Automatic Transmission 2-Speed thru 10-Speed GM Autos | Converters | Shift Kits
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

anyone used these? 4l80 mvd w/tb?

Search this Thread

Old 01-29-2010, 01:42 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default anyone used these? 4l80 mvd w/tb?

looking into one of these or one built like it from a sponsor.....not sure if these guys are or not. if not please dont give me hell its just for ref. will need the crossmember ,driveshaft shortened, and converter too. using income tax and a few checks.

Equipped with a Pro Tree transbrake, the new GM 4L80E manual shifting transmission
from TCI® combines daily driver street reliability with all-out racing features
With any performance drivetrain system that employs the use of a transbrake, consistency is the
key to success. Developed using the latest in drivetrain technology, the new GM 4L80E Full
Manual Transbrake Transmission from TCI® is able to keep the vehicle safely staged while still
allowing the engine to rev, providing the hardest launch possible. This full manual, reverse shift
pattern transmission system is capable of handling up to 850 horsepower street/race applications,
far more than previously possible with lighter weight transmissions and transbrakes.
With its high performance pressure regulator system, the transmission receives increased line
pressure that’s much more consistent than the factory 4L80E model. The heavy-duty direct
clutch pack components utilized by these TCI® Transbrake Transmissions not only provide
quicker release times, but they also improve overall drivetrain efficiency and durability.
Installation is easy, as the Pro Tree transbrake is completely hidden inside the case, and because
this transmission is a full manual set-up absolutely no electronics, computers or transmission
control units are required. This also enables use of the factory transmission pan to allow
increased ground clearance for street cars. This transmission also utilizes a fourth gear torque
converter lockup that increases long-term reliability, while its unique HDT (Heat Dissipating
Technology™) Coating™ allows for much cooler operating temperatures in the drivetrain.
For extra insurance, every transmission is triple tested (including fully dyno tested) with the
results of the tests included with each TCI® transmission. To learn more about the TCI® GM
4L80E Transbrake Transmissions,
Old 01-30-2010, 10:43 AM
TECH Apprentice

anyone use one built like it?
Old 01-31-2010, 01:00 AM
Launching!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I've used a couple of these now and have had good results with them. They shift quick, but not too firm. The transbrake works great! I also installed one in my newest project...my LQ4 Turbo Buick.
Old 01-31-2010, 10:00 AM
TECH Apprentice

thanks. anyone else? i am looking into one with flt also
Old 01-31-2010, 10:26 PM
11 Second Club

I have a rossler setup, works great. It's not a manual setup, so my pcm still controlls the shifts.