Automatic Transmission 2-Speed thru 10-Speed GM Autos | Converters | Shift Kits
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

---->GLENN AND PAVEL FROM KELLY CHEVROLET BLEW A PERFORMABUILT TRANSMISSION IN 6mi!!!

Search this Thread

Old 10-24-2008, 05:32 PM
TECH Addict

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Exclamation ---->GLENN AND PAVEL FROM KELLY CHEVROLET BLEW A PERFORMABUILT TRANSMISSION IN 6mi!!!

My Wife took Her basically stock 2001 WS6 into Kelly Chevrolet 601 N Fed Hgwy of Hallandale to fix a little over-heating issue (turned out to be something with the radiator).

Kelly Chevrolet tech Pavel #877 took Her car on a "test drive" Friday October 24th, 2008. During said drive, this monkey BLEW THE INPUT SPRAG of Her Level 2 PerformaBuilt tranny!

We've already spoken to Her retained attorney and to Frank about the situation. The tranny is gonna get pulled (by someone OTHER than Kelly Chevrolet ofcourse) and sent to Frank during which photographs and a diagnosis will be made by Frank and said documentation will be forwarded to Her attorney.

UN F#(K!NG BELIEVABLE!!!

Her car has NEVER been tracked or abused. The tranny has ~25K miles on it and it has performed FLAWLESSLY up until THEY drove it

Her attorney is confident that all liability for purchase of the new tranny, labor replacement of the tranny, and shipping of the tranny will fall upon Kelly should litigation become necessary.

Please offer any input on this situation. Thanks!

Christopher
Old 10-24-2008, 05:48 PM
9 Second Club/Nitrous Mod

Uh oh! I think thread is gonna get ugly...
Old 10-24-2008, 05:58 PM
Teching In

I was told by Glenn that the tech who drove my car heard a loud "pop" and then he had to manually switch the gear into first to get it back to the dealer. When I asked Glenn how long the tech (Pavel) had my car on a "test drive" he replies with..."Well, I am not sure but he only put six miles on it."
I just think that this is ridiculous and unacceptable. I was not willing to pay them hundreds of dollars for little BS stuff that they wanted me to pay for so instead they decide to break my car in hopes that I would be stupid enough to just pay it. WoW were they wrong! And now THEY will pay for ALL OF IT!
Old 10-24-2008, 06:52 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by shortdog
Uh oh! I think thread is gonna get ugly...
Old 10-24-2008, 07:04 PM
On The Tree

update?
Old 10-24-2008, 07:19 PM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Received 78 Likes on 56 Posts

Dont think there will be and update for a while,
Readers digest version-
1-Lady takes car to dealer.
2-When car gets to dealer has a bad water pump and no other known issues.
3-Trans had been in car for 1.5 years 0 issues 25000 miles.
4-Mechanic takes LS1 car out for test drive after replacing water pump.
5-Trans suddenly breaks ?
6-Dealer had tried to get large list of non trans related repairs prior that were turned down by customer.

Our only involvement in this will be doing a 950 restore on the trans and then
documenting what was wrong with it in photo.likely from description could be and input sprag or low roller clutch.

Frank at PerformaBuilt

Until that happens its unlikely there will be any updates

Call 888-744-6542

Last edited by performabuilt; 10-24-2008 at 10:12 PM.
Old 10-24-2008, 07:53 PM
TECH Fanatic

yea frank that sounds a little weird to me.

Last edited by 383lt1impala; 10-24-2008 at 08:37 PM.
Old 10-24-2008, 08:00 PM
10 Second Club

after having to pay $600 just to have my old brake rotors turned and put back on the car, i will never go to any dealershit ever again.

Sorry to hear that about your loss, hopefully they pay up!!
Old 10-24-2008, 09:53 PM
FLT
FormerVendor

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by 383lt1impala
yea frank that sounds a little weird to me. its kinda like when flt was it? took a trans u built apart and there was all kinds of **** wrong with it.
Watch what you say young man! I'm sure that situation does not need to resurface. Not quite sure why your using that as a reference, but the point of this thread is there is a problem with a unit. Weather the dealer tech broke the trans, or it was just time for it to be refreshed/"restored" or possibly the trans was overheated, a failure was caused because of it. Judging that a water pump was bad in this vehicle and heat is the biggest killer of a transmission, to me an overheating condition is a possibility to cause a failure here. I'm sure performabuilt is going to do their best to make things right on this one. By the way Frank let me know if you would like a 3rd party to look at that thing while you get it apart. I'm also pretty good with a camera. Let me know! Vince
Old 11-14-2008, 06:05 AM
TECH Addict

Question

Frank, my shop has been trying to contact you all week. Can you please return Aaron's call?

I will leave his number on your voicemail. The transmission has been removed from our WS6 since last weekend.
Old 11-14-2008, 09:43 AM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Ok thats weird I have no voice mails or anything other than calls this morning I am about to go through hmmm .
But will do .
Frank

Call 888-744-6542

Old 11-23-2008, 07:12 PM
TECH Addict

Lightbulb

UPDATE:

Our tranny was pulled and crated last week. I paid Frank the necessary funds last week as well. As soon as he receives the tranny he'll ship us a new one.

