your gonna do it do it right or it'll look like ***.

3. Have the headrest also done to complete the entire Yenko theme. Again, otherwise it'll look incomplete to anyone who knows anything about the Yenko name & what it means.

The only thing about all these clone cars & what not thats not appealing to me is the fact very few people do it properly or in a complete conversion. They half *** it or just never finish it. Then sometimes try to sell them badged as a car they are not.

These cars are starting to really get into the price range of the younger crowd now. And sadly alot of them carry over the rice mentality as far as exterior/interior mods. Now I'm not knocking custom interior/exterior cause I myself have alot of custom stuff done. But I did it right & not half assed. Thats where you either make or break you end result. If you go into it with a full fledged plan properly thought out & complete the conversion properly then sport your badges with pride & when asked about the car just be 100% honest about what it started as & what you converted it to.

Too many people try to do conversions & then outright lie about what the car is just b/c it's a little different from others. I think thats why alot of die hard American Muscle guys hate most conversion & rebadged cars. But this is just my opinion.
Old 06-10-2009, 11:47 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i don't know if it has to have a 427 but definitely has to have some get up and go. the new HPE550 looks like a Yenko tribute actually....

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_fBtn4d6lUK...550+Camaro.jpg
Old 06-10-2009, 11:51 AM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by VF1Skullangel
As much as I want a Yenko I wouldn't put those graphics on my car. I've even gone as far as to thinking about doing my car like the Guildstrand Corvette in everything. I've also thought about doing a ZL1 replica(4th gen of course) on my V6 but instead of calling it a ZL1 I came up with my own design. Why put someone elses name on your car when you can put your own?.
because you get way more conversation.

people that make up their own stuff usually look dumb

headrests...

the door panels are done with yenko and a stripe too.

Old 06-10-2009, 12:52 PM
10 Second Club

Personally I think tribute cars are cool if done well but I agree that alot of them are not being done well.

You guys have brought up a topic that I've fought with for sometime. I'm from Chicago and even though Yenko is the recognizable name in Camaro history, up here its about Nickey. I've seen a few Nickey badges on cars and always wanted to do a Nickey tribute car but felt that it was wrong. I understood the homage to the history but it still was lacking something to me.

So, I decided to go a different route when I pulled my Camaro apart. I decided to contact the folks at Nickey/Chicago and ask for permission/input to do a tribute car. After a few emails and phone calls and some really positive favorable response,I recieved a blessing from the owner and decided that I would move forward with my idea.

Figured I'd add my own little story there. Hope to have it on the road sometime this year or at the latest early next race season.

~Jim~
Old 06-10-2009, 02:39 PM
TECH Addict

i think tribute cars are cool if done right, looks like this one was.

why pay someone a ton of money to make a tribute car when you can do it yourself? it's the same thing in the end.
Old 06-10-2009, 05:48 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Hmm...

I think I'm gonna find some Cobra Badges and put them on my car.

I mean thats cool huh?

Posers.

IMO Less is more
Old 06-10-2009, 07:12 PM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by hlaalu
i think tribute cars are cool if done right, looks like this one was.

why pay someone a ton of money to make a tribute car when you can do it yourself? it's the same thing in the end.
Not sure if that last part was directed at me but I am building it myself and the ton of money thing still holds true. I'd probably have to sell my body to science if I had to pay for someone else was to build it.

~Jim~
Old 06-10-2009, 07:24 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by BassProCamaro97
Not sure if that last part was directed at me but I am building it myself and the ton of money thing still holds true. I'd probably have to sell my body to science if I had to pay for someone else was to build it.

~Jim~
Old 06-10-2009, 09:01 PM
10 Second Club

Nevermind. I miss understood your post.

~Jim~
Old 06-10-2009, 09:27 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by Pro52R
Hmm...

I think I'm gonna find some Cobra Badges and put them on my car.

I mean thats cool huh?

Posers.

IMO Less is more

yep..you are cool

talk **** when you're actually quick

kthxbye
Old 06-11-2009, 05:02 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

i just got some nice stripes on my car like the yenkos, ill post up tomorrow when im more awake/.....
Old 06-11-2009, 11:28 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Fury_786
yep..you are cool

talk **** when you're actually quick

kthxbye
LMAO....

Are you serious bro?

Ok...here we go lets start bench racing
Old 06-11-2009, 01:37 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by Pro52R
LMAO....

Are you serious bro?

Ok...here we go lets start bench racing

no need to bench race, just keep your mouth shut breh.
Old 06-11-2009, 08:28 PM
TECH Apprentice

I've tossed around the idea of the Yenko stripes since I haven't seen one done the way I would do it. The stripes need to be exact replicas in order for it to look right... sides, hood, headrests, etc.

Who cares if the engine is a 427 or not? And as far as being a poser or ricey... this train of thought would mean all the guys with '69 Z28 badges are posers because they're using a vintage design. Or all the guys running Z06 or other Vette-only wheels are driving wannabe Vettes just because that design only came on the Vette. Or the guys with the Firebird on the hood are posers because it was on the '70's cars. Its all about good styling and personal taste. The fact that its an old school twist on a modern car makes it that much cooler.

And I never remember seeing where Yenko had a trademark on that stripe design. A lot of guys have the hockey stick stripes and they can look great if done right. It's a cosmetic throw-back to some badass cars from the real muscle car days.

Ok, carry on
Old 06-11-2009, 08:46 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

here are my side yenko/harrell ish stripes, i just put it in a new thread.....

https://ls1tech.com/forums/appearanc...l-stripes.html
Old 07-27-2009, 06:48 PM
TECH Regular

Heres mine. Planning on painting the SS hood to white to match the car and put a manta stripe on it.

Old 08-08-2009, 03:59 PM
Teching In

Where did you get the yenko stripes? Im been trying to look for them everywhere but can't seem to find them..id appreciate it if you let me know thanks
Old 08-08-2009, 08:55 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by 808z28camaro
Heres mine. Planning on painting the SS hood to white to match the car and put a manta stripe on it.

Nicely put together.

I hate to be that guy that throws that raises the Rice flag, but those wheels look too importish or maybe its just the angle of picture.

Quick Reply: LS1 4th gen camaro YENKO?