Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

4L60e Shifter question? [road course]

Search this Thread

Old 09-30-2011, 08:25 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 4L60e Shifter question? [road course]

Does any one make a decent shift kit for the 4l60e thats ideal for bangin up and down gears. I planned on doing some road course and some drag racing from time to time. The car will have 550 to 600hp it is street driven. and what build up should i do for the tranny? Iv'e considered the 4L65 upgrade to my 4L60 or should I try to get a 4L80. I really wanted a T56 but just dont want to deal with all the head ache of swapping everything and all the wiring issues. Thanks in advance for any advice!
Old 09-30-2011, 08:50 AM
FormerVendor

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

An 80e would be your best bet. It can take that sort of punishment with mild upgrades. A 60e would need input and output shafts, 5 pin planets and a beefed up input drum. But thats no biggie, we build those often.

The thing you'll run into on a road course with an automatic is heat. An automatic will generate gobs and gobs of heat over sevral laps. You'll need a killer tranny cooling system in order to keep from overheating the tranny. Mainly because you are never going into lock-up and it pretty much stays on the stator.

Give me a shout if i can help out!

g
Old 09-30-2011, 10:43 AM

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

I think that if you got the shift tables set up right
you would not find a need to hand-shift it. You just
need it to fit your foot. That takes some time but it's
well worth the effort.
Old 10-04-2011, 02:50 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Gilbert@Ace Racing
An 80e would be your best bet. It can take that sort of punishment with mild upgrades. A 60e would need input and output shafts, 5 pin planets and a beefed up input drum. But thats no biggie, we build those often.

The thing you'll run into on a road course with an automatic is heat. An automatic will generate gobs and gobs of heat over sevral laps. You'll need a killer tranny cooling system in order to keep from overheating the tranny. Mainly because you are never going into lock-up and it pretty much stays on the stator.

Give me a shout if i can help out!

g
Thanks!

Quick Reply: 4L60e Shifter question? [road course]