Automatic Transmission 2-Speed thru 10-Speed GM Autos | Converters | Shift Kits
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Effin trans! Again!

Search this Thread

Old 04-05-2009, 09:03 PM
TECH Addict

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

wow.......so you sending that reman tranny back then? At least you finally figured out the problem
Old 04-05-2009, 09:04 PM
Banned

I didn't look close yet but the motion of the car going up and down may be pulling the parking brake on as you drive because its damaged or misrouted. I'll see more tomorrow.
Old 04-05-2009, 09:09 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by waldershrek

wow.......so you sending that reman tranny back then? At least you finally figured out the problem
I can't i promised to pay for it cause the shop didn't believe there was a problem, I just wanted the car fixed...**** IT...thats life........I'd rather she start fresh anyways. I need to have the brakes checked over closely now too. Probably need to find a different shop because things just never got looked at the way they should have. Believe it or not we never use the parking brake and just never considered it at all. I just thought of it this morning...LIKE GEEZ what a dummy! What was so weird about it is cold it was faily normal...but as it warmed up it got tighter..i still don't understand it but i will once i get a better look at it.
Old 04-05-2009, 09:15 PM
Banned

Unfortuneatly the reason the whole thing got out of hand is because the fluid was black...if it had been red like it should have the brakes would have gotten a closer look. Instead the black fluid tossed a wrench into the mess!
Old 04-05-2009, 09:34 PM
TECH Addict

Well you can probably sell it and get some or most of your money back out of tranny
Old 04-05-2009, 09:42 PM
Banned

I'm going to have it installed and get the brakes fixed and move on....thats life. Cars today are extremely complex.

I'm also thinking there maybe some type of brake line problem or restiction in the rear. I see there is some type of return line for the abs with two hoses invovled at the rear. If these were pulled or steretched maybe as the fluid heats up it is slightly applying the bad pads because it can't return to the master cylinder.

This whole thing is weird because the 1st time i drove after the second repair to the trans my 1st though was...geez it feels like the parking brake is on!
Old 04-05-2009, 10:21 PM
Banned

What does really make me extremely mad is the shop acted like my wife was just being fussy when actually all along there was a problem. He even made a few comments about my wife(she's my pride and joy) to me that honestly if i didn't want the car fixed so my wife is happy again would have gotten him a tounge lashing. I have no problem with paying for what i want, but when you have a legit problem that no one actually looks at closely to find an answer you get labeled a PITA.

In hindsight nothing is easy today, god help us all.

Till next time i turn control of your life back over to you.......(Outter Limits 60's tv shows sounds)

Last edited by 9987ta; 04-05-2009 at 10:43 PM.
Old 04-05-2009, 10:53 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by 9000th01ss
Since you mentioned brakes so many times, jack up each wheel and spin it. I'd at least put a hand on each wheel and carefully on each brake to see if ones roasting.
Response:
Originally Posted by 9987ta
We checked all that, fp is 61 psi, brakes have been checked many times.
Response:
You're hell bent on just repeating the same **** over and over. **** questions, advice, whatever. You've been working on cars for 35 years you said. You should get with 2009 and make a blog--thats where you type your feelings so people can read them without offering advice. Thats not what this forum is for.
The parking brake was stuck on, the handle was in the proper place off but one of the cables was pulled on underneath the car. hmmm the rear rotors must have been getting that hot inside. Sad all this BS over a tight cable.
Brakes have been checked many times.
brakes have been checked many times.
Un ******* believable
You're hell bent on just repeating the same **** over and over. **** questions, advice, whatever.
I know what the problem is, has nothing at all to do with the car.
Old 04-05-2009, 11:00 PM
Banned

Bite me, i'm glad you're perfect... two shops checked the brakes PLUS the dealer drove it!....this was not a easy thing to find. I guess we should all bow to you because you are perfect! get bent!

Go find someones elses problem to pick on and not add any thing good too... guys like you are a dime a dozen!

You have no idea who you are posting to or the experience the guy who did the job has. Next time i guess we will save all this trouble and just call you up to get you to check the MAF.........

Last edited by 9987ta; 04-05-2009 at 11:10 PM.
Old 04-05-2009, 11:03 PM
Banned

Bite me, i'm glad you're perfect...even the two shops checked the brakes PLUS the dealer drove it!....this was not a easy thing to find. I guess we should all bow to you because you are perfect! get bent!

Go find someones elses problem to pick on and not add any thing good too...you guys are a dime a dozen!
Don't do it, I'll get my voodoo model of your car out and you'll have a whole new problem tomorrow.
Old 04-07-2009, 09:09 PM
Banned

Things have gone very bad...the new trans from GM is bad....it makes terrible pump noise and was jumping in reverse.........................................I can't accept this...I hope the shop calls GM and demands another trans I WILL NOT ACCEPT THIS MESS! We depend on this car for work and doctor visits! Someone please help us fix our car! PLEASE~!

