Automatic Transmission 2-Speed thru 10-Speed GM Autos | Converters | Shift Kits
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

MAD DOG TRANSMISSION 2013 log

Search this Thread

Old 05-22-2013, 05:01 PM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

What type of business do you run, it must be a monkey business. We ship transmissions all over the world. And yes, we might have some problems here and there and we take care of them right away. I am a very reasonable businessman, I gave you many different options and I do know when enough is enough. Again, don't get mad at me because you got pushed around in school. You might want to think about counseling it will probably help you.

Thank You,
"Mad Dog" Lou

Mad Dog Transmissions
Phone 770-781-0949
Fax 770-781-0969 maddoglou454@aol.com
Old 05-22-2013, 05:25 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

what hp/tq ratings are the lvl2 and lvl3 4l60e trannys?
Old 05-22-2013, 05:34 PM
Banned

L-2,500 fly wheel HP, L-3,650, L-4,800. L-5 4L60-65-70 1000 HP.
Old 05-22-2013, 06:17 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by maddoglou454
What type of business do you run, it must be a monkey business. We ship transmissions all over the world. And yes, we might have some problems here and there and we take care of them right away. I am a very reasonable businessman, I gave you many different options and I do know when enough is enough. Again, don't get mad at me because you got pushed around in school. You might want to think about counseling it will probably help you.

Thank You,
"Mad Dog" Lou

Mad Dog Transmissions
Phone 770-781-0949
Obviously, we saw the customer from Spain.

In the end, I think most just want to see a businessman admit a wrong. Moving on is at least possible after that. I see a half shade of that in your post, yet it is followed by more childish insults pointing back to the thread posted by many.

You may want to rethink trying to take the Pepsi challenge with insults against others businesses before gathering any facts about said monkey businesses volume/numbers
Old 05-23-2013, 08:34 AM
Banned

Apparently, you must be doing something wrong. Otherwise, you would not be harassing me if you had work. Try advertising and stay positive and you should be okay. Now if you'll excuse me I have customers that I need to answer back to.

Thank You,
"Mad Dog" Lou

Mad Dog Transmissions
Phone 770-781-0949
Old 06-01-2013, 12:33 PM
Launching!

wow! what a douche-bag.thats one of the reasons i went with another vernder here in texas instead of maddog. i cant begine to explain how much of a pain it is to R&R a 4l60e in the driveway with long tube headers. you definately want to get it correct the first time.what kind of business owner talks like he's in 5th grade? extremely childish. just like his transmissions.
Old 06-01-2013, 05:20 PM
TECH Apprentice

Guess there's no going on in this thread
Old 03-25-2014, 01:03 PM
Teching In

Lou,
I have one of your 700R4's that has been sitting in the crate since I returned from Afghanistan 3yrs ago. I'm considering using it in my LS swap I hope I dont run into any issues, you where very helpful when I was ordering it back then............
Old 07-19-2014, 05:16 PM

Originally Posted by Mrpiercings
Lou,
I have one of your 700R4's that has been sitting in the crate since I returned from Afghanistan 3yrs ago. I'm considering using it in my LS swap I hope I dont run into any issues, you where very helpful when I was ordering it back then............
Well, if you did use it I'm sure you know now what a piece of junk Lou sold you. I've read for the last month and am shocked how many folks this guy has stole from. Friends don't let friends buy from Mad Dog. 5 transmissions can't be wrong. I was fine until I read so many post about transmissions failing the same way as mine. Lou packed up shop from Florida because the locals were about to shut him down and the BBB, well we all know how that works. If you do get a good trans by chance, give it a month before you comment and it will be a different story. Thousands of dollars in the red thanks to Lou and comp.
Old 07-19-2014, 05:34 PM

Originally Posted by Hi-Po
Strong ninja edit there ^

https://ls1tech.com/forums/ls1tech-s...ld-tricks.html

I find the need to let everyone know how you conduct business. As a business owner myself in the automotive world, I can not stand to see someone like yourself talking to customers in the manner you have. When there are so many reputable transmission companies that sponsor this board, I can not believe you are still in business. Probably associated with the fact your threads have been pushed down and forgotten (by most). I hope your words continue to haunt you, much past the point of me following the Automatic Transmission section of this free board.

