Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Vent tube leak?

Search this Thread

Old 05-11-2012, 12:06 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Vent tube leak?

So i was driving to a somewhat local car meet and i get on it and it has a 2-3 shift flare at WOT. Shifts perfect just driving it around normal. So we are heading home and i get on it and the 2-3 isnt as bad this time.

So im doing some highway pulls with a friend and he says my car is smoking but when we are doing pulls i didnt have the 2-3 flare at all. So i get home and just take a quick look under the car and its trans all down the passenger side of the trans(and y pipe), it was dark so it was hard to tell for sure but my guess would be that it was puking out the vent.

4l60e with fresh rebuild.
3200 stall midwest converter

Any ideas?

Thanks
Old 05-11-2012, 11:18 AM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Received 78 Likes on 56 Posts

puking out thevent can be a sign of over heating or over filling but can also happen just over HI RPM pulls. I suugest to most people a hose on the vent leading to a catch can places away from the exhaust or routing a hose over to frame rail though this still will leak on groud which is not disirable but point is trans fliud can be very flamable on hot exhaust.

Call 888-744-6542

Old 05-31-2012, 05:52 PM
On The Tree

it hasnt done it as much but still have the 2-3 shift flare. i made a new thread about that problem.
Old 06-06-2012, 04:23 PM
Teching In

vent tube leaks can also be attributed to restricted cooler flow, or a plugged cooler line and/or cooler. the 2-3 flare can be tuning related, or a lazy 3-4 clutch pack is always suspect considering that is a common failure on the 4L60e. any engine light?

Quick Reply: Vent tube leak?