Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

Attention all KY-Turbo Customers, Supporters, and Friends:

Search this Thread

Old 12-04-2012, 07:32 AM
Destroyer of Exotics

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Can't say I didn't see it coming. I too was left with an uneasy feeling after reading/seeing how the break in situation was handled. I am glad I didn't give them any money and got my parts elsewhere.

This sucks for those who will have to jump through hoops to get their money/parts back. This is similar to the t56 rebuilds/six speed inc situation.
Old 12-04-2012, 07:41 AM
TECH Addict

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

My lawyer is reading this thread. I just wanna get a feel for what can be done. I instantly thought of Craig when I saw this post. 22,000 dollars is def worth a bit of punishment. I lost 5,000 once and I still feel that pain today 5 years later. Be careful what you post. It could imply motive later on.
Old 12-04-2012, 07:43 AM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by babbage1109
I just don't understand why people haven't taken him to court sooner.
That's an easy one to answer ... Just go look through this section of the forum and read the nut swinging post of "Josh walks on water" ... Along with the fact of being a Site Sponsor (so no one could really post any negatives).
Again, people want to believe in Fairy Tales of Knights in Shining Armor coming to save the Princess ... When in reality, Human Kind has shown to be far more diabolical then it is kind and/or loving.
It's a shame but ... People really need to be a lot less trusting and far more cautious in dealings whether they be personal or financial ... Especially in the this day and age of faceless internet transactions.

Break in or not if somebody has my hard earned money and doesn't give me a product or return it there would def be legal action taken asap. Not 8 months later
Which is exactly what I stated in the original thread concerning the break in! Mis-guided trust in carbon based matter will burn you every single time you involve your energy with it.
The Truth is rarely heard but ALWAYS seen.
Old 12-04-2012, 08:03 AM
TECH Apprentice

What a shitty thing for a so called man to do. What about the countless number of people whos spouses and kids are taking the toll of this becuase some jackass cant run a business correctly? I would hate to imagine what Id do to someone for screwing my family like he has done to many.

Good luck with your refunds guys. I hope it comes back around to him.

Last edited by alans02z; 12-04-2012 at 08:34 AM.
Old 12-04-2012, 08:16 AM
TECH Fanatic

There are so many things shady here IMO:

1) who owns a business and doesn't carry insurance?
2) who owns a business without securing enough capital to cover yourself and company for a 6-12 month period?
3) before closing doors wouldn't someone try and either sell assets to make people whole, or finish work that had been promised while not taking on new business? The whole time letting the customer know if more capital was required to finish the work.
4) Again, before closing doors would you not try and secure "investors" and/or sell the business and work for the new management until debt of old work was paid?
5) unless this shop had ZERO equipment tied to the business name there is some recourse here, if the equipment was in the businesses name, that equipment can and should be sold to pay creditors (i.e. those owed work). Lawyers will surely be going after that shortly.
6) this whole situation had to be known a few weeks ago at least by the OP, and customers should have been made aware of it well before this post, especially if the OP went to work for someone else! IMO, the OP should be working on the customer cars owed work on the side until things are completed. THAT'S more of what a "stand up" guy would do.
7) who the heck would break into a place like this that most likely wouldn't have cash on hand, and only had machinery and cars getting worked on in it? Point being, whoever broke in would have had to have extensive knowledge of turbos cars and installation (all of which do t fall high on the priority list of typical criminals) or they would have as has been mentioned earlier, had to be owed something. And again, a typically criminal would need an outlet to sell the goods stolen right? And so most likely wouldn't some of the things stolen show up on the local craigslist postings and/or eBay/this forum.

There were a bunch of options which looks like were never explored here, like a small business loan, or selling business to others while working to payoff the debt owed. I a, not familiar with the OP or his company, but looks like he is a knowledgeable that had talent concerning turbo setups and other such work, but had no mind for the business, paper work, or customer relations side of things. He looks like he knew how to sell and take money to pay bills pretty well.
Old 12-04-2012, 08:29 AM
TECH Regular

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by 427zm
There are so many things shady here IMO:

