Automatic Transmission 2-Speed thru 10-Speed GM Autos | Converters | Shift Kits
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

fittings from hardline to braided hose? help?

Search this Thread

Old 10-13-2008, 10:40 PM
On The Tree

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default fittings from hardline to braided hose? help?

i've been trying to find a fitting that will allow me to go from the factory 5/16" hard factory tranny cooler lines to a braided -AN style hose. i dont want to use hose clamps and have that "look". i want it to be professional and clean looking and am willing to deal with the hassles to do so.

if i cant do this, what kind of fittings can i use at the transmission itself? i wouldnt mind running braided lines all the way but i dont know what style fitting is in there. since its a hardline i would imagine it is some sort of tubing flare.. so what kind of fitting would i put in there that i could attach an AN fitting to?

if the answer was right in front of my face i apologize but ive been looking about an hour and i just dont have time anymore lol.. thx for any help
Old 10-14-2008, 01:30 PM
On The Tree

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

may be running all the way to the tranny. no big deal. im gonna guess that i can get away with just using a pipe thread to -6 of some sort on the tranny itself
Old 10-14-2008, 08:10 PM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

http://www.turbols6.com/gallery/TYPHOON-LSX-TURBO/akc Theas are the correct fittings, You don't need the sonnax, just the other 2. If you don't have the room for these you can use 1/4npt to -6 an, use teflon tape and do not over tighten.
Old 10-15-2008, 01:41 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 241 Likes on 168 Posts

not sure what tranny you have, but it might have 1/4-18 npsm threads-they are a pipe thread, but straight, not tapered
ATI Performance (transmissions) has the fittings with that thread
#925137 has the #6 an to the 1/4-18 straight-they also have them in #8 an
do not use a taper thread pipe fitting
im going to get a set, see if i can machine the inside of one of them and press in a tube for the rear 4l80e fitting
not sure if the 4l60e has the extended pipe in one of their fittings, but i dont think so