Then the diagnosis and our looooong litigation process against Kelly can begin.
Old 11-27-2008, 05:30 PM
TECH Fanatic

Another great reason to never have a dealership come anywhere near your vehicles
Old 11-27-2008, 06:01 PM
OWN3D BY MY PROF!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

^ Times one hundred billion. I look forward to seeing what comes out of this.
Old 11-27-2008, 07:22 PM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by Beaflag VonRathburg
^ Times one hundred billion. I look forward to seeing what comes out of this.
+1 and with GM going under they cant afford to replace a water pump i bet haha
Old 11-30-2008, 08:18 AM
TECH Addict

Hello Frank.

I figure you're closed today so i'm asking here.
Have you sent the replacement tranny yet? Our tranny was shipped out about 9 or 10 days ago; even with the holidays you should have received it by now.

Just let me know. Thanks!

I'll be updating the thread concerning the litigation proceedings.

PS. This entire situation sucks SO bad. I'm sure it will be forever and a day before we get refunded from the dealer

Christopher
Old 11-30-2008, 10:54 AM
LS1Tech Sponsor

No we have not received it yet looks like monday from the tracking information below
Thanks
Frank
TAMAQUA,
PA, US 11/28/2008 4:00 A.M. ARRIVAL SCAN
HARRISBURG,
PA, US 11/26/2008 11:40 P.M. DEPARTURE SCAN
DEERFIELD BEACH,
FL, US 11/25/2008 11:31 A.M. PICKUP SCAN
JACKSONVILLE,
FL, US 11/25/2008 7:18 A.M. FORWARDED TO THE FACILITY IN THE DESTINATION CITY
11/25/2008 7:16 A.M. FORWARDED TO THE FACILITY IN THE DESTINATION CITY
11/25/2008 7:05 A.M. FORWARDED TO THE FACILITY IN THE DESTINATION CITY
11/25/2008 5:48 A.M. ARRIVAL SCAN
DEERFIELD BEACH,
FL, US 11/24/2008 11:50 P.M. DEPARTURE SCAN
11/24/2008 11:32 A.M. PICKUP SCAN

Call 888-744-6542

Old 11-30-2008, 10:17 PM
TECH Regular

So the car went into the dealership for an overheating problem and after the tech replaced the waterpump he test drove the car and the transmission broke. How is this the tech's or the dealership fault? If my car was being worked on by a shop for a overheating problem I would want them to drive the car to confirm that my wifes car isnt going to overheat and the the problem indeed fixed, now with out driving the car how could this have been confirmed?
I'm sorry to hear about your troubles but i'm just baffled on how this is the dealership fault and i will be shocked if you recieve one dime from them.
Old 11-30-2008, 10:56 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I am a tranny tech at a Chevy Dealership, and I get SICK AND TIRED of customers like you come in with one problem, and when it gets fixed and something else goes wrong, all of a sudden its my fault. I can't tell you how many times this happens a week. I rebuild the trans and a week later the horn or a/c doesn't work, and its my fault and the customer talks to me like i'm an *******. Before you go blaming the dealership, why don't you have performabuilt go thru the trans and see what happened!!!!!!!!! It sounds to me like your just trying to get something for free. Why do you all of a sudden jump to the conclusion that a tech did something wrong???? We see nice cars all day, everyday, so I don't think he was out ******* your stock ws6. I think you need to wake up and realize there is no warranty on performance parts!! I feel sorry for Kelly Chevy!!
Old 12-01-2008, 12:04 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by built408
I am a tranny tech at a Chevy Dealership, and I get SICK AND TIRED of customers like you come in with one problem, and when it gets fixed and something else goes wrong, all of a sudden its my fault. I can't tell you how many times this happens a week. I rebuild the trans and a week later the horn or a/c doesn't work, and its my fault and the customer talks to me like i'm an *******. Before you go blaming the dealership, why don't you have performabuilt go thru the trans and see what happened!!!!!!!!! It sounds to me like your just trying to get something for free. Why do you all of a sudden jump to the conclusion that a tech did something wrong???? We see nice cars all day, everyday, so I don't think he was out ******* your stock ws6. I think you need to wake up and realize there is no warranty on performance parts!! I feel sorry for Kelly Chevy!!
I agree with this guy. I was a tech at a Ford dealership for a while and this sort of thing happens all the time. When test driving the vehicles most techs will put them threw a series of test to make sure everything is working properly. If we find something that is wrong we can tell the customer about it and possibly make another sale. These "test" may not be normal driving for you but should not hurt the vehicle in any way whatsoever as long as everthing is mechanically sound.What is it that you think the tech did to the car? Tech's drive nice cars all the time. Just because it is a Trans Am doesn't mean he's going to go abuse the hell out of it. As long as he wasn't netural droping it or something I don't see how the trans messing up could be his fault. Sounds like the typical ripoff customer to me. Maybe the trans will show signs of some sort of damage like that and if so I'll eat my words. I guess it is possible that he was angry and tried to screw you over but most likely that wasn't the case. Work gets declined all the time so it was probably no big deal to him.

Quick Reply: ---->GLENN AND PAVEL FROM KELLY CHEVROLET BLEW A PERFORMABUILT TRANSMISSION IN 6mi!!!