Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

revmax converters

Search this Thread

Old 01-07-2011, 02:30 PM
TECH Addict

Received 108 Likes on 91 Posts

its a hot debate item right now.

Last edited by JoshuaGrooms83; 02-02-2011 at 03:15 PM.
Old 01-07-2011, 04:35 PM
TECH Addict

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by 01ssreda4
Holy **** we need 2 Revmax threads at the top of the auto-trans section?
This is actually a really good idea. Maybe the mods can split this into two threads - one for people to talk smack, and one for people to share their own experiences with RevMax converters.
Old 01-07-2011, 04:44 PM
Restricted User

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by FastKat
This is actually a really good idea. Maybe the mods can split this into two threads - one for people to talk smack, and one for people to share their own experiences with RevMax converters.

He is saying there is already two at the top
Old 01-07-2011, 04:48 PM
TECH Addict

I think thats a great point.
One should be like you said where everyones on yanks or vig's and how you should never ever buy anything other then name brand expensive items
and then the other one should be actual acounts of people using them with massive success or disasterous failure and should be STRICTLY enforced by the MODs to keep it that way.

Now i for one still am running stock still so im completely unbiased and ignorant at the same time. I havnt had ANY of the stated converters above in my car NOR have i ever driven one so let the games begin
Old 01-07-2011, 04:52 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by z99ls1

He is saying there is already two at the top
I think he want the mods to step in and define which one is which. WHich one is the opinion thread and which one is the ACTUAL experiences with them. and actually theres probably more then 2 threads about revmax lol
Old 01-08-2011, 09:37 AM
TECH Regular

Everyone knows (or should) that TCI entry levels are crap converters. That DOES NOT mean they can't cut decent 60 ft times. That does not mean every one is going to break. You do hear of TCI success stories. The differences in performance of a functioning TCI Cavalier converter and a Yank may be minimal. The differences will be in quality, longevity, small company customer service and expert know how for that particular application. The point I have argued from the beginning is in the manufacturing process. The billet converters are just plain a better product, no matter who makes it. And for anyone who thinks thats too expensive, maybe you shouldn't be modding a car. Maybe you should play with hot wheels. i heard they are .99 at Wal-Mart.
Hey dipshit, my first converter was NOT a Yank. Did it do what I wanted, yes. Does that means it was worth the money I paid for it? Yeah prolly so. Was it anything more then a glorified Cavalier converter....NOPE, thats all it was and would ever be. And as far as riding Yanks dick.....slap yourself. I could name a bunch of better converter companies who build way better products with much more expertise then your shitty Revmaxs.
So if the best quality products are the way to go then why do you not tell everyone this? And why do you keep on going cheapo yourself then bashing everyone else who has done the same as you??

I did a similar exhaust on an LT1 car. It was a set of ebay LTs/ORY at a cost of about $350, one Summit mandrel bend, one short length of 3 inch pipe and one flowsound single chamber muffler. Dumped it before the rear end, and total price was around $450.

some people get caught up in wanting the biggest/best product. It can turn into such a waste if you aren't careful. You know the old saying....."A fool and his money......
Found these posts of your on a Ebay Header thread I was checking out and couldnt believe what I was reading and that you were even posting in a Ebay Header thread since you only use the best quality part out there.. You not only used a Cheap converter but also a cheap set of Ebay headers in the past as well.. You are a piece of work.. People are doing the same thing that you did and you talk **** on us? I dont get it..

https://ls1tech.com/forums/generatio...k-results.html

Last edited by 1998silverbird; 01-08-2011 at 09:54 AM.
Old 01-08-2011, 12:38 PM
TECH Addict

lol spending money is a delicate balancing act when you actual dont have sponsors paying for your parts or a shop you work in that can get it for you at THEIR cost not retail. I view it, as long as safety is not the compromise and/or costly expences for repairs, im all for a cheaper alternative to the more expensive stuff. Like Headers.
Old 01-08-2011, 12:52 PM
Restricted User

If you look at his engine rebuild thread it looks as if the low budget converter he had in there made his motor blow twice. I think he might just be trying to help you guys out. People have always said on this site not to go cheap on a converter. There are alot of things to go cheap on, but don't go cheap on a converter. Im just saying what people have told me. I went with a Circle D because I have heard NOTHING but good things and I know he has the machines to get the converters perfect. I personally wouldn't go cheap on an internal on my car. But a bolt-on such as headers. I might find a good set for a cheaper price.
Old 01-08-2011, 08:27 PM
TECH Regular

If you look at his engine rebuild thread it looks as if the low budget converter he had in there made his motor blow twice. I think he might just be trying to help you guys out. People have always said on this site not to go cheap on a converter. There are alot of things to go cheap on, but don't go cheap on a converter. Im just saying what people have told me. I went with a Circle D because I have heard NOTHING but good things and I know he has the machines to get the converters perfect. I personally wouldn't go cheap on an internal on my car. But a bolt-on such as headers. I might find a good set for a cheaper price.
I understand what you are saying completely.. What you did with Circle D I did with Revmaxx. I searched many threads on all different message boards for weeks before I decided to get the Converter. I couldnt really find anything bad about Revmaxx. All the Truck guys had good things to say about them, The mustang boards I am on they have good things to say about them and even on here with the people that have the converter they have nothing but good things to say about them..
Old 01-08-2011, 09:00 PM
TECH Fanatic

all in all, i have yet to heard something bad happening with there revmax....
Old 01-08-2011, 09:26 PM
TECH Addict

