Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

Attention all KY-Turbo Customers, Supporters, and Friends:

Search this Thread

Old 12-04-2012, 12:59 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by pnykillerz28ls1
one thing i think is messed up is that the mods were telling people not to tell the shady things that he was doing. the whole reason i like this forum is so i can look at what company's are making good products and who i can trust with my money. its kind of pointless to check out the sponsors on here if all your going to see is the good things.
Haha...funny you mention this .. when I was pissed I had said something like how I wanted to make a post about how shitty the entire process was but that I decided not to (fan boys would have just stood for him....)and from his own lips"we pay a lot of money to play on that site it's a good thing you didn't because you would have got a 30 day ban and thread deleted". funny considering something like that would have been full of facts about all the lies I was told for Weeks.after that I decided not to buy anything from someone just because they are a sponser.i do my own research on who to buy from.
Old 12-04-2012, 01:05 PM
11 Second Club

I cant believe brian@kytp didnt know this was gonna go down like this
Old 12-04-2012, 01:05 PM
Teching In

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Wow, I was not expecting this.

Kinda shows the days of the real car guy doing his own **** is a thing of the past, people I seem to find at meets these days never know their **** they only know how to sign the dotted line....
Old 12-04-2012, 01:07 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by turbocamaro125
wonder if Josh will every get on here again and answer some questions....??

I bet so, In fact, if a moderator would check the newbies I bet he may have a different name.....
Old 12-04-2012, 01:10 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by got-a-ls1
Haha...funny you mention this .. when I was pissed I had said something like how I wanted to make a post about how shitty the entire process was but that I decided not to (fan boys would have just stood for him....)and from his own lips"we pay a lot of money to play on that site it's a good thing you didn't because you would have got a 30 day ban and thread deleted". funny considering something like that would have been full of facts about all the lies I was told for Weeks.after that I decided not to buy anything from someone just because they are a sponser.i do my own research on who to buy from.
That's what I did for two years was research from procharger to turbo then who to buy from. I couldn't find anything bad on him at the time and I wanted to retain ac. That's why I ordered from him but you start hearing the bad after the fact. I look back at it now and beat myself of over listening to him about his kit when I could have ordered a procharger from bob and had my car build and running in my garage nice and safe instead of flooding out back an engine builders shop with no motor. Fml!!!!!
Old 12-04-2012, 01:14 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by 1badWS6
All the APS **** that went on comes to mind as well. I find it real shady that Josh has made one post and that was the original. He hasn't come in and said a word.
Aps made a nice kit the turbos it came with where **** for sure and the way the turbo issue was handled was stupid as well but some of these guys in this deal lost alot more. The aps situation doesnt even compare I mean atleast peter posted more than once in his threads.
Old 12-04-2012, 01:27 PM
LS1Tech Co-Founder

Received 1,099 Likes on 721 Posts

Has he put the biz into bankruptcy? If he has you would contact his lawyer to submit your claim.

It's one thing to have problems and ask for extra time, but it's downright terrible to keep taking money in and blowing off orders from the early part of this year. And he had a "robbery" but didn't pay anyone back and kept taking in more money.
Old 12-04-2012, 01:29 PM
Launching!

Josh, remember whenyou sold me an ls1 back in the day when you where starting your shop and basically told me to **** off when I started the motor and heard it knock. You were shady before your shop opened and I doubt you turned into an good business owner overnight. You pulled the good old "collect a bunch of peoples money then close the doors trick". I even posted in his feedback and prewarned anyone that asked about what happened with my transacion with you. With how you handled this whole situation I think its fair to say your "burglary" was an inside job. Rip the wrong person off and see first hand not everyone handles **** like this the same way.
Old 12-04-2012, 01:36 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Pro Stock John
Has he put the biz into bankruptcy? If he has you would contact his lawyer to submit your claim.

It's one thing to have problems and ask for extra time, but it's downright terrible to keep taking money in and blowing off orders from the early part of this year. And he had a "robbery" but didn't pay anyone back and kept taking in more money.
I think the answer here is no. I think he believes he can just shut the doors without recourse for services not rendered. He's about to have to lawyer up, b/c I can tell you MANY of the people here are going to go after him. Most likely, personally, not his business. Fraud has been committed here, especially for the people who gave him orders AFTER the "robbery" not to mention, those who had cars that were "robbed" from. I hope people here have paperwork on KY-Turbo invoices of the parts ordered and services ordered.
Old 12-04-2012, 01:51 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by projectcam
Josh, remember whenyou sold me an ls1 back in the day when you where starting your shop and basically told me to **** off when I started the motor and heard it knock. You were shady before your shop opened and I doubt you turned into an good business owner overnight. You pulled the good old "collect a bunch of peoples money then close the doors trick". I even posted in his feedback and prewarned anyone that asked about what happened with my transacion with you. With how you handled this whole situation I think its fair to say your "burglary" was an inside job. Rip the wrong person off and see first hand not everyone handles **** like this the same way.
Edit: I just checked your feed back and saw my feedback on your page was changed! WTF is up with that ls1tech???? My original feedback said he ripped me off and to pm me for details.
Old 12-04-2012, 01:53 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by TermnEatr
Aps made a nice kit the turbos it came with where **** for sure and the way the turbo issue was handled was stupid as well but some of these guys in this deal lost alot more. The aps situation doesnt even compare I mean atleast peter posted more than once in his threads.
Yeah he posted up to tell everyone they were **** out of luck when his shitty Chinese turbos destroyed peoples' motors. People losing money sucks period - doesn't matter what the situation. It's a similar situation here just the fact the he took the money and ran. It sucks for all parties involved - except the crooks.
Old 12-04-2012, 02:02 PM
TECH Fanatic

Man this thread really does bother me. Hurts to see other performance guys that paid good money to enjoy there rides and have them built they way they desire only to be ripped.

