Automatic Transmission 2-Speed thru 10-Speed GM Autos | Converters | Shift Kits
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Is there any hope? 2,3,4 all GONE?

Search this Thread

Old 11-22-2008, 09:08 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Is there any hope? 2,3,4 all GONE?

So I noticed my trans has been slipping a little bit with this colder weather. I didn't think too much of it since it was just on startups and I've been having issues anyways (I have no second gear).

Well today I lost 2,3, and 4. I still have first, but thats it. With true duals, and the fact it went out in another town I was barely able to limp it home.

I figure the trans is shot and I'll be calling FLT, and some other sponsors Monday am. Is there any hope I don't need a whole new trans? I put some fluid in it, but it still made no difference.

Now I get to figure out how to get the 3hr trip home next week, then back to finish up the semester
Old 11-22-2008, 09:26 PM
TECH Addict

Oh man that sucks!
Good news is the same thing happend to me minus losing second gear. I got the trans rebuilt by the dealership but it was a side job. never needed a new trans!
Old 11-23-2008, 09:28 AM
FLT
FormerVendor

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

With the loss of second gear to start with I would suspect that now the band and the 3-4 clutch is damaged in your transmission. This is why you no longer have 2nd. 3rd and 4th gears. Give us a call to see what we can do for you. Thank you for your time. Vince
Old 11-23-2008, 09:49 AM
11 Second Club

Received 307 Likes on 232 Posts
LS1Tech 10 Year

I do love the ability to shut the Car off and "reset" the Transmission to be able to move when you need to..that got me to the Shop the last time my Auto went.
Old 11-23-2008, 11:44 AM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by Vince @ FLT
With the loss of second gear to start with I would suspect that now the band and the 3-4 clutch is damaged in your transmission. This is why you no longer have 2nd. 3rd and 4th gears. Give us a call to see what we can do for you.Thank you for your time. Vince
Thats on the agenda for the first thing in the morning. Unless y'all are open today?