I had to lie to my wife and tell her the car wasn't done! The shop has it and is going to check the filter hoping it may have a air leak causing the pump noise ....WOULD YOU ACCEPT THIS??????

Please pray for us that we can get our car fixed. Thank You

Last edited by 9987ta; 04-07-2009 at 09:15 PM.
Old 04-07-2009, 09:47 PM
Banned

Things have gone very bad...the new trans from GM is bad....it makes terrible pump noise and was jumping in reverse.........................................I can't accept this...I hope the shop calls GM and demands another trans I WILL NOT ACCEPT THIS MESS! We depend on this car for work and doctor visits! Someone please help us fix our car! PLEASE~!

I had to lie to my wife and tell her the car wasn't done! The shop has it and is going to check the filter hoping it may have a air leak causing the pump noise ....WOULD YOU ACCEPT THIS??????

Please pray for us that we can get our car fixed. Thank You
WOULD YOU ACCEPT THIS??????
If it's doing what you say it's doing and the shop tried to give it to you, then you're at the wrong shop. I think that's been said before the work was even done.

Keep taking it to these idiots, Effort+Stupidity=Failure.

You sound like a nut case yourself.
Old 04-07-2009, 09:53 PM
Banned

Thanks i can always count on you to help with great advice that fixes my problem. 1st of all i paid him alot of money,he didn't rebuild the GM trans. I have no idea why he gave it back to me like this but he claims he never heard it. I can't afford to just drop this in someones elses lap! He claims the dealers won't fix it unless its much worse?????????? this baffles me because how much worse could it get. That pump areating the fluid is going to **** that pump very shortly and my wife isn't going to be in traffic when it does. I will not accept the car back if it makes pump noise, its that simple.
Old 04-07-2009, 09:54 PM
Banned

Thanks i can always count on you to help with great advice that fixes my problem.
The great advice is: TAKE IT TO ANOTHER SHOP!!!
Old 04-07-2009, 10:00 PM
Banned

Nut case? Me? geez....i think you are in for a rude awakening someday my friend if you think you can avoid god. You think that air you are breathing is yours? HA!
Old 04-07-2009, 10:01 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by 2002CAMAROSSLS1T56
The great advice is: TAKE IT TO ANOTHER SHOP!!!
sure find me another shop that is willing to take on a car that was just worked on for free and i'll get right on it.
Old 04-07-2009, 10:20 PM
Banned

sure find me another shop that is willing to take on a car that was just worked on for free and i'll get right on it.
Eventually you'll end up paying another shop to get it right. Just cut your losses, tow it to a shop with educated techs, tell them to fix it, pay, get on with life.

Seriously, how long do you think it takes a shop to fix a transmission?
Stick with this guy and waste more money, or take that money to a better shop. Thats the reality of it all. I don't know many shops turning down work these days, even if you brought the trans in boxes you could get a decent place to make it run properly.

The problem is you are the decision maker, and you refuse to take it somewhere else.
Old 04-07-2009, 10:49 PM
Banned

I agree but seriously i'm very ill, my wife works full time and i can do very little messing around. You think this guy is going to hand me 1200 dollars back? I seriously doubt it. But i do hear you loud and clear. I'm going to hope and pray he finds a bad filter or crack, rubber missing etc and its fixed. Other wise i will be forced to not asccept it back until its fixed. I have no other choice. I may contact another dealer BUT he works wioth a local gm dealer and claims they won't fix it if its just pump noise. Seriously i think he is trying to comvince me its acceptable, he doesn't realize i have a back ground in hydraulic pumps. Shops says" its a tight convertor" BS its air in the pump and trust me that is knocking the crap out od the vanes. Its not growling like this for nothing. You could hear it over the engine! I guess i'm going to be BRUTALLY honest tomorrow with this guy. I know its not his fault but its not mine either. He is in business selling GM remans...he better call them pronto!
Old 04-07-2009, 11:01 PM
Banned

HOWS this! If you are a dealer wrench or have a shop near ALLENTOWN Pennsylvannia and are willing to help us fix our car please PM me for my contact info. You will get paid but it will take few weeks. Thank You
Old 04-08-2009, 08:18 AM
Banned

Shop is going to check the filter then i'll take it to a dealer to drive. If it breaks then its their problem. The shop has been good in most of this but i think he thinks i'm making up stories about how loud the pump whine was. It was 1 pint low and the trans was SCREAMING loud over the normal engine noises. I added a pint and it quieted down but there is still some kind of pump noise in my opinion.