Makes me wanna go ahead and open the doors to my company (Been in the works for awhile) to specialize in turbo systems.

Hope you guys get back every penny.
Old 12-04-2012, 02:07 PM
TECH Resident

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Wow...
No insurance = No insurance Fraud...

No police investigation = no papertrail (i.e. no pergury)

Has he even released a copy of the initial police report? Anyone seen the video he claims?

Just seems too convenient.

I am in the process of having a 2400sqft shop built <--- There's your money. lol Go after THAT and get your money back.

(FYI... I got no dog in the fight,... just saying...observing, and it all seems fishy..)

Originally Posted by Josh@KY-Turbo
Nothing so far.

Even with the video from next door and the finger prints Bowling Green City Police found they are not launching an investigation at this point due to not having any leads.

The Local PD are not the only people looking into this. I have made alot of Friends of the last 10 years in the performance business. I have people looking into the whole mess.

As it stands right now I am try'ing like hell to get things back to normal at the shop. I am in the process of having a 2400sqft shop built at the house so that I can run the business from home. This will effectively cut my over head to nearly nothing. Only down side's are that the size of the shop will be greatly smaller than what I have now, and I wont have a location 10 minutes from Beech Bend.

I have a long road ahead of me to get things back to normal and to take care of those customers involved. It is going to be a lengthy process for sure.
Old 12-04-2012, 02:19 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by HRHohio
I am in the process of having a 2400sqft shop built
Taken from that same post

Originally Posted by Josh@KY-Turbo
Many shops have went under in the LS Turbo Game prior to this for various reasons and just walked away. I want to reassure you that is not the case

I guess he changed his mind
Old 12-04-2012, 02:38 PM
Formerly 4mulaJoe

Not hard for turbo companies to keep ******* you guys over. Cost of admission is just a monthly check to IB who will censor the **** out of any bad press. Same ****, different company.

Who made money in this business? Follow the money to see who really fucked you guys. IB should be stepping up to help mediate instead of looking for the next sponsor to sign up and do this BS all over again.

Looks how long I've been a member. Happens over and over.
Old 12-04-2012, 02:50 PM
12 Second Club

wow.....
Old 12-04-2012, 02:51 PM
TECH Regular

[QUOTE=HRHohio;16949532]Wow...
No insurance = No insurance Fraud...

No police investigation = no papertrail (i.e. no pergury)

Has he even released a copy of the initial police report? Anyone seen the video he claims?

Just seems too convenient.

People that get convicted of fraud get convicted of mail and wire fraud because when you make phone calls and mail documents that contain false information, mail fraud. Since the mail system is Federal the FBI has jurisdiction any phone calls to insurance co. Or customers that are documented are federal offenses. The FBI lives for this type of investigation.
Old 12-04-2012, 03:13 PM
TECH Regular

As a shop owner i wouldn't start custom fabrication job on a car without a highly detailed work order and at least 60% deposit . Because the law protects the customer if there's not full documentation signed outlining what's being done to the car and how much it's going to cost. 417 Motorsports recently got Royally screwed completely redoing a certain flat black 2dr post 67 Chevy II that's been 4-5 magazines and all over this forum. It's now one of the BADDEST full street cars in the country right now. He only got paid about a third of what the job should have been, because he didn't have a signed work order, only a verbal agreement. He even hauled the car LSX in Indy without even compensation for fuel or accommodations. So this screwing happens from both sides. No ones seen anything about the car being redone because the chicken **** owner knows he screwed Blake. Even promised him Jeff Smith was flying to Indy to shoot the car for a full Car Craft magazine feature. Half way there Blake found out it was a lie. There's hazards on both sides of performance car work. You have to research the shop well and get signed documentation. Ask for copies of insurance and make sure it has not lapsed.

Last edited by 00Wildcat; 12-04-2012 at 03:37 PM.
Old 12-04-2012, 03:17 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I contacted Josh at the beginning of october about a new turbo kit for my TA. I had one of his old T4 kits that i bought used off of Sluggish. I was pleased with the quality and wanted to go through him again. He quoted me some prices and i strongly considered it. I then got the bug to go twins and was put in touch with ttranssam aka Turbo Joe @ straightline performance. He put my anxieties to rest and only took a small deposit to start working. The kit is almost done and beyond my wildest dreams. Payment in full will take place when its ready to ship, as it should be. Thank God I didn't go through KYTP. I never imagined this would happen. All the rave reviews on this board would have one believe he was infallible. I think that the policy of LS1TECH to not allow criticism of sponsors is a GREAT disservice to members of the forums. This needs to be changed. Complete bullshit that the propaganda machine is allowed to continue until the 11th hour when it is too late. Shame on you internetbrands.
Old 12-04-2012, 03:18 PM
11 Second Club

Id just like to say the Josh I know was a very very nice person, I remember doing my build with a few parts I bought from him and being like ****, I need valve covers for these heads! I mentioned it to him and he said "dont worry about it bubba, ill get some to you by the end of this week!" and sure enough, I got valve covers in the mail, he wouldnt even let me pay him for the shipping!

I am also a small business owner, if I got robbed, I would be screwed. To those of you saying it was an inside job... REALLY? cmon now. He at least would have had insurance if he was gonna rob himself! As for beer cans being all over the floor in his shop, who gives a ****, the guy did quality work.

Quick Reply: Attention all KY-Turbo Customers, Supporters, and Friends: