Automatic Transmission 2-Speed thru 10-Speed GM Autos | Converters | Shift Kits
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Mad Dog Transmissions!

Search this Thread

Old 05-21-2012, 01:22 PM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I understand what you are saying... that's why I am here everyday to work hard and to help people. The only way I can come out of this is to go head on with people who doubt me, and work on it full blast. I turn people's heads in 24hrs.. but what I can tell you is.. I have been working very hard; and will continue to do so to help as many people can i can.

Thanks,

Originally Posted by BIG_MIKE2005
I noticed that too, lots of 1 post people who are popping up outta the wood work.

Whats gonna have to happen to clear him of the past is gonna be members on here getting quality transmissions & them not failing. Then once some good feedback starts to show up from actual forum members who arent sponsored by him (not pickin on charlie but thats different than a random board member), it'll change some peoples minds. Bad thing about a bad rep is its like getting rid of skunk smell. Once your sprayed no one wants to risk that much cash just b/c you say things have changed. Its gonna take proof as in new fresh customers reporting back good reviews like they do for other suppliers on this board.

Hard part about that is gonna be convincing people to spend their hard earned money with him on good faith hoping things have really changed. Those who do, if they receive a solid transmission will be the ones to help put him back on track & clear his name. Thats just how it works, especially in this industry.

Take me for instance, I'm lookin to swap to a auto this winter & will be considering all options for a built 4L60, top of my list right now are RPM/Performabuilt/FLT & Jakes. Prices vary between all these guys. Mad Dog has very appealing prices on his units, but without enough praise around here (or any 4th gen Ls car forums) about them I'm hesisitant to consider him as money for me is hard to come by & I want a tranny I dont have to worry about once its bolted in. I hate to be that way but given the past I simply cant afford to roll the dice so to speak & I'm sure many others are in the same boat. $2k is a good chunk of money to drop for most of us.
Old 05-22-2012, 01:10 PM
Banned

Actually I am trying very hard... and as a result: I am answering tons of questions on here/ PM's/ Emails from people from all over the world; asking me questions about there transmissions. I will continue to do so...

Originally Posted by Leeroyws6
sems like LOU cant shake this reputation.all he says is "ill try harder next time,i promise!" there's a reason why his builds are cheaper than the other guys who build quailty 60e's.
Old 05-22-2012, 07:24 PM

Received 424 Likes on 323 Posts

Lou, I know that not everyone has $3K (or even $5K+) to spend on a transmission and that one of your budget-priced ones is almost certainly better than something on craigslist. Therefore I support what you are doing, and have suggestions to give you a much better image. Therefore, please take this as POSITIVE feedback:

1. Gets your facts straight about the difference between 4L60E and 4L65E. (See JUNK's post #51 and my detailed post #62 in this thread.) They may not be important to your work, but details and accuracy are critical to your image.
2. It only costs $500 (or so) to hire an experienced videographer to make a 3 minute video for you. Don't have your "buddy" do it. It needs to be edited.
3. Buy a brand new shop coat or even a white labcoat.
4. Write a script and come close to memorizing it. Then shoot the video. If you make a mistake, backup a bit and shoot again. Your hired "pro" can edit it into something nice.
5. Last, delete the last video and any others that don't match your new image.

Image is everything. When your video has mistakes, you will be ridiculed.
Your videos are your marketing, they are your image. People assume that the
quality of your product is closely related to the quality of your marketing (or videos).
Make a quality video and and you will see positive results.
Hey, just my suggestions. And good luck.
Old 05-23-2012, 11:47 AM
10 Second Club

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I don't know if any of you have noticed either, but the ONLY trans of his that he is reporting back from customers that are liking them are in TOWING applications or STOCK vehicles and the one 890hp car he posted WAS HIS OWN!!! Wouldn't you make sure even if you fucked all the other transmission up you built that you'd at least get your own personal one correct? I would.

The guy from Vengeance is the only other one and he is a sponsor not an average guy like the rest of us.

I'd like to see some of his products behind some ODR cars, X275 cars, Outlaw 275 cars, hell even Ultimate Street or RS275 that are 5.40-5.70 classes. I don't think you ever will though.

Sad story.
Old 05-23-2012, 06:21 PM
10 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

after reading all these pages i know for a fact no alot of members like mad dogs trannys.i understand.we work hard for our money to give it away for something that is no good.we have to take into consideration that we are not perfect nor motor build tranyy builds etcs.every thing still has a 50/50 chance in breaking.example a motor with forged internals ,does that mewan its never gonna break ,i wish that was the case.ivd never bought a transmission from lou.what i can tell is that hes gives customer support,and it looks like lou does good builds for a bargain a good price.no everyone here has 5k to blow on a tranny .good prices lou,and im sure if the trannys break or dont come out good lou can stand by his builds and make up for it ..bump for mad dog transmissions.
Old 05-24-2012, 09:09 AM
Banned

I do stand by my work 100%.. Everyday I get calls and emails requesting information about my transmissions/ questions about there setup. Sometimes its a very simple fix where I walk the customer through the issue and fix it over the phone. Sometimes I take pictures and scan documents to them that address the situation so they can fix it. Sometimes people call me just to get advice about a transmission. This happens all day long.. I am happy to help anyone. If I didn't I wouldn't response to the hundreds of emails/ PM's/ Voice-mails/ thread responses daily.

