Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Cut away pan ID!?!?!?

Search this Thread

Old 12-29-2010, 01:33 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Cut away pan ID!?!?!?

Im in need of some assistance and Im hoping you guyz might be able to help.
I have some CLOSE tolerance between my FRONT drive shaft and my 4L60E trans pan. About 1/2- 3/8 of an inch close.
I had seen in my research a pan that has a radius edge that runs down the length of the pass. side of the trans pan.

I was wondering if ANYONE knows what its from, where I can get one etc.
Though I feel that the pan to shaft dimension will be OKAY it still makes me a bit nervous.

This is for a rock crawler FJ40 landcruiser that Im building. The trans is an 01 out of a chevy avalanch and the motor is an 01 5.3

Here is a pic of the pan that I am looking for.
Any details, PLEASE!!!!

Thanks in advance!

Keith
Attached Thumbnails Cut away pan ID!?!?!?-clearancedpan.jpg  
Old 12-29-2010, 07:42 PM
TECH Enthusiast

https://www.wittrans.com/SchematicPa...E&LinkCode=765
look at the last selection i think they came on the trailblazers but its on the passenger side though
Old 12-29-2010, 08:03 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by Predator T/A
https://www.wittrans.com/SchematicPa...E&LinkCode=765
look at the last selection i think they came on the trailblazers but its on the passenger side though
RAD!!!!
That gives me a starting point.
Wouldnt happen to know if the 4L60E's are interchangeable from one year to another?
The earliest the colorado/ canyon model years came were in 04'
Provided it will FIT the 01' I might be in business.

Thanks so much for the info and link!

Keith
Old 12-29-2010, 08:06 PM
TECH Enthusiast

the filters are different ohter than that its still the same on 4l60e anything past 05 will be a 70e with a input speed sensor
Old 12-29-2010, 08:08 PM
TECH Enthusiast

call will at WIT 407-522-4417 tell him robert sent you and you can get that price thats my cost on it because i have an account.
Old 12-29-2010, 08:15 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by Predator T/A
call will at WIT 407-522-4417 tell him robert sent you and you can get that price thats my cost on it because i have an account.
Robert...
Thanks SOOOO MUCH! I really appreciate it. For both the info and the hook up!
Old 12-29-2010, 09:21 PM

The H3 has the same pan as well. You will need a different filter, 1-2 accumulator housing and a valve body or a modified one. I have some pic's some where of this setup. The ones I have are from an 09 h3 but and the valve body is different in these years. If you call wit I'm sure they can get you hooked up with what you need. Vince
Old 12-30-2010, 10:15 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by Vince B
The H3 has the same pan as well. You will need a different filter, 1-2 accumulator housing and a valve body or a modified one. I have some pic's some where of this setup. The ones I have are from an 09 h3 but and the valve body is different in these years. If you call wit I'm sure they can get you hooked up with what you need. Vince

Okay...this just went WAAAAAY over my head.
If you wouldnt mind DUMBING what you just said DOWN a bit. Im about one step up from a chimp.
Is this relatively straight forward to do?
The extent of any transmission work that I have done has been changing the fluid and the filter on my A440 toyota transmission. I had this one re built when I got it, so I know next to NOTHING about what happens in these transmission.
They freak me out to be honest.

Thanks for the heads up!

Keith
Old 01-02-2011, 08:06 AM

Sorry for the late reply. The issue that you are going to have with trying to use the pan you posted in your original post is that it will not fit. This is because the components I listed have been relocated inside the pan area. Here are some pictures that I took while doing one.

Pan photo.

Filter relocated

Valve body view.

1-2 accumulator view. Because of this housing being pushed over in the pan area the valve body was modified to clearance it.
Old 01-02-2011, 09:57 AM
Teching In

Sorry for the late reply. The issue that you are going to have with trying to use the pan you posted in your original post is that it will not fit. This is because the components I listed have been relocated inside the pan area. Here are some pictures that I took while doing one.

Pan photo.

Filter relocated

Valve body view.

1-2 accumulator view. Because of this housing being pushed over in the pan area the valve body was modified to clearance it.

Thanks for the pics.
Now for someone who know basically NOTHING about working on transmissions...Is this something i would wanna stay away from doing?
Seems that I would need to different valve body, filter and of course the pan. Is the VB as simple as un bolting ONE with the OTHER?
Any modifications needed to the ECU once this happens?
Is the valve body pretty expensive? Seems like it would be?

Thanks for the input.
Old 01-02-2011, 11:08 AM

You would have to be able to remove the valve body and change all the parts over. Probably more than most guys are willing to do but if you had to install a shift kit then this would be basically the same as far as the removal and reassembly. An ATSG book would a good thing to have if you were going to attempt this.

The parts will be a few hundred at least if I had to guess and would have to come from a dealer unless a hard parts guy like WIT had them. If I were to do this then I would look at the earlier 4x4 Colorado units to get the parts to do what you are looking to do. You will definitely need the 1-2 accumulator housing, the spacer plate to relocate the 1-2 housing, I believe a separator plate, valve body and some bolts that have changed. I think if one were to get creative with the valve body it could be cut/modified to work and save a few bucks. If this is something that you would not feel comfortable doing then a qualified trans shop should be able to do it. Vince
Old 01-02-2011, 08:42 PM
Teching In

You would have to be able to remove the valve body and change all the parts over. Probably more than most guys are willing to do but if you had to install a shift kit then this would be basically the same as far as the removal and reassembly. An ATSG book would a good thing to have if you were going to attempt this.

The parts will be a few hundred at least if I had to guess and would have to come from a dealer unless a hard parts guy like WIT had them. If I were to do this then I would look at the earlier 4x4 Colorado units to get the parts to do what you are looking to do. You will definitely need the 1-2 accumulator housing, the spacer plate to relocate the 1-2 housing, I believe a separator plate, valve body and some bolts that have changed. I think if one were to get creative with the valve body it could be cut/modified to work and save a few bucks. If this is something that you would not feel comfortable doing then a qualified trans shop should be able to do it. Vince

Yeah...Im gonna have to puss out on that. As ideal as that pan would be from a clearance stand point, I just dont have the KEHONES to attempt that with this freshly rebuilt trans.
Thanks a TON for the info though. I appreciate your time on it.

Keith