Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Mad Dog Transmissions!

Search this Thread

Old 08-05-2012, 12:40 PM
TECH Addict

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by maddoglou454
I have always been told that the larger stalls will generally get you quicker 60 foots. i went with a 3200 for my texas speed 228r which was 228/228 .588 .588 114 lsa. I do not know of anyone whod want a 2500 stall in a performance applicaiton of anykind really.

my new cam is 232/240 .595 .608 115 lsa.

it will be a circle D 3600. the only reason I would not choose a 4000 or 4200 is strictly for driveability, other wise.....sure.

as far as your transmissions go.

what would your 4l80 for 1000rwhp consist of as far as parts to make it last?

what do you use on it to support than kind of power?
Old 08-05-2012, 05:06 PM
12 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
LS1Tech 10 Year

Originally Posted by BoxeDK
when was it? And what went wrong?

Posted from LS1Tech.com App for Android
Bought it back in November of 2011 installed in December of 2011 Drove it 10miles and the converter would not lock up, dropped the pan and the solenoid was not in the pump and random bolts were stuck to the magnet.

We wanted to send it back but Lou would not accept and wanted to send us parts to fix it instead so we said ok and he added an extra year of warranty.

We installed the parts and it seemed to be fine for a month. Then Gears started slipping and the shifting was weak. Contacted Lou and he had us firm up all the line pressures, made it better but still not right (not a newbie to shift kits and autos).

Then after about another month the car stopped moving and made grinding noises. Contacted him again asking him to take the tranny back then suddenly Lou disappears and I cant get ahold of him anymore.

So we RECENTLY removed the transmission and disassembled it ourselves. Discovered the forward planetaries were broken and the pump rotor shattered due to bearings from the planetaries.

We also discovered the parts that were supposed to be replaced were not. No beast sunshell, no upgraded pump, no real shift kit (no valve body modifications whatsoever), stock unmodified separator plate.

New Parts that WERE in it: Pinless accumulators, new clutches, z pak (burnt up with about 2000miles)

WE repaired it ourselves with help from Pro Built Automatics and put 1500miles on it this month with track passes and no issues.
Old 08-06-2012, 12:32 PM
Staging Lane

98Greenz28 >> Damn... That does not sound like the Lou I have been dealing with. Not saying you are lying at all.. I am just surprised in a bad way...

My level 2 700R4 with shift kit 2, has been rolling for over 1200 miles now, and I have been punished it alot... No problems so far.. and the oil is clean and smells like it should. So no problems so far. I can also feel a signific change in the new trans behavior in *****, compared to my old stock one.
The service has also been great from Lou and Chris..

So I wonder what happened since you got that lack of service..
Maybe Lou will pop into this thread and answer (?)
Old 08-08-2012, 09:55 AM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hello Sir,

You can check out our website ( www.maddogtransmissions.com) for a full detail of the parts in our transmissions. If you have any other questions you might have, please give me a call.

http://www.maddogtransmissions.com/4...lash-4l80e.htm

Originally Posted by I8UR4RD
I have always been told that the larger stalls will generally get you quicker 60 foots. i went with a 3200 for my texas speed 228r which was 228/228 .588 .588 114 lsa. I do not know of anyone whod want a 2500 stall in a performance applicaiton of anykind really.

my new cam is 232/240 .595 .608 115 lsa.

it will be a circle D 3600. the only reason I would not choose a 4000 or 4200 is strictly for driveability, other wise.....sure.

as far as your transmissions go.

what would your 4l80 for 1000rwhp consist of as far as parts to make it last?

what do you use on it to support than kind of power?
Old 08-08-2012, 10:01 AM
Banned

Hey Sir, We definitely put in the parts that are advertise. Some people just want to make us look bad. I am in the shop from 9am to 5pm monday through Friday, let me know what I can do for you.

Thanks.

Originally Posted by 98Greenz28
Bought it back in November of 2011 installed in December of 2011 Drove it 10miles and the converter would not lock up, dropped the pan and the solenoid was not in the pump and random bolts were stuck to the magnet.

We wanted to send it back but Lou would not accept and wanted to send us parts to fix it instead so we said ok and he added an extra year of warranty.

We installed the parts and it seemed to be fine for a month. Then Gears started slipping and the shifting was weak. Contacted Lou and he had us firm up all the line pressures, made it better but still not right (not a newbie to shift kits and autos).

Then after about another month the car stopped moving and made grinding noises. Contacted him again asking him to take the tranny back then suddenly Lou disappears and I cant get ahold of him anymore.

So we RECENTLY removed the transmission and disassembled it ourselves. Discovered the forward planetaries were broken and the pump rotor shattered due to bearings from the planetaries.