1) who owns a business and doesn't carry insurance?
2) who owns a business without securing enough capital to cover yourself and company for a 6-12 month period?
3) before closing doors wouldn't someone try and either sell assets to make people whole, or finish work that had been promised while not taking on new business? The whole time letting the customer know if more capital was required to finish the work.
4) Again, before closing doors would you not try and secure "investors" and/or sell the business and work for the new management until debt of old work was paid?
5) unless this shop had ZERO equipment tied to the business name there is some recourse here, if the equipment was in the businesses name, that equipment can and should be sold to pay creditors (i.e. those owed work). Lawyers will surely be going after that shortly.
6) this whole situation had to be known a few weeks ago at least by the OP, and customers should have been made aware of it well before this post, especially if the OP went to work for someone else! IMO, the OP should be working on the customer cars owed work on the side until things are completed. THAT'S more of what a "stand up" guy would do.
7) who the heck would break into a place like this that most likely wouldn't have cash on hand, and only had machinery and cars getting worked on in it? Point being, whoever broke in would have had to have extensive knowledge of turbos cars and installation (all of which do t fall high on the priority list of typical criminals) or they would have as has been mentioned earlier, had to be owed something. And again, a typically criminal would need an outlet to sell the goods stolen right? And so most likely wouldn't some of the things stolen show up on the local craigslist postings and/or eBay/this forum.

There were a bunch of options which looks like were never explored here, like a small business loan, or selling business to others while working to payoff the debt owed. I a, not familiar with the OP or his company, but looks like he is a knowledgeable that had talent concerning turbo setups and other such work, but had no mind for the business, paper work, or customer relations side of things. He looks like he knew how to sell and take money to pay bills pretty well.

kinda what I said on #7....prolly a inside JOB!
Old 12-04-2012, 08:46 AM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by mdhmi
What would he be paying it back with? If he had the the money he wouldn't have closed his doors. That's the thing with these sorts of situations, I think in nearly all cases you have people that get in over their heads and run out of money.

You start using the money from Project C to buy parts for Project B and some of the money from Projects B, C, and D to pay for your overhead (shop lease, utilities, tool rental, insurance, etc) ..

Any bump in the road (burglary, employee problems, personal health problems, divorce, etc) cause everything to crash.

I don't personally know Josh, but if he's like most small business owners he busted his *** and wagered everything he could afford to lose, and for whatever reason, it didn't pan out the way he had hoped. I can't imagine how many sleepless nights and the stress he's had to endure with the shop. Most shops, especially of this type, are out of business within two years. It sucks, but that's reality.
know i understand this but Business 101

Start business with your own money and do project A
use profit from project A to help with project b
use profit form project b to help with project c
and so on.

and with some of that profit be putting it away for a rainy day
and the biggest rule Cover your ***. have insurance ALL THE TIME
Old 12-04-2012, 08:56 AM
On The Tree

With the stupid amounts of money he was taking from people and the fact that there isnt much overhead on tubing and welding supplies I cannot imagine how he doesnt have a big pile of money sitting around.

I said it before and ill say it again, I bet the break in was an inside job and the guy ******* hosed everyone and most of you guys were lined up around the block to defend him and lobby for everyone to donate money to "help" him out when the shop got broken into and all his customers initially got fucked.
Old 12-04-2012, 08:58 AM
TECH Resident

8 months to build a hot side? Wow, just wow.
Old 12-04-2012, 09:00 AM
On The Tree

In someway I honestly feel like some of these forums need to be held responsible.

They are collecting $500-$1000 a month from top sponsors. You can't criticize their sponsors, because the mods or admins come swinging in, it is their revenue stream. I'm sure the boards don't verify the insurance status for these company's, and when things go to ****, the only people who get the shaft are those who learned of the sponsors from the board.

I understand that the boards and forums have no way of controlling the actions of people, but they should have some sort of stake in it, since they profit off it.

This would not only ensure that the board hosts "qualified" sponsors, but also that it's members do not get taken advantage of.
Old 12-04-2012, 09:29 AM
LS1Tech Co-Founder

Received 1,167 Likes on 759 Posts

After the "robbery" my friend Harold from MI was out over $10K in parts. His car was there and almost done, and then the shop is broken into and all his parts are gone from the car.

Josh said he would do what he would to make it right, and did nothing. When I posted he got huffy and some leghumpers posted in his defense, as well as apparently sent him money????

