Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

What flexplate for my 4l60e

Search this Thread

Old 04-11-2010, 07:43 PM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Question What flexplate for my 4l60e

So had put a built motor in my car a while back and it dynoed 460 at the wheels at g-force. they said i dynoed very low for my setup. Well i call the manufacturer of my heads and installed the suggested plugs. Yeah BIG difference in driveability and power. also correctly sealed my valey cover around the sensors in the middle. Car ran so much better i decided to take it out for a lil fun. got on the freeway and hit it around 65-70. The car down shifted and about 2 seconds into the gear i heard a loud pop and then crazy grinding. Towed it home and saw that i broke the torque converter bolts. Probably should have run arp bolts... When i looked at it i noticed my tci flexplate was toast. I was just happy the motor, converter, and transmission were not destroyed. And now to the point of the thread. What flexplate should i run? A friend of mine said he read about one that was cheap and just as good as the tci flexplate. If anyone has heard of it please turn me on to where i can get it. Thanks!
Old 04-11-2010, 07:58 PM
10 Second Club

Hughes flexplate http://www.summitracing.com/parts/HUP-HP4004/
Old 04-11-2010, 08:11 PM
10 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

So far, I like the CAT flexplate in my car.
Old 04-11-2010, 09:04 PM
9 Second Club

I run the $200.00 tci flex plate the sfi one. Surely thats not the one you broke. Im launching on a 250 off and trans brake and never had a problem with mine. The bolts breaking my have shoved the stall into your flexplate.
I would get arp bolts and some use a little loc tite.
Old 04-12-2010, 05:01 AM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by dnkynrbk
I run the $200.00 tci flex plate the sfi one. Surely thats not the one you broke. Im launching on a 250 off and trans brake and never had a problem with mine. The bolts breaking my have shoved the stall into your flexplate.
I would get arp bolts and some use a little loc tite.
yes unfortunately that is the one i broke... bolt head got shoved between the block and plate. tore it up nasty.