Automatic Transmission 2-Speed thru 10-Speed GM Autos | Converters | Shift Kits
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

HELP!! dumping trans fluid

Search this Thread

Old 06-19-2010, 04:09 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default HELP!! dumping trans fluid

recently i had my trans rebuilt with the ss mega monster kit and threw in a vigilante stall at the same time...i was getting on a highway and it just dumped all the fluid in less than 2 minutes. long story short i put it up on a lift put some fluid in and kicked it over to see where it was coming from. to my surprise its actually coming out of the hole in bell housing and fast. the only thing i can think of is a tc fluid seal...any ideas?
Old 06-19-2010, 09:24 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 19 Likes on 13 Posts

Perhaps you didn't seat the converter all the way.
Old 06-20-2010, 01:57 PM

well im gonna pull it tomorrow and start the wheres waldo of trans leaks. i beleive the converter was seated right because i did put a decent amount of miles on it. something that will be checked either way though. ill post up pics and keep you updated.
Old 06-20-2010, 02:23 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by Ruck
well im gonna pull it tomorrow and start the wheres waldo of trans leaks. i beleive the converter was seated right because i did put a decent amount of miles on it. something that will be checked either way though. ill post up pics and keep you updated.
lol....I think he meant if you installed it right, turned it and heard the three clicks.
Old 06-20-2010, 07:13 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 19 Likes on 13 Posts

I thought I had mine seated properly for sure. I decided to check it one last time and really pushed on it hard and it clicked hard. Good thing i checked...
Old 06-21-2010, 12:03 PM

hmm well hopefully i did the same thing. i was really tired when i put it in so maybe i didnt have enough man strength for it. still seems weird that i was able to put 2k miles on it without a noticeable issue...
Old 06-21-2010, 08:28 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 230 Likes on 162 Posts

if there was a small gap bet the conv. and flywheel when you installed it, and pulled it forward to bolt it up, it was prob seated ok
conv bushing or seal failure prob.
Old 06-21-2010, 10:36 PM

i just pulled it. its a seal failure. but im more worried about the cause. isnt there a pressure relief on the pump? because the seal had blown all the way forward (no tears or signs of stress even) and i have yet to locate any form of relief. is ALL that **** supposed to hit on that one seal?