Automatic Transmission 2-Speed thru 10-Speed GM Autos | Converters | Shift Kits
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Another one of those: Converter brand choice between CircleD, Yank, and FTI

Search this Thread

Old 12-05-2012, 02:05 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I hope this doesn't come off wrong... But after seeing stuff like this: https://ls1tech.com/forums/forced-in...friends-8.html

and thinking long and hard about it... I see nothing wrong with Josh did. Now this DOES NOT**** mean I think Circle D does this on a regular basis, or meant to do it AT ALL. However, what if 6 months from now 3-4 other people have found this out but their threads/etc get shut down for "bashing" a sponsor.

Without incidents like this being spread, it doesn't keep people in check.. They think they can get away with anything.
Is this an incident that might cost Circle D if spread? Absolutely. Is it ever going to happen again? I would guess once in a blue moon possibly and that the issued is already obviously resolved.

Something needs to happen with this whole no spreading of wrong doing/improper service by sponsors.

AGAIN!!! This is in NO MEANS directed towards honestly ANYTHING to do with this situation.. More of a "just sayin" kind of thing.

I was warned of being PERMA BANNED at one time because I brought up an incident involving a sponsor completely ripping me.. Guess what? If it wasn't for another sponsor, a similar situations would have happned to DOZEN of other people. He ha 200+ trader feeback rating.
Old 12-05-2012, 03:30 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Wow Lemons, that link just shows you that there's crooks everywhere - even on LS1tech.
Old 12-05-2012, 02:35 PM
FormerVendor

Received 23 Likes on 20 Posts

Agreed,

I don't feel that sponsorship status should exclude anyone from being called out for scamming a customer.

There are always two sides to a story and I know from the vendor side that keeping every customer happy can be difficult. I try not to be "that guy" that is hard to please when I deal with other vendors.

I feel like we have lots of room for improvement at my own business. I would like to improve our delivery time, less backlog, better packaging, better quality control, more organized shipping of small parts and kits, etc.

However, one thing I insist on is giving the customer what they paid for. Even if it means delaying the delivery or losing a sale.

I know of some companies and I believe one sponsor on here requires that the customer NOT post any negative feedback online to purchase from them.

I spent 6 years in the military and 2 years as a civilian security contractor in Iraq fighting for my right to freedom of speech and I don't plan on doing business with any company that takes that away from me, nor do I plan on taking it away from any of my customers.

A customer SHOULD always try to resolve any issue with the vendor first before posting negative feedback but sometimes the last resort is to let it be known if you feel like you were treated unfairly.
Old 12-05-2012, 03:46 PM
FormerVendor

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts

I would much rather handle this in a PM and apologize for the drama in the thread, but Jake will not respond to any of my messages.

Jake, the problem here is you are the one calling me out, another vendor. The customer is a happy camper because we took care of him. But to come on here posting pictures and assuming that since we messed up once that we are screwing every customer is ludicrous. We have converters in some of the fastest, heaviest, and most powerful vehicles on the planet. We take great pride in our converters and strive to make each and every one the best we can. If a customer has a problem I want to hear about it, if I do not make them happy I can understand them wanting to post up the story. Free speech is a great thing and can be used to resolve a conflict, but in this case there is no conflict.

We work in a performance world and we are human. We are going to have problems every once in a while, something that slips past QC. Our goal is to figure out what happened and make sure it does not happen again. Every performance company has had a failure at some point, it is how we handle those problems that defines us as a company. I would think that as a performance shop you would understand that things happen.

We have spent countless hours designing our converters, from the billet front, clutch pack, stator design and custom balloon plates. All custom designs by Circle D Specialties. To have another vendor say we are not innovative is very upsetting. I would gladly put our converter up against any of our competitors, we are extremely proud of the work we do.

Jake, feel free to PM or call me back - 713-895-8834
Old 12-05-2012, 06:23 PM
FormerVendor

Received 23 Likes on 20 Posts

Originally Posted by Circle-D
I would much rather handle this in a PM and apologize for the drama in the thread, but Jake will not respond to any of my messages.

Jake, the problem here is you are the one calling me out, another vendor. The customer is a happy camper because we took care of him. But to come on here posting pictures and assuming that since we messed up once that we are screwing every customer is ludicrous. We have converters in some of the fastest, heaviest, and most powerful vehicles on the planet. We take great pride in our converters and strive to make each and every one the best we can. If a customer has a problem I want to hear about it, if I do not make them happy I can understand them wanting to post up the story. Free speech is a great thing and can be used to resolve a conflict, but in this case there is no conflict.

We work in a performance world and we are human. We are going to have problems every once in a while, something that slips past QC. Our goal is to figure out what happened and make sure it does not happen again. Every performance company has had a failure at some point, it is how we handle those problems that defines us as a company. I would think that as a performance shop you would understand that things happen.

We have spent countless hours designing our converters, from the billet front, clutch pack, stator design and custom balloon plates. All custom designs by Circle D Specialties. To have another vendor say we are not innovative is very upsetting. I would gladly put our converter up against any of our competitors, we are extremely proud of the work we do.

Jake, feel free to PM or call me back - 713-895-8834
I never called anybody out in this thread. I simply stated who I would buy from of the three listed.
You admitted that the substandard converter build pictures I posted were your build.

