Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

700R4 A/T ... 1-2 shift at 22mph, no shift prior

Search this Thread

Old 02-17-2010, 11:26 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 700R4 A/T ... 1-2 shift at 22mph, no shift prior

well I bought a performance Tranny, suitable of being able to handle 500+ HP... Torque Converter crapped out and I ended up replacing just the torque converter even though I was advised to rebuild tranny as well... a few months after that, my tranny would not hit its first shift till 22mph, normally it would shift at 12mph, then again 22mph... also I noticed that when I was going at around 70 mph, I would be somewhere between 3500-4000 K RPM.... which led me to believe the tranny was not engaging in overdrive... all this happens while I am in OverDrive, what could cause this? Am I looking at a rebuild? Could I possibly need the valve body checked for debris? BTW I did adjust the TV Cable, I pulled into a gas station and adjusted it... the only thing I can think of is replacing the cable with an OEM GM cable, as the one I have I got at Autozone, since it was the only autoparts store that had it locally...
Old 02-18-2010, 07:03 AM
Launching!

If the cable adjustment does not change the shift points then either the tv plunger in v/b is stuck or the govorner is stuck.
Old 02-20-2010, 09:52 PM
Teching In

thank you... I already have the OE GM cable... gonna install in a few months... and see where that leads me to... I also from reading suspect the governor as well...