Appearance & Detailing Interior & Exterior Appearance Modifications

Zaino Review

Search this Thread

Old 10-09-2008, 01:11 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Zaino Review

Hey guys, thought I'd throw up my experience with Zainos polishing products in case anyone was curious about whether or not to get it. I didn't want to get it at first because it was so expensive but now that I'm out of school I can afford it. I bought the Z2(show polish), Z5(swirl remover), and Z6(detailing spray). I washed my car with their perferred soap and always wiped in the direction they told me to...ect.. This little kit also came with a zainos applicator pad. I followed the instructions word for word with the Z5(swirl remover). It says in some cases it will remove swirls with the first coat. I put on three coats with Z6 in between every coat like recommended, and waited the appropriate time and never really saw a difference. I've bought scratch and swirl removal stuff like this before and it never worked, and it didn't work with the zainos either. All it really did is make my car more shiney. My car had a little bit of swirling and some very light scratches, but mostly was in good shape, its the same now, all the same light swirls and scratches are still there. After more than 3 days to do the swirl remover I moved on to the Z2(show polish). Again, they said it can make a difference with one coat, I put three. The first coat made the car look about the same, the 2nd and 3rd made it look a lot more shiny. Overall my car looks pretty nice, I would recommend the Z2 show polish because It did do a little better job then regular waxing, but the Z5 didn't really do anything. I would recommend the Z6(detailing spray) though because it really makes your car sparkle after using the Z2(show polish). If you have any questions about all this just ask on this thread.
Old 10-09-2008, 01:48 PM
TECH Addict

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Z5 is a pure sealant with no abrasive or cleaning properties. It's not meant to actually remove swirls, but instead to cover up *very* light swirls. They make another product, ZPC Fusion, that is an abrasive polish to remove swirls, etc. before sealing.
Old 10-09-2008, 08:54 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by ZaneO
Z5 is a pure sealant with no abrasive or cleaning properties. It's not meant to actually remove swirls, but instead to cover up *very* light swirls. They make another product, ZPC Fusion, that is an abrasive polish to remove swirls, etc. before sealing.

Zaino is by far the best stuff I have ever used on cars before. I used their full kit (except their swirl remover), that included everything they sell, and when it was done, I couldnt believe how awesome it worked. After 1 coat of polish, I thought it looked awesome, but I added 2 more just for the hell of it. Zaino has some really awesome products, and I thought their polish was by far the best thing on the market. I've used many different brand of polishes on cars before too.

I thought it turned out pretty good.

- Mike

Last edited by Camaro_94; 10-09-2008 at 09:07 PM.
Old 10-09-2008, 09:59 PM
TECH Enthusiast

How do you guys post up pics? I can't do it. Says my pics are too big. Awesome Z06 by the way. My dream car for sure!!!
Old 10-09-2008, 10:05 PM
TECH Fanatic

Thanks.

I used photobucket. I think its by far the best and easiest way to upload pictures onto web sites. go to www.photobucket.com , create an account there, and upload your pictures to that site. It gives you an image link after you upload them, so you copy that link, and then paste it in the message you are trying to send and it allows you to post them up.

- Mike
Old 10-09-2008, 10:42 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I hate it when people have new paint/ new cars and brag about how good something makes there cars look LOL. Of course it looks good its new anything can make it look shinny. My car has 114k mile and is driven in rain/snow/ice you name it i have not used zaino yet just mothers and i have used tropic care because i got it for free. I liked both of them and im sure i would like zaino smd it would do a good job, but the price. My car has only been hand waxed too no buffers and not one swirl.
[IMG][/IMG]

Old 10-09-2008, 10:46 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 850 Likes on 651 Posts

ZPC is good at removing swirls with a PC and ornage or white pads. Z2pro is great as is CS.
Old 10-09-2008, 10:50 PM
TECH Senior Member

I detail cars on my own and here are a few of them.With mothers over the counter stuff. This was after driven all winter long

another after not being washed all winter
b4

After

Lady drives on a gravel road and the 1ft time its ever had wax on it.
b4

After

Old 10-10-2008, 09:10 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by SIC LSX
I hate it when people have new paint/ new cars and brag about how good something makes there cars look LOL. Of course it looks good its new anything can make it look shinny. My car has 114k mile and is driven in rain/snow/ice you name it i have not used zaino yet just mothers and i have used tropic care because i got it for free. I liked both of them and im sure i would like zaino smd it would do a good job, but the price. My car has only been hand waxed too no buffers and not one swirl.
Your car looks good man. But just for the record, The C6 Z is still kinda new, but its definately been driven around a lot. I think its got like 5,000+ miles on it. You are right though, the car would look good with almost any product applied to it, but pictures did not do the car justice. I also do a lot of detail work, and I've done quite a few "new" vettes before, and the zaino products gave the best results. I hate the prices, and I think they could be cheaper, but it is what it is. If you want the best, you have to pay for it.

I'm not going to lie... I use the mothers products on most of the cars I do. I've only used Zaino on a few cars. Mothers detailing products are very cost effective and work great. But if Zaino was the same price, I'd definately use that.

- Mike
Old 10-10-2008, 09:41 AM
TECH Veteran

Received 850 Likes on 651 Posts

Mothers makes some good stuff for OTC. Zaino is in another class tho. ZAIO is relatively inexpensive. The ZAIO/Z8 combo is great.
Old 10-10-2008, 10:42 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Nice cars guys!
Old 10-10-2008, 10:56 AM
TECH Resident

ZPC fusion is a VERY VERY VERY VERY VERY light abrasive... wont do much coverup or removal work at all... I used it and thought it was terrible... there are much better swirl removers out there... and Z5 as said is for EXTREAMLY light surface swirls not scratches...
Old 10-10-2008, 11:55 AM
TECH Senior Member

if you like zaino but dont like the price try tropic care. I have had a few friends go from zaino to tropic car and they say its the same.
Old 10-10-2008, 12:45 PM
TECH Resident

Tropic care makes a nice shiney wax... but it doesnt last nearly as long... and neither companys make a worthwhile swirlcutter