I also never said you weren't innovative. In the past I've sent you customers, like Josh, because you have a decent reputation online. Anybody that is manufacturing their own stuff that isn't a ripoff of someone else is being innovative. Like I stated earlier in this thread, I would prefer to send customers to a company that does innovative quality work, and if they are in Texas that's even better. I felt you guys did so when I've sent customers in the past.

Like I stated before, my issue was that you sent out something that was less than advertised and paid for to a customer that I referred to you.

That alone is enough that I will never send you another customer, as I told you on the phone months ago.
Old 12-05-2012, 06:28 PM
8 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Well I'm glad that threads like this are still going and not swept under the rug like on some other boards.

So CircleD messed up and **** happens-most important thing is they stepped right up and took care of it and the customer is now happy.

I wish my last converter company would of done the same for me-but they didn't.

So the first thing I asked this time is if there going to take care of me if the stall is not what I want.

Chris from CircleD personally guaranteed my new stall would be everything he promised it would be. He returned all my emails, answered all my questions.

So I dropped the dough and went with CircleD.

One thing I will tell people is don't expect the stall to perfect the first time-stalls are one thing I don't understand and my setup is not like everyone elses-I need a big hit and something that tightens up quick.

Chris promised me he will work with it till I'm happy-now I just need to wait till spring to report back.

In all fairness-I did give FTI I call and email but Justin never got back to me-this was while Greg was at PRI. But I have heard great things from FTI though.
Old 12-06-2012, 11:19 AM
Staging Lane

@ lemons12, that is a crazy story but, it seems to be the pattern around here. Like I have said before it feels more like a swap meet than a tech site and those who don't really know about transmissions get fooled by words like "innovator" and "hydraulic expert" basic bait and hook lingo.

@ Chris from Circle D, He starts with trash talking and drops hints that he is know starting in the converter business that is wrong. Texas is big enough for both of you.
Old 12-06-2012, 11:32 AM
Staging Lane

I've heard great things about all the converter companies but only have experiance with FTI. Great converter and Greg knows his stuff.
Old 12-06-2012, 01:20 PM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Received 68 Likes on 40 Posts

eb, I tried to figure your email and check to make sure a follow up was done. There was 2 people that Justin tried to get back to and couldnt. I appologize for this. I was working the PRI show releasing many of our new product designs as well as our new 2 speed transmission.I did meet a good many of our customers as well as met some new ones. Again I always try to return all contacts.

Greg
info@ftiperformance.com
FTIPerformance.com
FTI Converter build sheet

Old 12-06-2012, 06:15 PM
11 Second Club

http://www.jegs.com/i/FTI-Transmissi...ductId=1661359
Fti buy this and be done with it.
Old 12-06-2012, 06:24 PM
8 Second Club

Originally Posted by FTICONVERTERS
eb, I tried to figure your email and check to make sure a follow up was done. There was 2 people that Justin tried to get back to and couldnt. I appologize for this. I was working the PRI show releasing many of our new product designs as well as our new 2 speed transmission.I did meet a good many of our customers as well as met some new ones. Again I always try to return all contacts.

Greg
Greg, I understand you were at PRI and Justin told me that.

I may still pick up a stall from you to do some back to back testing. If you have any questions or have a stall suggestion for me my email is arun@ccperf.com

Thanks!
Old 12-06-2012, 06:40 PM

Received 424 Likes on 323 Posts

I'm impressed by how graciously Chris at Circle-D has handled this thread. He admitted to a mistake, made it right, the customer is HAPPY, and I bet Chris is making triple-sure this mistake never happens again.
I will feel comfortable recommending Circle-D to anyone looking for a converter. Granted I know little about converters, but I know good customer service.
Old 12-06-2012, 11:10 PM
"All Motor 9 Second club member"

Originally Posted by mrvedit
I'm impressed by how graciously Chris at Circle-D has handled this thread. He admitted to a mistake, made it right, the customer is HAPPY, and I bet Chris is making triple-sure this mistake never happens again.
I will feel comfortable recommending Circle-D to anyone looking for a converter. Granted I know little about converters, but I know good customer service.

I am so glad we have members with the ability to see the value of how customer service should be handled. This whole deal was very unfortunate. Chris made every attempt to address the issue (way beyond what anyone here will ever get to see).
I was fortunate enough to get a full explanation of how this build slipped through the cracks and it was a valuable lesson learned. Chris was greatful that the QC issue was brought to his attention as to make sure no other customers were effected, but the way the outside vendor handled this should be embarrassing to them. The customer is happy, no failure or damage occured and the QC loop hole was identified. That is a very good thing in my book. I just can't help but think there is an ulterior motive. There is no logical explanation.

Personally I have used and tested many Circle D Specialties Converters and the quality is second to none. It just frustrates me to see abrasive vendors trying to discredit an established performance manufacturer because of a single rare over sight. Heaven forbid they ever make a slight mistake. SMH.

We are fortunate to have real world feed back from members that use our sponsors transmissions and conveters. There are no secrets and the results tell the truth.
Old 12-06-2012, 11:23 PM
Pontiacerator

Received 206 Likes on 173 Posts

Originally Posted by TXCAMSS
We are fortunate to have real world feed back from members that use our sponsors transmissions and conveters. There are no secrets and the results tell the truth.
This sums it up well. Forums are for advancing tech, not for sponsor bashing.

Quick Reply: Another one of those: Converter brand choice between CircleD, Yank, and FTI