Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

PTC Converters

Search this Thread

Old 03-24-2013, 03:30 PM
9 Second Club/Nitrous Mod

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by lemons12
It was... How about mine? How about my buddy that was in the 1.5s in 2000+ DA with a cam lid and exhaust with 273s and 3600#?
I ran 1.5 60's and 7.2s in the 1/8th with the Edge verter I had, a milder setup like yours in summer weather, so will it be fair to say the Edge out performed the PTC? There are cam only cars with Yank and other verters out there that 60' 1.5s around your buddies weight also. Do a search.
I have seen enough PTC converter out perform Yank/Circle D/Rev Maxx/Etc to base my claims on without a problem backing it up.
Well back it up then. We're waiting for proof, along with your 370 ci build with results!
LOL... Most people don't think it is a 450$ converter because it performs the way it does. That right there lets me know it is impressing you, especially for a 450$ converter!
It does, as well as the Edge I had, but the Yank had better results..

When you're done with your build, be sure to post track times if there's not a problem. Everyone has opinions, but results speaks for itself.
Old 03-25-2013, 11:12 AM
Staging Lane

I'll chime in since my name was mentioned earlier. I'm Dusty Bradford and can agree with what Jake has posted about billet vs non billet. I can take a $500 PTC converter and make it cost $750 by adding the billet cover if someone would rather pay the extra money. The billet cover does not add any strength or et gain over a non billet converter. Both converters will et the same. The non billet cover will have a ring welded on for mounting and will have a welded on anti balooning plate.

As Jake also posted. A billet cover may help slightly if the clutch is applied at WOT or heavy throttle situations. However it's still a single disc without much clutch surface area. You can't expect a single disc to last long at all when locked under power. For any sort of WOT lock-up I'd prefer a multi disc design.

As for billet vs non billet strength. We've put 2400hp through a non billet converter with both T400 and glide transmissions. The cars over 3000hp typically swap to a billet cover but only because it's a bolt together design.
Old 03-26-2013, 01:21 PM
11 Second Club

another vote for ptc. been running their stuff for the past 7 years. great product at a great price. If more people knew about them, i think alot would go that route.
Old 03-26-2013, 10:27 PM
Teching In

Another +1 for PTC, great customer service as well!
Old 03-27-2013, 08:16 AM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Received 68 Likes on 40 Posts

http://shop.fticonverters.com/FORD-C...-SRF6082C4.htm
info@ftiperformance.com
FTIPerformance.com
FTI Converter build sheet

Old 03-27-2013, 09:41 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by Dustin11
I'll chime in since my name was mentioned earlier. I'm Dusty Bradford and can agree with what Jake has posted about billet vs non billet. I can take a $500 PTC converter and make it cost $750 by adding the billet cover if someone would rather pay the extra money. The billet cover does not add any strength or et gain over a non billet converter. Both converters will et the same. The non billet cover will have a ring welded on for mounting and will have a welded on anti balooning plate.

As Jake also posted. A billet cover may help slightly if the clutch is applied at WOT or heavy throttle situations. However it's still a single disc without much clutch surface area. You can't expect a single disc to last long at all when locked under power. For any sort of WOT lock-up I'd prefer a multi disc design.

As for billet vs non billet strength. We've put 2400hp through a non billet converter with both T400 and glide transmissions. The cars over 3000hp typically swap to a billet cover but only because it's a bolt together design.

Great post! Finally someone who clearly understands the difference and not buying into the "billet" hype...

Quick Reply: PTC Converters