The fact that you, on many occasions, have posted a supposed customer review for all to read, blows my mind. I hope no one takes it seriously. Good reviews come naturally, you are so obviously forcing the matter it calls your true business practices into play. Keep trying to fool everyone, myself and others will be there to shine the true light on you.

Here again, The Reason Why You Should Stay Away.

Want a good transmission, from a reputable builder?
http://www.jakesperformance.com/
http://www.rpmtransmissions.com/
http://www.finishlinetrans.com/
Etc

Also, you don't get to give yourself your own nickname. No one ever called you "Mad Dog". Maybe others were a 'mad dog' after purchasing a transmission from you.
HI-PO
I want to thank you for the truth, and I want others to know as well. I am posting my history with Lou here. I never run anyone down on the threads, but I really think folks need to know about this guy. You are 100% on this guy sir.
Old 07-19-2014, 05:37 PM

On (2- -14) I purchased a 4L60E on Ebay from a company called Maddog Transmissions. I paid instantly through PayPal and the transmission arrived at my shop approximately 10 days later. MDT claimed on the site that all transmissions were tested and put on a dyno before leaving their shop. When the transmission was pulled off the carrier (R&L Carriers) we immediately noticed the sound of something rolling around in the transmission. Before taking the Trans off the pallet I placed a call to MDT and was transferred to Elliot. Elliot told me there was no way that could happen unless it was the carriers mishandling of the unit, he said all units are tested before they leave the shop. I told him I was not going to install this unit with the sound of parts moving around in the pan. Elliot pleaded with me to remove the pan and assured me this would not void the warranty. I proceeded to remove the pan and I found two bolts that were never screwed in place. When I removed the pan I found something else that bothered me, a dry transmission. All parts appeared to be replaced and new seals, gaskets and everything was clean, but how do you dyno a transmission and keep it dry? I sent pictures to Elliot and Lou of the bolts and dry Trans and Lou confirmed the Transmission was never tested due to a problem with the dyno. I was asked to install the bolts, pan and the Trans and test it. I was hesitant to install the 60 given this is a labor intensive job, but none the less I thought everyone deserves a shot. I installed the Trans the very next day and filled the fluids and started the engine. After letting the fluid warm to temp and capping off the fluids I ran the selector through the gears to find I had no first and no drive. I pulled out the scanner and found some codes and called MDT. Lou told me given the code info he felt it was the wiring harness in the Trans had a short and could send me one at no cost if I could install it. At this time I’m very frustrated, but keep my composure and refused to work on a guaranteed/ warrantied item. Call MDT again and they said I needed to arrange shipment back to their shop @ Cummings Ga. After about a week R & L carriers arrived at my shop to pick up the transmission. I called MDT and talked with the owner Lou about the issues and wanted to make sure I got a quality Trans and did not want to go through this again. I told Lou I would pay extra for their top 4L60E if he would assure me it would not have any issues. I ended up upgrading on the phone and sending more cash through PayPal. Several days later I received their Level 4 4L60E that was rated at 800 hp. Installed the trans and it seemed to shift good and felt fine for about 15 hard runs then it started over shifting. The tune was set to shift at 5800 RPM in all gears and was hitting as high as 7200RPM on some runs do to slippage. I called MDT and was transferred to Elliot. Elliot told me I need to check out all the wiring that I may have a problem on my end. I assured him I didn’t have an issue on my end and the Transmission wasn’t doing this on every run. Elliot wanted me to change the Trans filter and fluid so I reluctantly did with no change. After another week of revving to the moon during shifts I decided to call again, Elliot wanted me to check to make sure my Trans cooler was not stopped up, so I did this and flow was fine. I then emailed my concerns to MDT wanting an acknowledgment and a written copy saying they would fix this issue. After about a week I finally got it in writing, they said they had been moving to a new shop in Cummings GA and this was the reason for no email replies. I then pulled the Trans and contacted R& L carriers to put another $166 bucks in their pockets to take the Trans back to MDT. I waited several days to get the repaired Trans back form MDT with Elliot’s word that it would be tested and ready to roll. I received