Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

4l60

Search this Thread

Old 02-17-2013, 10:02 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question 4l60

Alright Im starting my build and wondering if I can use the 4l60 in my 95 blazer to hook up my 5.3 in it?

What do I have to change if anything?
Old 02-18-2013, 05:02 PM

Received 424 Likes on 323 Posts

This was recently covered in this thread:
https://ls1tech.com/forums/automatic...urus-help.html

I just updated my post #2 to acknowledge that it will bolt up with a spacer and a different or drilled flexplate.

However, I don't think your LS PCM will work with a '95 trans because that PCM expects both a PWM TCC valve/solenoid and a PWM 3-2 downshift solenoid. IIRC a '94 had neither, most '96 had both and '95 was a transitional year. Any trans with a PWM TCC will have "PWM" stamped onto the pump casing. But I don't know if it means it then has a PWM 3-2 downshift solenoid too.

In summary, I don't think so, but I am not sure. Since no one else posted, I wanted to take my best shot at it.
Old 02-20-2013, 11:11 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Can it be tuned like a manual?
Old 02-21-2013, 08:35 AM

Received 424 Likes on 323 Posts

Originally Posted by Goat's ss
Can it be tuned like a manual?
This is a common question; the short answer is no.
The PCM controls the shifting, the shifter position should be considered your "recommendation" to the PCM. It will not shift higher than what you have selected, but also will not shift up until the tuned mph is reached for that throttle position. (At WOT, both tuned mph and rpm must be reached.)
However the shifter also controls hydraulics in the trans in ways I don't yet fully understand.

I don't know is a special tune with really low mph shift points would give you manual-like shifting.

One question that always comes up is "why"? The computer can shift much more accurately on the track for best ET times. For track racing I can certainly understand that you don't want the trans shifting unexpectedly in the middle of turns.

I'm sure others here know much more about this that me and can fill in more details.

Quick Reply: 4l60