Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

vent tube puking tranny fluid?!?

Search this Thread

Old 03-09-2023, 09:30 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Vent for Tranny location

The answer to your question is they vent from the top..

Originally Posted by lt170chevelle
any sponsors want to clue me in on exactly where the vent tube actually vents from inside the tranny? i temporarily fixed it by running a long vac hose from the vent to the dipstic tube and drilled a small hole and added a small vac tee so when its puking it goes back in the tranny and vents at the same time.i dont like it but it works.lol
Old 03-25-2023, 10:44 AM
Teching In

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Greetings.
I know I’m late to the party on this thread but wanted to post for future reference. Precision Transmissions out of Amarillo Texas addresses this potential for leaks in one of their 4L60E videos on YouTube. Their solution is to add a thin film of silicone around the vent (during rebuild) cavity in the pump. They claim that this helps to prevent an adjacent pressure cavity, from cross-leaking into the vent cavity.
Old 03-27-2023, 11:44 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 1,246 Likes on 800 Posts

Originally Posted by DTOM
Greetings.
I know I’m late to the party on this thread but wanted to post for future reference. Precision Transmissions out of Amarillo Texas addresses this potential for leaks in one of their 4L60E videos on YouTube. Their solution is to add a thin film of silicone around the vent (during rebuild) cavity in the pump. They claim that this helps to prevent an adjacent pressure cavity, from cross-leaking into the vent cavity.
These guys are hacks.
It's widely known by anyone in the industry that the advice given on that youtube channel is laughable and should largely be ignored.
I can't say 100% of what he says is garbage...but a large % certainly is

This is one of those instances. DO NOT use silicone on the pump halves. Unless you like being a total hack then go for it
The following users liked this post:
bbond105 (03-27-2023)

Quick Reply: vent tube puking tranny fluid?!?