Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

th350 problems now :(

Search this Thread

Old 08-24-2010, 07:31 PM
10 Second Club

Received 26 Likes on 17 Posts

Default th350 problems now :(

So i've had this rmvb th350 sitting here for a month and a half now with a new converter and I finally got a day off of work to do the swap in my driveway, yay! So 3.5 hours later I've got the old th350/converter out and the new one up and bolted in. I got a GREAT Madman dipstick so now I can easily fill the tranny. I put 1.5 quarts into the converter (8-inch) before attaching it to the tranny, and topped off the tranny with 5 more quarts. I have the shifter linkage perfect, you can easily feel each detent. I start the car on the 4 jackstands just to see if indeed it works, and I can tell that something is wrong with reverse. You don't feel the rpm drop at all when reverse is engaged. With the shifter in "R" with the car up in the air, the tires will barely move. You have to rev it a little to give them some momentum. Totally opposite in the forward gears. It engages first and rocks the whole car "WHAM". I shut the car off, disengage the shifter linkage and reach down and click the lever by the pan into reverse. I start the car and it's the same thing, reverse barely moves. Check the fluid after going through each gear and it's fine. Put the shifter into "R" and reattach the linkage and it's dead-on.

What would cause reverse to be so weak? The thing is brand new?
Old 08-25-2010, 07:39 AM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Received 57 Likes on 36 Posts

does it have a transbrake?

Greg
info@ftiperformance.com
FTIPerformance.com
FTI Converter build sheet

Old 08-25-2010, 06:03 PM
10 Second Club

Received 26 Likes on 17 Posts

LOL, yep. I feel like such an ***. I had no idea it needed the brake button applied in order for it to go into reverse. I called my builder and he told me to do that. I'm about to head out and wire it up right now.

Quick Reply: th350 problems now :(