the Trans on a Thursday and installed it that night (getting rather good at the install at this point). The truck was still sitting on the stand where I removed the other over shifting 60, no changes to anything. After warming the motor and Trans with fluids capped off I proceed to go through the gears, guess what?? I have no first gear and no drive, transmission number three is just like transmission number one. I rechecked everything, no codes this time, just missing these gears. Friday morning I called MDT and was transferred to Elliot again. Elliot got really loud and stated that I have an electrical issue and need to take my truck somewhere and get it checked out. I proceeded to tell him I’m not some young kid that you need to yell at, I’m 48 and have been building hotrods for 25+ years. He continued to tell me that the trans was tested so if there is a problem it’s mine and he’s pretty much done with me. I continued to try to talk sensible to him as he yelled. I asked him if I could ship this back and just have him send me a TH400, provided it would shift correctly I would no longer contact MDT. He said if I would put it in writing he would agree to that. I later received an email from their secretary stating I have had three transmissions with the same problem and all three were tested by MDT and wanted me to agree to that. I told them I would not agree to that as it was untrue and I have every email exchange that’s ever transpired between us and can prove all that I say. The following day Lou sent an email stating the transmission was not tested this time as well (he was truthful concerning the testing of his transmissions). After we worked out the exchange we shipped the Trans back to Cummings Ga through R&L carriers (Driver knows me by name as well as MDT if you know what I mean). The day I took the Trans out and put it in the bed of my personal vehicle it was raining, I had no way to cover the Trans and knew water would get in the Trans but had no choice. When the transmission arrived at MDT Elliot called me yelling at the top of his lungs stating he knew what had happened the transmission, that I had ruined it because my radiator was leaking into it. I assured him the fluid that came from Trans was perfect and the converter fluid was perfect and had only been driven a mile or less. This conversation went on for a while trying to place blame on me. After a few hours I received another irate call from Elliot telling me his builder said there was no way the water could have gotten in some of the areas by being in a rain storm. I assured him I drove 9 miles in some of the hardest rain I’ve been in for a while and I did not have any coolant leaks. I told them to test for ethylene glycol and he found any I’d eat the complete expense; his comeback was I was probably running straight water. I assured him this is my personal vehicle and I drive it everywhere and am very picky and do not run plane water ever. We agreed to proceed with the deal. After a week of calling I can only reach the secretary. Asked for Lou…..(not here) Asked for Elliot……..(not here) As for Dale…….(not here) and a few days later I finally reach Elliot. He assures me my new TH400 transmission is being built to replace the 60 and it will be sent out soon. I received an email from Jenifer saying the Trans will be sent out the following day finally on June 30th and then on another day 9 days later saying it will ship out. It’s 7/10/14 and I still don’t have a th400 to replace the 60. I’ve had 4 transmissions from MDT and only one has worked and that was for very few runs. I have been dealing with MDT and shipping transmissions for almost the complete year of 2014. I finally received the TH400 that Elliot was bragging about, the first lie was the converter was another stock 12” (every converter I ever got from them was stock dia and stock stall) Elliot had promised me a 10” ABP converter. I took the trans to a local shop to see if the parts fit the description of Lou’s add and guess what, it was a worn out piece of junk painted up to look real nice. If I had ran the Trans it would have broken just like the other 4. Anyone who continues to sell junk to a customer, who has been through this kind of trauma, does not classify as stand up guy. If Lou needs money this bad maybe he should get a real job. I know Lou will have his side of the story as I see his post on every forum, but I just wanted all my fellow builders and racers to know beyond a shadow of a doubt that you don’t purchase a Trans from this company. He has been reported to the BBB and has moved from state to state under different company names and still his reputation follows him. Thousands of dollars and many hrs wrenching on my truck and I should have a good Trans soon. It will have a Mad Dog case, but that’s about all.

Quick Reply: MAD DOG TRANSMISSION 2013 log