Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Please help car revs up doesn't move then lower the rpm does move

Search this Thread

Old 10-02-2010, 01:28 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Default Please help car revs up doesn't move then lower the rpm does move

I was driving my 98 ls1 z/28 tonight, and out of the blue when leaving a stop light it would rev up and not go anywhere for a while then as i lowered the rpm and played with the gas pedal it would move and would stay moving, and also if i cracked the throttle in drive from a roll it would just rev up and not really go anywhere and would move along just not that fast as it should. Any ideas please?
Old 10-02-2010, 01:59 AM
10 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

How many miles are on the tranny? Is this in all the gears? Pull the dipstick and see if the transfluid is burned.
Old 10-02-2010, 09:02 AM
FLT
FormerVendor

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

If this is in 1st gear only I would suspect the forward clutch or input sprag is failing. Does it do this when you manual shift, od range, D3...... need some more info. However I think you are starting to have a transmission failure. Feel free to give us a call to see what we can do for you. Vince

www.finishlinetrans.com 1-630-350-7776
Old 10-03-2010, 02:49 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Vince @ FLT
If this is in 1st gear only I would suspect the forward clutch or input sprag is failing. Does it do this when you manual shift, od range, D3...... need some more info. However I think you are starting to have a transmission failure. Feel free to give us a call to see what we can do for you. Vince

www.finishlinetrans.com 1-630-350-7776
Tried calling saturday morning no answer. I will probably be getting a hold of you soon to be what can be done with it.