We also discovered the parts that were supposed to be replaced were not. No beast sunshell, no upgraded pump, no real shift kit (no valve body modifications whatsoever), stock unmodified separator plate.

New Parts that WERE in it: Pinless accumulators, new clutches, z pak (burnt up with about 2000miles)

WE repaired it ourselves with help from Pro Built Automatics and put 1500miles on it this month with track passes and no issues.
Old 08-09-2012, 02:32 AM
On The Tree

So if I ordered a tranny from you (4l60 level 3) and when I received it, just for peace of mind, I opened it up to check that all the advertised parts were in it and installed correctly, and if any of those parts were missing or installed wrong, would you guarantee me a full refund of my money plus $500 towards a tranny from someone else? A guarantee like this would definitely make me and probably alot of other guys on the fence do business with you. I agree that the 1 year unlimited mile warranty is great, but a guarantee like this would, in my opinion, say that you stand by your product 100%. And what do you really have to lose because you already know the right parts are in the tranny if you personally inspect them.
Old 08-09-2012, 08:30 AM
Banned

Hey Sir, I don't know you and you don't know me. What i can tell you is that if you come to my shop you are more than welcome to watch me build a transmission; to see that I am putting in all the parts that I advertise. I understand you concern; but this is the best I can do. Unfortunately there has been people that have ordered from me, get there transmission, open it up and "claim" that I didn't put the parts in it as advertise. I can build the transmission like I have been building all of them and someone can just say that I didn't put in the parts... when i did. I make sure I quality check all transmissions that are leaving to double/ triple check to make sure the quality is there...

I am not saying anything that could happen that is bad but it could happen.

You can also video tape me if you'd like...

Originally Posted by SickDenali
So if I ordered a tranny from you (4l60 level 3) and when I received it, just for peace of mind, I opened it up to check that all the advertised parts were in it and installed correctly, and if any of those parts were missing or installed wrong, would you guarantee me a full refund of my money plus $500 towards a tranny from someone else? A guarantee like this would definitely make me and probably alot of other guys on the fence do business with you. I agree that the 1 year unlimited mile warranty is great, but a guarantee like this would, in my opinion, say that you stand by your product 100%. And what do you really have to lose because you already know the right parts are in the tranny if you personally inspect them.
Old 08-09-2012, 11:22 AM
On The Tree

I live in Louisiana so driving to Georgia isn't really feasible. I'm just wondering, other than you saying so, what guarantee can you give me that my transmission that I order will be built exactly how it's said to be?
Old 08-09-2012, 12:35 PM
Banned

Other than the fact that we have been in business for 27 years; you don't stay in business that long without doing something right. Also, I have given you my word here in a public forum that I will make it right. Plus we have hundreds and hundreds of testimonials about our work.

I live in Louisiana so driving to Georgia isn't really feasible. I'm just wondering, other than you saying so, what guarantee can you give me that my transmission that I order will be built exactly how it's said to be?
Old 08-09-2012, 12:37 PM
TECH Addict

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Unless you're there to watch them put it together, you'll never know for sure unless you take it apart when it arrives. That goes for MadDog, FLT, Jake's, etc. You just have to trust them - that's it. Then, if things go bad, you do the autopsy and check their work and make sure you got what you paid for.

That's what's great about this board - you get to see real feedback from all of the shops, and decide who you're going to trust building your transmission.

Old 08-09-2012, 02:19 PM
On The Tree

Ok fair enough. So tell me this? If the tranny makes it past the 1 year warranty then goes bad. And when I go into it I find the wrong parts, would you fix it even though it's past the year?
Old 08-09-2012, 03:10 PM
Banned

I can tell you with 100% that we want you and anyone with our product, that we want a customers for life. I can't tell how many times I have had customers with my tranny's that have something go wrong way after warranty is out, and we work with them 100% of the time to get them back on the road.

For example I have a customer right now actually in my shop that ordered from me in 2008 and he called me saying " something happened with my transmission" Obviously he is way out of warranty, and I could of just said nothing and moved on. What I did was since I want customers for life is. I made a deal with him If he ships it back to me, I will charge him 300$ for a refresh and send it back to him. He is beyond excited!!!

Ok fair enough. So tell me this? If the tranny makes it past the 1 year warranty then goes bad. And when I go into it I find the wrong parts, would you fix it even though it's past the year?
Old 08-09-2012, 05:14 PM
On The Tree

How much do you save if you buy one of your transmissions with no converter?
Old 08-09-2012, 05:18 PM
On The Tree

And I'm confused on pricing. The first page says:

Level 3 700R4/4L60
Our Price: $1,195.00
Level 2 700R4/4L60
(FREE CONVERTER AND SHIPPING)
Installation and extended warranties available

So that's $1195 for a level 3 4l60e with converter + $150 for the core charge? So $1345 to my door?
Old 08-09-2012, 08:30 PM
On The Tree

I can tell you with 100% that we want you and anyone with our product, that we want a customers for life. I can't tell how many times I have had customers with my tranny's that have something go wrong way after warranty is out, and we work with them 100% of the time to get them back on the road.