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

It seems to me (from internet observation) that a torque converter isn't always the first thing to get upgraded. People like intakes, heads, cams, and other mods that give them HP and traction. What about the transmission? I think a common attitude is: "My HP-producing and traction enhancing mods will probably shorten the life of my auto trans. When I finally kill it, I'll buy a new 'built' one." You know what that means? Apparently the stock torque converter was good enough to have some fun with until the transmission finally let go... if it ever let go.

People trashing the RevMax converters treat it like some piece of Chinese junk (as I trash China) and make it sound like their quality is way below the stock converters.

So, how do the RevMax converters stack up to the stock converters??? (The ones that seem to do fine when people want more HP and traction, but aren't ready to fork over the cash for a new trans and/or converter)

If you look at his engine rebuild thread it looks as if the low budget converter he had in there made his motor blow twice. I think he might just be trying to help you guys out. People have always said on this site not to go cheap on a converter. There are alot of things to go cheap on, but don't go cheap on a converter. Im just saying what people have told me.
BTW, how does a converter make an engine blow?
Old 01-08-2011, 11:40 PM
Restricted User

It seems to me (from internet observation) that a torque converter isn't always the first thing to get upgraded. People like intakes, heads, cams, and other mods that give them HP and traction. What about the transmission? I think a common attitude is: "My HP-producing and traction enhancing mods will probably shorten the life of my auto trans. When I finally kill it, I'll buy a new 'built' one." You know what that means? Apparently the stock torque converter was good enough to have some fun with until the transmission finally let go... if it ever let go.

People trashing the RevMax converters treat it like some piece of Chinese junk (as I trash China) and make it sound like their quality is way below the stock converters.

So, how do the RevMax converters stack up to the stock converters??? (The ones that seem to do fine when people want more HP and traction, but aren't ready to fork over the cash for a new trans and/or converter)

BTW, how does a converter make an engine blow?
I asked that by someone who knows alot about converters on here(wont say the name) said it is either because the converter is not machined corectly or the converter is ballooning and somehow pusshes on the chank or pulls on it and
eventually wears the crank.
Old 02-02-2011, 02:45 PM
TECH Resident

^Im really thinking about getting one of these for my mild car. How much did all that run you? Whats the diameter on that one?

Edit - Check out that RC cola!
Old 02-02-2011, 03:18 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by moderate Z28
^Im really thinking about getting one of these for my mild car. How much did all that run you? Whats the diameter on that one?

Edit - Check out that RC cola!
lol the RC cola adds like 900HP!!! lol stands for REALLY CWICK!!
its a 245mm converter.

Last edited by JoshuaGrooms83; 02-02-2011 at 03:36 PM.
Old 02-02-2011, 03:26 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 81 Likes on 72 Posts

It absolutely is NOT a 300mm converter. Read the fine print under the stage 5 converter. 245mm. 300 is like stock size or close to it. Thats a 9.5 inch.
Old 02-02-2011, 03:29 PM
TECH Senior Member

Unit Description:
Extreme Street/Strip 9.5″ 245MM Torque Converter
Customized Stall Speed, available from 2500-5000
Performance Rated up to 850HP *Lockup Units*
Custom Built To Your Vehicles Excat Specifications
Anti Balloon Plates
Mechanical Diode Sprage Assembly Upgrade Available
Steel Stator Assembly Upgrade Available
4130 Chrome Moly Flanged Impeller Hub
SOLID ONE PIECE CNC BILLET FRONT COVER ASSEMBLY
Custom Billet Dampner Piston Assembly
Extra Wide High Performance Lockup Clutch Friction
Available with Triple Disc Lockup Clutch
4340 Hardened Turbine Hub and Splines
Completely Tig Welded Reinforced Impeller
Tig Welded Reinforced Turbine
Torrington High Performance Stator Bearings
Torrington High Performance Turbine Bearings
High Performance Max STR Torque Stator Sprag Assembly
Computerized Robotic Sealing Welds
TCRS Computerized High Speed Balancing to less than 5 grams
Nearly 12lbs light than a factory 12″ Converter
Runout Tolerances of less than .005
Old 02-02-2011, 03:36 PM
TECH Addict

It absolutely is NOT a 300mm converter. Read the fine print under the stage 5 converter. 245mm. 300 is like stock size or close to it. Thats a 9.5 inch.
WHOOPS!! my bad, read the wrong one. sorry. yeah its the 245mm one.
Old 02-02-2011, 03:41 PM
TECH Senior Member

On the original page it is listed as a 300mm and I was like eh what?
Old 02-02-2011, 03:44 PM
TECH Addict

yeah that confused me too lol

Quick Reply: revmax converters