Originally Posted by 1_MEANZ28
after reading all these pages i know for a fact no alot of members like mad dogs trannys.i understand.we work hard for our money to give it away for something that is no good.we have to take into consideration that we are not perfect nor motor build tranyy builds etcs.every thing still has a 50/50 chance in breaking.example a motor with forged internals ,does that mewan its never gonna break ,i wish that was the case.ivd never bought a transmission from lou.what i can tell is that hes gives customer support,and it looks like lou does good builds for a bargain a good price.no everyone here has 5k to blow on a tranny .good prices lou,and im sure if the trannys break or dont come out good lou can stand by his builds and make up for it ..bump for mad dog transmissions.
Old 05-24-2012, 01:35 PM
TECH Fanatic

lol....
Old 05-25-2012, 08:17 AM
Banned

Whats so funny?

Originally Posted by AutomagicLS1
lol....
Old 05-25-2012, 08:35 AM
Banned

Lou i wouldn't stress out too much.
you and i know,
The check book closes at the firewall.

not sure why that mentality is that why but its the truth for most folks on a budget.

Old 05-25-2012, 08:37 AM
Banned

I'm not quite sure I understand what you mean sir?

Originally Posted by mred
Lou i wouldn't stress out too much.
you and i know,
The check book closes at the firewall.

not sure why that mentality is that why but its the truth for most folks on a budget.

Old 05-25-2012, 08:41 AM
Banned

People will spend $10k on a motor, but will only wanna spend $500 on the transmission.
CHECK BOOK GETS CLOSED ONCE THEY REACH THE FIREWALL.
Old 05-25-2012, 08:47 AM
Banned

Now i understand what you meant. You are absolutely right!

People will spend $10k on a motor, but will only wanna spend $500 on the transmission.
CHECK BOOK GETS CLOSED ONCE THEY REACH THE FIREWALL.
Old 05-25-2012, 08:58 AM
Banned

I made the same mistake with a "good" friend....
Had my trusted transmission man open up the 600hp transmission to find he only installed 3-4 clutches for $750
Old 05-25-2012, 09:13 AM
Banned

I am sorry to hear that my man! If you need any help please let me know and I will help you!

I made the same mistake with a "good" friend....
Had my trusted transmission man open up the 600hp transmission to find he only installed 3-4 clutches for $750
Old 05-25-2012, 11:39 AM
WRT
Teching In

Originally Posted by maddoglou454
The 4L65 has to have a bolt hole on the top dead center at the bellhousing. If if it doesnt have 7 bolt holes on the bell housing; it is not a 4L65E. The 4l65 does have a bigger imput shaft and stater. It has its own converter which is larger than a 4L60. Like i said in my video; If it does have a bolt hole at 12 o'clock, its much easier to find it that way.

The early model 4L65 from 1998- 2004 only have 4 pinion planataries. Late 2005 and up, came with 5 pinion Planataries. But you can call it whatever you like.. Have a nice day.
That's kinda a bold statement to make on an item that is removable. All the ls versions that I have seen have had the top bolt hole. The 4.3L and the ones that went behind the first gen SBC did not have the top bolt hole. That's not to say you couldn't put an earlier bell on a 65, 70, or 75. I am also pretty sure that the input shafts are the same size from '98-'05, in 2006 they added a reluctor to the shaft. The 65 does have a different heat treating process that makes it more desirable. The 60 and 65 converters are interchangeable and fiscally the same size 300mm. The 65 came with 5 pinion planets from the factory starting in 2001.
Old 05-25-2012, 12:16 PM
Banned

What kind heat would the shafts see?
I was thinking of putting my shaft in the oven,more like broil.
Old 05-25-2012, 12:21 PM
WRT
Teching In

Propane torch will work, but the technical procedure is very complicated.
Old 05-25-2012, 12:24 PM
Banned

Well I have new shafts I'm good.
Bwahhaha.
Old 05-25-2012, 12:50 PM
Banned

We usually get it glowing hot with a torch, and then drop it in a oil to cool it off.

Last edited by maddoglou454; 05-25-2012 at 03:23 PM.
Old 05-25-2012, 03:10 PM
Launching!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5hfYJsQAhl0

Quick Reply: Mad Dog Transmissions!