Automatic Transmission 2-Speed thru 10-Speed GM Autos | Converters | Shift Kits
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Manually shifted 4l80e ross-lock shift controller??

Search this Thread

Old 10-10-2009, 10:37 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Any one got feedback yet on the Ross-lock 4L80E controller ?

cheers
Old 10-10-2009, 04:16 PM
On The Tree

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have one on my 80 but I just got my 400 out and started to put the 80 in I will let you no how it performs, FWIW 80s are hard to put in by yourself lying on the floor just venting a little LOL.
Old 10-13-2009, 12:37 AM
TECH Apprentice

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Randy WS6
I have the TransGo MVB in mine and it works fine, It has a small delay from 2nd. to 3rd, at cruse but a WOT it shift prefect and hard. I talk to TransGo the other day and they said they drop the trans brake ,because there was no demand for it.
I agree. The delay in the 2-3 shift is annoying on the street, but at the track it seems to work correctly. I removed the spring from the direct accumulator and put a washer under it, this made the 2-3 shift harder, but didn't make much if any change to the delayed shift.
Old 10-20-2009, 11:52 PM
On The Tree

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I just got my car done the other day and the Ross lock works perfectly the converter will only lock in 3rd and 4th gear. You might want to invest in some sort of module control for the down shifting part, to help the trans match the rpm speed not really a big deal for me. What ever gear you put it in it will hold there. Very easy to install and being able to lock the converter up when you want is cool to. All and all I like this box it was well worth the money.
Old 10-21-2009, 07:29 AM
FLT
FormerVendor

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by z28boy
I just got my car done the other day and the Ross lock works perfectly the converter will only lock in 3rd and 4th gear. You might want to invest in some sort of module control for the down shifting part, to help the trans match the rpm speed not really a big deal for me. What ever gear you put it in it will hold there. Very easy to install and being able to lock the converter up when you want is cool to. All and all I like this box it was well worth the money.
Thanks for the feedback. I have a customer looking to do this and I have talked to Carl about it as well. Thank you. Vince Bielanski
Old 10-21-2009, 05:06 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by z28boy
I think the biggest question is,

how fast is the shift delay for each gear on light load and WOT ?

cheers

Quick Reply: Manually shifted 4l80e ross-lock shift controller??