For example I have a customer right now actually in my shop that ordered from me in 2008 and he called me saying " something happened with my transmission" Obviously he is way out of warranty, and I could of just said nothing and moved on. What I did was since I want customers for life is. I made a deal with him If he ships it back to me, I will charge him 300$ for a refresh and send it back to him. He is beyond excited!!!
He is talking about me I bought the transmission back in 08 and cause of finances I was just able to use it. and it went out on me. Call maddogg up and explain the problem and what happen and he did me a huge favor and said he would redo the tranny and give me a 1 year warranty with it and only charging me for the shipping, Now I dont think there is any other shop on here that would have done that. Sometimes people need second chances and he prove to me that he is standing behind his work. Trust me I am a real customer!!!!!!! Thanks Maddogg
Old 08-10-2012, 08:53 AM
Banned

Hello Sir,

4L60/ 700R4 are the same thing.

4L60E is electronic.

What type of vehicle you putting this in? What type of HP you running?

We do offer free shipping to any company of terminal in the USA, if it goes to Canada or Hawaii we will have to add more because of duties/ tax.

And I'm confused on pricing. The first page says:

Level 3 700R4/4L60
Our Price: $1,195.00
Level 2 700R4/4L60
(FREE CONVERTER AND SHIPPING)
Installation and extended warranties available

So that's $1195 for a level 3 4l60e with converter + $150 for the core charge? So $1345 to my door?
Old 08-10-2012, 10:12 AM
12 Second Club

LS1Tech 10 Year

Hey Sir, We definitely put in the parts that are advertise. Some people just want to make us look bad. I am in the shop from 9am to 5pm monday through Friday, let me know what I can do for you.

Thanks.
Ha Ha you definitely put those parts in? Do you personally build every transmission? I understand that people make mistakes but you need to take responsibility when something is wrong. Instead you were a coward and didn't even let me talk to you on the damn phone, I had to email you HA HA

I ordered a level 3 4l60e and the parts on your website were not in the transmission. I am guessing you sent me the wrong transmission all together

I never have had any problems with any other shops in a long time, I am guessing you have to be someone special for you to call them back, but I am up in NY so I guess avoidance was your sneaky way of getting out of helping me.

Whatever no skin off your back... Some people just want to make you look bad
Old 08-10-2012, 10:17 AM
12 Second Club

LS1Tech 10 Year

Originally Posted by FastKat
Unless you're there to watch them put it together, you'll never know for sure unless you take it apart when it arrives. That goes for MadDog, FLT, Jake's, etc. You just have to trust them - that's it. Then, if things go bad, you do the autopsy and check their work and make sure you got what you paid for.

That's what's great about this board - you get to see real feedback from all of the shops, and decide who you're going to trust building your transmission.
Yep we learned the hard way.

We recently bought an FLT for my car and decided to take it apart as well since we didn't want to get screwed twice, Everything was there and the car runs great.
Old 08-10-2012, 11:40 AM
Banned

I take full responsibility when something goes wrong 100%

I am sorry I have not given you a call. I am not making excuses. I am human and sorry for that. Please give me your personal number and i will call you right now.

Originally Posted by 98Greenz28
Ha Ha you definitely put those parts in? Do you personally build every transmission? I understand that people make mistakes but you need to take responsibility when something is wrong. Instead you were a coward and didn't even let me talk to you on the damn phone, I had to email you HA HA

I ordered a level 3 4l60e and the parts on your website were not in the transmission. I am guessing you sent me the wrong transmission all together

I never have had any problems with any other shops in a long time, I am guessing you have to be someone special for you to call them back, but I am up in NY so I guess avoidance was your sneaky way of getting out of helping me.

Whatever no skin off your back... Some people just want to make you look bad
Old 08-10-2012, 12:10 PM
On The Tree

Hello Sir,

4L60/ 700R4 are the same thing.

4L60E is electronic.

What type of vehicle you putting this in? What type of HP you running?

We do offer free shipping to any company of terminal in the USA, if it goes to Canada or Hawaii we will have to add more because of duties/ tax.
It's goin in a 2000 Camaro. I'm confused because on page 1 it has the price of the level 3 4l60e as $1195 and when I called I was told $1795. So which is it?

Quick Reply: Mad Dog Transmissions!