Old 04-27-2004, 08:38 PM
10 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thank you sir.
Old 04-28-2004, 01:14 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by JNorris
Unfortunately all I got was a price quote of $200-$600 after I was told that my STOCK 3.23 gears were the reason my warranty was being voided.

John
really?? thats what someone else told me but look at their convertor selector and what does it say for a mild cam and heads running et streets?? it says a PT4400 WITH 3.23'S....WOW... but they say that voids the warranty??

that right there = chicken
Old 04-28-2004, 06:19 AM
TECH Addict

bottom line - big enough companies can afford to eat the cost of units failing *yours or theirs*. TCI probably is a big company, and moves alot of product. So whats a couple of failed units, rebuild them, and resell them to a multi-million dollar/month business.

I can see where joe bum building him in his garage,might cough at the money situation, but a real company would brush it off. Satisfy one customer who they know was dead wrong, will bring them lots of glory on the net, which sells lots of product.

how big is yank anyways? They can't afford a secretary for $6/hr?
Old 04-28-2004, 06:57 AM

Originally Posted by 98sspullin'em
really?? thats what someone else told me but look at their convertor selector and what does it say for a mild cam and heads running et streets?? it says a PT4400 WITH 3.23'S....WOW... but they say that voids the warranty??

that right there = chicken

I brought that fact to Mike's attention (he was NOT happy). He told me "That the web page is wrong. I do not know who changed it but that is wrong" He told me that he would change the web page data. Mike went on to say that the PT line of converter should only be used with rear gears that are 3.73 and numerically higher.
Yank (Mike) also told me that efficiency of the PT line of converters would be “dismal” when used with 2.73 and 3.23 gears. I agree with that statement.
Old 04-28-2004, 07:23 AM
9 Second Club

Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by JNorris
I brought that fact to Mike's attention (he was NOT happy). He told me "That the web page is wrong. I do not know who changed it but that is wrong" He told me that he would change the web page data. Mike went on to say that the PT line of converter should only be used with rear gears that are 3.73 and numerically higher.
Yank (Mike) also told me that efficiency of the PT line of converters would be “dismal” when used with 2.73 and 3.23 gears. I agree with that statement.
Now that may be some helpful info JN. The site page has not been properly updated if 98sspullin'em is using a Ported Heads, 215-224 cam. See: http://www.converter.cc/converter_choice_guide.htm . There has clearly been a failure in communications to the distributors though to update their own copies of the page.

Now this still doesn't help identify the failure but it does help support the claim as reasonable if using a truely mild cam.

Rick

Quick Reply: Best brand of torque converter?