Automatic Transmission 2-Speed thru 10-Speed GM Autos | Converters | Shift Kits
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

4l60e home rebuild with hd-3 and mod 46

Search this Thread

Old 05-11-2012, 07:17 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks for the advice mrvedit. Amazingly i have no delay or flair on any shifts, and to my surprise at low throttle shifts are fast but very soft, but if shifted under heavy thottle it has a nice kick, i guess the vac modulator works far better then pcm control. the backshift feels awesome. I have today added two extra tran coolers in addition to the stock thru radiator job so heat shouldnt be an issue. I guess the first few hundre miles will show up any problems.
Old 05-23-2012, 09:52 PM

Hey guys. Quick question. I had the vac modulator running directly off the plenum shifts where great nice and soft but quick at low throttle and fast and hard at full throttle. I've since teed it into the brake booster line as per transgo instructions shifts are now hard all the time and can here a slight squealing noise when low is selected and stalled on the brakes with some throttle. I'm thinking the box is running full line pressure so gonna change it back ASAP. What would cause this apart from a vac leak in the booster lines somewhere? Only driven the car about 10 miles like this so hopefully haven't done any damage to the pump. Is the squealing noise possibly the pump working at max line pressure?
Old 05-28-2012, 03:05 AM

vac line had melted through. new thicker line installed routed through the engine bay with fuel lines. happy camping.

Quick Reply: 4l60e home rebuild with hd-3 and mod 46