Automatic Transmission 2-Speed thru 10-Speed GM Autos | Converters | Shift Kits
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Anybody have the Trinity 4L80E Transbrake?

Search this Thread

Old 04-15-2009, 12:31 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Randy WS6
I installed my Transgo MVB and seams to work grate, I just wish i had a transbrake to go with it.
How many miles on the MVB?
Old 04-30-2009, 09:38 PM
Teching In

Default Trans brake works

I have one that works great, after some miner issues every thing works fine. one thing trinity trans, falls to tell every one is there is a big delay about 10 sec. going into reverse and as well on brake engagement, so be sure that u are being patience when testing it out.
Old 05-01-2009, 12:24 AM
TECH Resident

Received 93 Likes on 56 Posts

Have you put a pressure gauge on it to see why it has delayed reverse engagement? I would suggest that you do.

10 seconds to engage reverse is a problem and not what I would consider working "fine".
Old 05-03-2009, 03:16 PM
TECH Resident

Yea I cant say 10 second delays are good let alone remotely desireable.

-Dustin-
Old 09-16-2010, 12:02 AM
TECH Apprentice

Have same valvebody and problems keep getting worse. Delayed engagement was minor. Then no brake would work. Then shortly after It started to jerk hard on 2-1 downshift and then started locking the trans up while in 1st as if the brake was engaged. Then smoked clutches. So soon I am taking it off and undoing everything the kit had you do and building it again with new seal kit and then new clutches and get the tci rmvb On it way with tbrake. Anyone have these problems and also how is the tci vb
Old 09-18-2010, 11:18 PM
TECH Resident

I've got a transbrake lying here from Jake. We'll see how it works when I finally get it into the transmission.

-Dustin-
Old 11-11-2012, 11:44 PM
TECH Apprentice

i recently pulled my trinity kit out and rebuilt the whole transmission. i went with everything the best again and installed the 274500 tci RMVB kit. i recieved the kit and installed it with seperator plate to case gasket and when it came time to run it the thing was locked in 1st gear only. i removed valve body and pulled gasket out and installed just how the kit came and had same symptom, i then pulled valvebody and installed case gasket and valve body to seperator plate gasket and still had locked in 1st, i then removed the transmission to double check everything and keep in mind this is far from the first transmission i ever have done. i then went completely back through it to verify clearances and actually had my friend which has done his fair share of transmissions alongside to double check me again. rotating mass internal wise the tranmission checks out 100%. so i sent valvebody to tci for repair and they claimed it was due to a gasket that i installed on the valvebody to seperator plate, i clearly explained that i tried with and without gaskets and had all same symptom. but i recieved the valvebody and installed the way it is "supposed to be" and now i have 1st 2nd and 3rd but no fourth and still no reverse, and yes this is the kit you need to engage brake noids in N or R in order to achieve reverse. i have pressure checked everything on the case with valvebody off and band does apply and all other clutch packs apply from case side. whats amazing is how their repair this time made me achieve 2 more gears, i am lost for what to do and dont have the patience or time to **** with removing and isntalling 3 more times which is just enough time for my warranty to run out on valvebody and for me to waste all money on transmission fluid..274500 valve body still not working. i recently had my valvebody returned by you guys and i still have no reverse. i ordered it and installed it only to find out i had only 1st gear and was locked in 1st. i shipped it back for repair and now recieved it back after hearing that it was due to a gasket installed by me on the valve body, which i installed that after i had locked in 1st. so i recently got it back from repair and now has 1st, 2nd, 3rd, but remains not to have 4th gear or reverse.
Old 11-15-2012, 11:59 AM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Same issues with the TCI 274500 RPFMVB we have been using Carl Rosller trans brackes they work excellent never have no trouble. The only reason we went with TCI is because we have some customers asking for reverse pattern Valve Body. We have tried everything in the past couple of weeks sent it back same results. Thank God I have a patient understanding customer. Hopefully they will get it resolved soon. What can you do... things happen. You do however need to get a real deep pan from Carl Rosller we have tried other deep pans but they will not work. I've also heard good things about Jake's. They're good people, and very knowledgeable!

Last edited by maddoglou454; 11-15-2012 at 12:20 PM.
Old 11-16-2012, 08:38 AM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

This is our 4L80E masterpiece. It can handle a maximum of 1200HP. Full manual valve body forward pattern, with Trans-brake. The trans brake can also be set up to work with your cars computer, so in other words it can shift automatically and when you take it to the track; put it in 3rd gear and activate the trans-brake. Lots of different ways to set it up. Stay away from the TCI Trans-brake, they haven't figured it out yet. Just my 2 cents, If you have any questions, please call me.
Attached Thumbnails Anybody have the Trinity 4L80E Transbrake?-034.jpg  
Old 11-16-2012, 12:23 PM
TECH Apprentice

so i contacted TCI today. and they said i have to go through race mart that i purchased it from and then they can deal with the warranty, i told them i would take the refund price of what racemart buys it from them. lol. i am tired of the headache. and they are being very hard to deal with. my friend was going to purchase a few things. but after this experience i may not do business with them again. kinda pissing me off
Old 12-13-2012, 12:08 PM
TECH Apprentice

installed jakes performance manual low kit with thier box and HANDS DOWN the best functioning ALSO their email tech support seemed to be 24/7. i will definietly use these guys again not only for the great products but out of everyone out there they definietely know that it takes after hours tech support to make a business last. these guys are there for the long haul and i hope they expand more in parts to offer

Quick Reply: Anybody have the Trinity 4L80E Transbrake?