Automatic Transmission 2-Speed thru 10-Speed GM Autos | Converters | Shift Kits
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

If you're in or around D/FW Oct 28th you'll want to be at Texas Raceway!

Search this Thread

Old 10-19-2011, 10:27 AM
FormerVendor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default If you're in or around D/FW Oct 28th you'll want to be at Texas Raceway!

October 28 will be the last Automatic Pro Mod race held at Texas Raceway in 2011.

My client Clint Satterfield from Albuquerque, New Mexico will be coming in with his 2010 Tim McCamis built 1968 Camaro which sports a Sunset Racecraft 782 cubic inch beast with 4 rather large Speedtech nitrous systems. Clint has finally sorted out some bugs with the carbs and other related new car blues which culminated in a 7.23 @ 203 mph (on 3 systems mind you) in the 2nd round of eliminations at the Real Outlaw Door Slammers race held last weekend at Albuquerque Raceway.

We had originally planned on entering the car in the Pro Nitrous class at the ADRL World Finals to be held this coming weekend at the Texas Motorplex in Ennis, but with all the time it has taken to sort out the changes on the new car it just isn't smart to take it out and play with the big boys just yet on a National level.

I spoke to Clint this morning and we discussed the chassis tune up along with other setups that are currently in the car. I haven't had a chance to get my hands on it yet as he just picked it up last month... but I'll have my opportunity with a track rental and then moving right into racing come the 28th.

This combination has always competed in air that was some 8,500' in elevation as compared to our less than 2,000' air here in Dallas. It is highly possible that we'll be the first team to run in the 3.xx's in the North Texas Automatic Pro Mod class. At least that's our goal and we have enough hot rod to do it with.

If you are able to come out to see this race, you're going to see a good one. Stop by the pit and say hey!

Here is a link to some pics from last weekend.... try to ignore the rather large watermarks....

http://www.wjrphotography.com/Albuqu...587323_nJwnbvR

http://www.wjrphotography.com/Albuqu...590207_JvbJFwF

g
Old 10-28-2011, 10:37 AM
FormerVendor

Just got off the phone with Clint. They are on their way down from Albuquerque. It's on boys!

If you can make it out to Kennedale tonight you're going to see on kick *** race, and possibly some carnage too. The motors will be very, very happy since the cold front came through. We're liable to see a D/A in the 800' - 1,500' range! Compare that to the mid 2,000' numbers they saw at ADRL last weekend.

I'll be out there around 4:00 sometime, gates open at 6:00. Stop by the pit and say hey if you get the chance to come out.

g
Old 10-28-2011, 11:39 AM
FormerVendor

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts

Sounds like it's going to be a lot of fun.....the weather is almost to good.

Chris
Old 10-28-2011, 01:20 PM
FormerVendor

Originally Posted by Circle-D
Sounds like it's going to be a lot of fun.....the weather is almost to good.

Chris
Man you aren't kidding Chris... I just checked D/A online at Air Density Online and they are reporting 496.13 ft right now! I stand corrected! If that's true we'll see mineshaft air tonight.

g