Sponsored by:

New converter + HD2 kit, slipping like a mofo

Search this Thread

Old 02-19-2009 | 12:27 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by troopercar
are you just an internet expert?

You feel the shifts in my 4000+ stalled auto plenty hard under heavy throttle. Kick out the *** end hitting 2nd hard. And in everyone else's too if it's working right.
And if it's not?
Here we got a guy driving the car enough to kill the trans. Stock converter he'd have felt it slipping or a firm shift. 4000 rpm converter and a slipping trans, kind of hard to tell when he can't get a wot shift without hitting the rev limiter.
Read the ******* thread and you might grasp the concept, you might get whats going on in someone elses car not just yours.

IMO ever heard of it? It means in my opinion.
It's my opinion that if he kept the stock converter in and had a slipping trans after the kit he could have stopped driving and saved it.

Use your head, don't come on here calling me an internet expert, and telling everyone how your converter works. I personally don't give a **** one way or the other.
You sound like a ******* idiot, now I'm not going to call you one because I'll get banned but you sound like one.
Old 02-19-2009 | 01:01 PM
TECH Fanatic

Somebody just got owned, lol. Coolaid, just have Sean at Top Shelf in Mesa rebuild yours. Or buy from a sponsor here and sell your old one.
Old 02-19-2009 | 02:48 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by 9000th01ss
Post up your tune.

Just my opinion, never do a shift kit and converter at the same time.
Do the shift kit first, with a converter like that you can hardly tell there a shift kit in it.
The bigger boost valve in the HD kit make up for the pressure of the stronger 3-4 and forward springs you put inside the trans. (you actually took the input drum out and put the springs in? most people skip it for some reason)
This is what I was responding to. While building my car I guess I should have built the tranny stout first and then after a few hundred miles pulled it back out and did a converter. Is it ok that I did the cam at the same time as the heads?

I also was letting him know that soft shifts with a converter is not normal. I referenced mine because I actually own, build, and tune a real car and don't just spout bullshit that me and my high post count buddies read.

I'll refrain from addressing how awesome you are for confronting me like this. I bet in real life you're pretty impressive. You are pretty manly in here
Old 02-19-2009 | 04:12 PM
Banned

If you don't like my opinion, state yours and hit submit reply. Pretty simple.
Of all people you had to confront me, weird. I wonder why that is...

This is what I was responding to. While building my car I guess I should have built the tranny stout first and then after a few hundred miles pulled it back out and did a converter. Is it ok that I did the cam at the same time as the heads?

I also was letting him know that soft shifts with a converter is not normal. I referenced mine because I actually own, build, and tune a real car and don't just spout bullshit that me and my high post count buddies read.

I'll refrain from addressing how awesome you are for confronting me like this. I bet in real life you're pretty impressive. You are pretty manly in here
Old 02-19-2009 | 04:18 PM
Banned

Why would you say that? have you ever driven a built/stalled auto or are you just an internet expert?

You feel the shifts in my 4000+ stalled auto plenty hard under heavy throttle. Kick out the *** end hitting 2nd hard. And in everyone else's too if it's working right.
So, as another opinion from a reputable transmission sponsor on the site.
Are you saying he's wrong too?

Originally Posted by performabuilt
You know that with a 4000 stall its gonna feel like its slipping at anything much less than 4000 until it goes into lockup,
And if you have not tuned for it yet its not surprising that the shifts and all are off and wont shift at wot etc, As mentioned also with a stall the shift feel "not to be confused with the actual shift" will be much less noticable even with a shift kit.