Automatic Transmission 2-Speed thru 10-Speed GM Autos | Converters | Shift Kits
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

FLT 4L60E GOES 9.25 @ 146 IN JR's C5 TODAY!

Search this Thread

Old 11-09-2008, 08:51 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

Thats awesome, I wish it was something I could afford for my project... bad ***..
Old 11-09-2008, 12:57 PM
On The Tree

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

My FLT stage 4 comes this week!!! NICE TIMES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

+1 what vince said...go get them 8s!!
Old 11-11-2008, 04:15 PM
9 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

What a GREAT combination, an F Body with a FLT stage IV!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

JR
Old 11-13-2008, 07:19 AM
FLT
FormerVendor

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by V8_Club
Congrats !!! FLT Level Vs are AWESOME . Have them in three and counting of my customer's cars
Thank you for the support. We ship overseas quite often and are happy to do it. Thank you. Vince

Originally Posted by JR-CRUZN-C5
Vince -

Turned out that the noise came from a cracked flexplate collar, which is what in late model Corvettes the drive shaft splines into at the motor. I was LUCKY to catch it before it actually broke, as the motor would have been "free wheeling" being disconnected from the drive train.

I feel bad that I was not able to put the Vette into the 9. teens, or 9.0X's.

I had pulled the passenger seat and drained the gas down to 1/8th tank. That coupled with the "good air" (950 DA) would have easily put the times down at least 1/2 tenth from the 9.25 I ran the week before!!!

JR
Thanks for the update and well that's racing. I was a little bummed to see the car stay on the trailer but I'm sure we will be back out next year and I'll make sure to bring the cheese popcorn! We had a good day at the track regardless. Nothing wrong with a little tailgating at the track and I know we ate well!

Originally Posted by Bizzles
My FLT stage 4 comes this week!!! NICE TIMES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

+1 what vince said...go get them 8s!!
8's are the plan however with the car out of commission....there's always next year! Kind of use to that saying with our sports teams! I am building two units this week for F-body vehicles so yours could be one of them. Let us know how it works when you get it. Thanks Vince
Old 11-13-2008, 07:53 AM
On The Tree

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Vince @ FLT
8's are the plan however with the car out of commission....there's always next year! Kind of use to that saying with our sports teams! I am building two units this week for F-body vehicles so yours could be one of them. Let us know how it works when you get it. Thanks Vince
Got it back last night and THANK YOU! Shifts beautiful and very firm. Had to play w/ a blue C5 zoey on the way home, nothing serious but hey

Guy should call you today about shipping the box back, if he doesn't give me a call and i'll give you his number.

Going down to Atco Sunday so I'll let ya know how sweet that 1-2 is! Thanks again!
Old 11-28-2008, 04:04 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Vince @ FLT
Just wanted to post up and say thanks to JR for a good season of racing. Sorry to see the car pretty much stay on the trailer yesterday but we appreciate your dedication. I guess the car had a couple issues. First being a broken blower belt that Jr was replacing when we got there. Also an issue with a coupler for the torque tube on the engine side making noise. JR being a smart racer decided it was best not to chance anything knowing that more damage could be done. I saw a bunch of customers at the track yesterday that ran personal bests. Speed Inc. had a track day with a few guys running our units as well. One of which was a F-body that with one of our level 3 4l60e units that ran in the high 9's. Also another C5 ran yesterday with a 9.25 @ 154 using a FLT level 5. Pretty happy with the day all in all. We did a bit of tailgating and had a good time. Sorry to see your season end this way JR. But that's racing! Thanks again JR. Vince

I saw that pass. The guy in the tower was like, 9.25, where did this guy come from?

Quick Reply: FLT 4L60E GOES 9.25 @ 146 IN JR's C5 TODAY!