I have personally been a victim of a BK and have been a creditor in one. I'd get an attorney and get something going. If its an S Corp the bank gets paid first, then the creditors. If he's had machines and other assets they would be sold to satify judgements. If he has sold stuff recently it can be gone after by the court.

Taking all this money in and the f'g folks is just plain wrong. I haven't owned LS1Tech since 2007 FWIW but stuff is just terrible.
Old 12-04-2012, 09:31 AM
TECH Regular

Listen, if 3-4 of you really think if was an inside job, CALL THE FBI office local to his area and they WILL crawl up his *** with a magnifying glass and a fine tooth comb. Even if he's innocent his *** will hurt bad. If he's. Guilty and there are written records mail and wire fraud are hard to get out of and theres NO statue of limitations. Damn phone is hard to type on. Lol
Old 12-04-2012, 09:44 AM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by Pro Stock John
After the "robbery" my friend Harold from MI was out over $10K in parts. His car was there and almost done, and then the shop is broken into and all his parts are gone from the car.

^^^ biggest thing with tis is how is ALL the parts stolen. Who takes a hot side.

turbos. wastegates. and things of this nature i understand. but teh average robbery doesnt tak tubing.
Old 12-04-2012, 09:46 AM
10 Second Club

Does anyone remember Dave Inall and the Incon turbo kits?
http://forums.corral.net/forums/svt-...formation.html

Alot of people got burned on that deal and then he just went back to Australia, didn't really have a shop, someone else did his fabrication out of their shop. The guy hyped the Incon kit and told everyone all the other kits where ****, promised all kinds of horsepower numbers.

He used to come on the forum and post pictures of this part or that part and talk about how great the kit was, so when I see vendors on here doing the same thing I become just a little critical of their business.

Last edited by mike13; 12-04-2012 at 10:22 AM.
Old 12-04-2012, 09:54 AM
Staging Lane

I find it almost laughable that people would really consider his mentions of "making it right..." to be honorable.
This is a guy who didn't think insurance was needed to protect not only your stuff but himself from liability. What on God's Green earth made anyone think he would of had the testicular fortitude to "make things right" after a catastrophic event?
I usually refrain from posting (10 years and less than 60 post) but I always find these type of posting compelling. I was the same guy that would dig into that sawed off kangaroo forker Inall (and his later alias as Peter) for being an arrogant lying **** snake oil salesman (and loyal legion would defend him). He took off with monies (and came back to screw people again with APS). I lambasted all the OFI swingers with the apologetic "he's only one guy ... things go slow ... blah, blah, blah ... then he took off with monies as well (and even ray Charles could that coming!)
Hopefully, one day soon ... People will STOP placing such blind trust with these people because they post a lot on a forum and pay sponsor fees.
Old 12-04-2012, 09:55 AM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by mike13
https://ls1tech.com/forums/forced-in...nall-incon.htm

Alot of people got burned on that deal and then he just went back to Australia, didn't really have a shop, someone else did his fabrication out of their shop. The guy hyped the Incon kit and told everyone all the other kits where ****, promised all kinds of horsepower numbers.

He used to come on the forum and post pictures of this part or that part and talk about how great the kit was, so when I see vendors on here doing the same thing I become just a little critical of their business.
All the APS **** that went on comes to mind as well. I find it real shady that Josh has made one post and that was the original. He hasn't come in and said a word.
Old 12-04-2012, 09:55 AM
TECH Regular

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Toxic-Evo
^^^ biggest thing with tis is how is ALL the parts stolen. Who takes a hot side.

turbos. wastegates. and things of this nature i understand. but teh average robbery doesnt tak tubing.

you need a hot side to go with the new x275 turbo!
Old 12-04-2012, 10:02 AM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by turbocamaro125
you need a hot side to go with the new x275 turbo!
What a coincidence that the thieves had the same car as the mock up car! What are the odds?!
Old 12-04-2012, 10:05 AM
11 Second Club

It amazes me just the nerve of him to post at all if he was planning this. Kinda feels like he laughed typing
Old 12-04-2012, 10:09 AM
TECH Apprentice

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by mike13
https://ls1tech.com/forums/forced-in...nall-incon.htm

that link doesn't work

Quick Reply: Attention all KY-Turbo Customers, Supporters, and Friends: