Automatic Transmission 2-Speed thru 10-Speed GM Autos | Converters | Shift Kits
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

bought a serviced 4l60e pump on ebay would like input, i think its bad pics inside

Search this Thread

Old 01-03-2014, 01:10 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default bought a serviced 4l60e pump on ebay would like input, i think its bad pics inside

a little back story im pretty sure the torque converter failed in my car, and that took out the pump in my car (or at least damaged it enough i wanted to replace, there was some deep score marks in the one half). so i bought a used pump on ebay that was allegedly clearence checked, had new seals and bushings installed. i open it up today to install a hardened pump ring kit and find this, its not as bad as my original but has some scoring none the less. should i contact the seller and see about a return or am i worrying about nothing?

Old 01-03-2014, 03:58 PM

Received 424 Likes on 323 Posts

The gouges look rather deep to me and I would personally not use it.

I have bought several pumps for ebay seller powertrainpartsplus and all were in much better shape than that.
Old 01-04-2014, 08:24 AM
TECH Apprentice

thanks ill check him out.... and yeah a few are deep there is multiple gouges on both halves that catch my fingernail, i've contacted the seller about a refund/replacement.
Old 01-04-2014, 10:01 PM
TECH Apprentice

well the seller agreed with me and issued a full refund, i bought another one from powertrainpartsplus for 80 bux thanks for the recommendation.

Quick Reply: bought a serviced 4l60e pump on ebay would like input, i think its bad pics inside