Automatic Transmission 2-Speed thru 10-Speed GM Autos | Converters | Shift Kits
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Won't up shift at wot!!!

Search this Thread

Old 04-30-2017, 05:22 PM

Received 425 Likes on 324 Posts

Originally Posted by 98camaropower
OK I'll try line pressure.. awesome info.. I don't want to screw this up . I just filled my trans with fluid so on the dipstick how much past the hot liNE is 1/2 qt extra?
Hmmm, not sure, probably somewhere around 1/4".
However, why do you ask? If your fluid level is exactly on the hot line, why not just add exactly 1/2 quart?
Old 04-30-2017, 05:30 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Just wanted to make sure I didn't add too much to begin with.. OK I'm 1/2 qt over the hot line on the dipstick.. I'm going to get with my tuner an ask to lower my shift speed because so far all the advice I have gotten points toward's the 2-3 being a very delayed shift an even tho it's set at 5900rpm an 61 mph it needs to be lowered more maybe to 5600rpm so it could shift around 6100 with such a delay
Old 07-23-2017, 12:33 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Post wouldnt shift to 4th at wot bang off limiter

Originally Posted by Junkyarddog89
Ok so I got a problem. Almost stock '02 Camaro A4 with 40K. It wouldn't up shift at WOT, took it to the dealer, they put a new tranny in it (got a warrenty when I bought it for free)... I'm having the same problem still. It wont up shift into any gear weather I leave it in drive or over drive or shift manually it just bangs the rev limiter till I let off a little. I know I shoulda held out for a M6....... Any Ideas? Could this be fixed with an HP tune? Is it possible I got a bum tranny? also shifts funny into 3rd driving normally sometimes.
Well , just fixed this on mine. who ever tuned trans had rmps and speed set to high pulls like champ and shifts smooth

Quick Reply: Won't up shift at wot!!!