Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

GTO M6 to A4 swap (have both gtos), Experts needed

Search this Thread

Old 03-30-2010, 06:34 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default GTO M6 to A4 swap (have both gtos), Experts needed

One is an '05 with the A4 the other is an '06 with the M6. I'm the one getting the A4 the other is getting my M6. Here's the questions we're needing.

PCM tuning question for a trans swap ('05-'06)
My car is an A4...I am getting ready to convert it to an M6. I am taking two cars, mine and another car....that is a factory M6 car, and I am going to swap ALL the parts unique to each car....associated to the transmission type.

Here is my question:

Do I have to swap PCMs also? Or can they be tuned respectively for their new applications?

My car (the A4) also already has an aftermarket TCM from Lingenfelter. Do the TCMs also have the VINs "programmed" into them? If so, am I going to have to have that re-programmed as well when I install it into the other car?

I also understand I'm going to have to deal with re-programming the DICs....which are also VIN-matched, as I understand it.

Would it just be simpler to swap every computer component from each car...PCM, BCM, TCM, DIC, etc???

Both cars will still need to be re-tuned, since they both do not have stock injectors....and one has bigger injectors than the other. Nothing is simple I guess.
Old 03-30-2010, 10:39 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I talked to my tuner yesterday about a simular question.

the programming can be changed at the pcm.
the A4 can be programmed to be a M6 and the M6 can be programmed to be an A4.
this is on a 2000 Fbody but i would think the gto would be no different.