Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Yank SS series converter GROUP PURCHASE

Search this Thread

Old 01-06-2010, 09:33 PM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by LS1 SPEED
We put an early order in to get Dave a bit ahead of the game, but they will all ship to us on one skid to distribute.

I hope this doesn't cause any big issues for anyone.
I'm in no hurry but sooner the better of course I have to wait for you guys to get it to FLT. The suspence is building. Can't wait to get the combo guys.
Old 01-25-2010, 09:50 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

My PT-4000 arrived today. Thank you to all involved.
Old 01-25-2010, 10:35 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 81 Likes on 72 Posts

^^^sweet, I hope everyone posts up and tells their driving impressions of their new converters.
Old 01-25-2010, 10:47 PM
TECH Apprentice

ill be getting mine from ups tomarrow. Ill def post my driving impressions and im sure ill have some, with this being my first stalled auto.
Old 01-27-2010, 09:23 PM
TECH Regular

Got mines today. Got your message Larry. I'll give Bryan a call tomorrow.
Old 01-27-2010, 10:17 PM
Teching In

I recieved my SS3600 today Thanks Brian and everyone who was involved with the group purchase! Time to put it all back together
Old 01-27-2010, 11:41 PM
TECH Apprentice

got mine today. thanks everyone
Old 01-28-2010, 05:46 PM
On The Tree

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Didn't get **** because they don't tell you up front they only ship sig in person. (and there's so many reasons why that doesn't prevent crap as far as stealing stuff)
When I called Yank wouldn't change it even though I told them I'd waive whatever they wanted. They just told me to sign the back of the UPS note they leave. I did that, but that doesn't do anything which I found out when it resulted in the final notice, so now my converter is 100 mile round trip away and I'm expected to go waste my time and gas and time to go get it.
I'm sorry I ever wasted my time with yank.

In the mean time a few thousand dollars worth of other parts were left on my pourch from vendors that don't pull this.

Last edited by Aaron91RS; 01-28-2010 at 05:52 PM.
Old 01-28-2010, 06:11 PM
FormerVendor

Originally Posted by Aaron91RS
Didn't get **** because they don't tell you up front they only ship sig in person. (and there's so many reasons why that doesn't prevent crap as far as stealing stuff)
When I called Yank wouldn't change it even though I told them I'd waive whatever they wanted. They just told me to sign the back of the UPS note they leave. I did that, but that doesn't do anything which I found out when it resulted in the final notice, so now my converter is 100 mile round trip away and I'm expected to go waste my time and gas and time to go get it.

In the mean time a few thousand dollars worth of other parts were left on my pourch from vendors that don't pull this.
Last night when we spoke you where to check with UPS and get back with us, but you did not!
So if you need help call us back, as you where asked to do.
We only try to protect your converter investment with signature required
Dave 775 826 9955
Old 01-28-2010, 07:24 PM
TECH Apprentice

Talking

Originally Posted by Aaron91RS

all he had to do was call the number on the back of the card and tell them you would pick it up. thats what i did. Dont bash anyone bc they were really looking out for the customers. i was suprised and thankful that a sig was required for my little 650$ box. Now if ups did leave it on your front porch and a crack head stole it you would be bitching that no sig was required.
LESSON LEARNED: no matter wha, someone will always B^*TCH
thanks again YANK
Old 01-28-2010, 08:26 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by Circa307
all he had to do was call the number on the back of the card and tell them you would pick it up. thats what i did. Dont bash anyone bc they were really looking out for the customers. i was suprised and thankful that a sig was required for my little 650$ box. Now if ups did leave it on your front porch and a crack head stole it you would be bitching that no sig was required.
LESSON LEARNED: no matter wha, someone will always B^*TCH
thanks again YANK
Hold it, so I can pick it up 100 mile round trip away? Yeah that's my first choice.

First the customer should have been told when they ordered it that's what they did so it wasn't a surprise.
Second if the customer straight up tells them just leave it, then that's on the customer, not the vendor. There's even an option to do an indirect signature which is 'proof' for the vendor the customer waives any right to say it was stolen.
Third UPS doesn't care who signs for it. The mexican working in your yard will do. A thief sitting on your pourch will do.
A female can sign even if the name on the box is a guys, they don't check ID's, and they don't care even when it's obvious the person signing isn't the name on the box. You can even put a fake name. Ever have it sent to your work? Who signs? Not you, just whoever is around at the time.
Ever have UPS deliver it to the wrong address and a neighbor signs? Hey they signed for it. If the neighbor is dishonest signing didn't help.
Fourth they leave that post-it on your door. Any thief can walk up, grab that off your door, put the number in UPS.com and tell them to hold the package and go pick it up. A lazy thief can reroute it so he doesn't even have to leave. So signing for a package is a total joke used to give you a false sense of security because you don't think like a thief. But a thief sure does.
Old 01-28-2010, 08:35 PM
Staging Lane

man i wish i would have found this thread before today I would have got one... when is next time?? pm me..
Old 01-30-2010, 11:53 AM
TECH Senior Member

I would have liked to get in as well. Oh well.
Old 01-31-2010, 12:58 AM
TECH Resident

i always miss the sales... any heads up on when the next sale might be????????????????
Old 01-31-2010, 06:45 PM
Banned

I recieved mine Fri, thanks Speed Inc, And Yank for the group purchase!
Old 01-31-2010, 08:47 PM
Launching!

Wink

My Yank 4000 is on its way thanks to Fraser,Speed crew,Yank converters.
CHEERS
Old 02-01-2010, 01:25 PM
Staging Lane

you just never know what will happen unless you ask (I was the one who first metioned this group sale). got my ss4000 waiting to be installed. Thanks to Yank and Speed Inc. For those who missed this GP, looks like Yank is having a tax season sale........
Old 02-01-2010, 02:52 PM
TECH Apprentice

got mine in and buttoned up. just waiting for my freashly tune pcm to arrive anyday now.
Old 02-01-2010, 03:00 PM
TECH Apprentice

this thread will live forever. so what did you guys do with you stock converters? Boat anchor maybe??