Automatic Transmission 2-Speed thru 10-Speed GM Autos | Converters | Shift Kits
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Question From PerformaBuilt to tuners out there?

Search this Thread

Old 01-23-2009, 02:34 PM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Received 78 Likes on 56 Posts

Originally Posted by deadmanTA
I have ran my TCI 4K for almost 4 yrs now never got this code.
Thats what I was saying some cars do some cars don't , some cars do it immediate others much later and some not at all regardless or who, where or what the converter is

Call 888-744-6542

Old 01-23-2009, 03:29 PM
10 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

You won't believe this but I read this thread for the first time last night. Today was a nice day so I was out cruising around and all of a sudden my Check engine light pops on. I happen to have my laptop with me so I scanned it real quick with HPtuners and what do you know, PO757 rears its ugly head. This is the first time I have ever seen that code since I put the stall in back last March and I put a Performabuilt tranny in back in October. I cleared the DTC's and now it seems fine again, has not popped back on since. Very interesting. I guess I will just disable it with HPtuners. Pretty ironic that I just read this thread last night and was thinking to myself that I have never gotten that code, well my car heard me apparently and decided to do something about it.

To disable this with HPtuners I just select "No error reported" for the error mode on PO757 correct?
Old 01-23-2009, 03:35 PM
LS1Tech Sponsor

I think that is correct I know you uncheck a box in efilive,
And like i said oddley the codeis quiet random you might go another 6 months or never see it again.

Call 888-744-6542

Old 01-23-2009, 03:40 PM
10 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by performabuilt
I think that is correct I know you uncheck a box in efilive,
And like i said oddley the codeis quiet random you might go another 6 months or never see it again.
Yeah, with HPtuners there is a box that you uncheck also to disable the SES light notification but that doesn't disable the error checking for that code. I am pretty sure I just select no error reported to "disable" it so that the computer no longer checks for that error.
Old 01-27-2009, 10:03 PM
10 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by performabuilt
I do know low geared cars like 373 are less likley to do it than 273 cars and I know that some cars will and some cars wont, Some cars will do it right away some not for 1000s of mile and some once in a blue moon, Just seems to me that since it can and does happen why not turn it off as a precaution, In reality if the solenoid sticks without the code all will happem is the trans will stay in second and not up shift but not set limp mode either,
Spot on for me. 3.42 gears, 4000 stall (Yank ST4000). It seemed like I actually had a sticking solenoid though. Car would lock in second. Randomly would come on... I found that if I just pulled over, turned the car off for about 2 minutes then started it up, it was fine. Take to auto zone and have them clear the code. I actually went ahead and replaced the solenoids. Would still do it randomly. I would talk to my tuner, but I'm going TH400 now so I won't have these issues anymore. Good post though.
Old 01-28-2009, 09:56 AM
LS1Tech Sponsor

it is pretty comon but you wont have that with the 400 just wont have overdrive or lockup not a fun street car IMO

Call 888-744-6542

Quick Reply: Question From PerformaBuilt to tuners out there?