Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

4l80e flexplate cover?

Search this Thread

Old 04-21-2017, 07:42 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Default 4l80e flexplate cover?

Anyone have any good recommendations for a flex plate cover? should I just look for another factory sheet metal one? I'm not looking to spend $100+ just something that'll fit nicely and keep my flexplate and converter out of the elements. I've seen the cut to fit ones, but would rather have something fit nicely.
Old 04-23-2017, 07:30 AM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'd be curious to know as well. The covers are stupid expensive and I've read that the universal ones don't fit good.
Old 04-25-2017, 08:13 PM
TECH Enthusiast

I ordered a chevy performance cover. Part # 19259119. $154 Oh well.... I haven't put it on yet. Although, I think the shop that did my 4l80 swap that I gave thousands of dollars to should have put on the damn cover for me.
Old 04-25-2017, 10:48 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by THE LAST Z
I ordered a chevy performance cover. Part # 19259119. $154 Oh well.... I haven't put it on yet. Although, I think the shop that did my 4l80 swap that I gave thousands of dollars to should have put on the damn cover for me.
I'm familiar with that cover, but I don't need that fancy $150 one, just need something to cover. I know it probably helps engine to trans strength but I'm not going to be putting over 500hp through them.

ha and ya they probably should have, oh well like 5 min once you get it up.
Old 04-26-2017, 12:05 AM
Banned

Received 18 Likes on 18 Posts

I am about to make one. I can't be that hard? I suppose if you wanted a really strong one it would require some welding. I am just going to make a simple "dust cover" out of some thin aluminum plate that I can "tin snip" into shape, bend easily, and drill a couple holes. Hopefully in the next couple weeks.
Old 04-26-2017, 01:07 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by kingtal0n
I am about to make one. I can't be that hard? I suppose if you wanted a really strong one it would require some welding. I am just going to make a simple "dust cover" out of some thin aluminum plate that I can "tin snip" into shape, bend easily, and drill a couple holes. Hopefully in the next couple weeks.
that sounds like a good idea, I'm curious how it'll turn out.
Old 04-26-2017, 07:43 PM
Staging Lane

please post some pics if you do make one.
Old 04-26-2017, 10:13 PM
TECH Addict

Received 38 Likes on 34 Posts

What's wrong with the factory cast aluminum inspection cover. I'd rather have that than some stamped steel piece of ****.
Old 04-26-2017, 11:03 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by MY_2K_Z
What's wrong with the factory cast aluminum inspection cover. I'd rather have that than some stamped steel piece of ****.
Dude, If I had one, I would own it and install it. You got one for me? Mail that ****. Its like saying "Why use a high mileage gen3 motor, whats wrong with a brand new LS7 engine?" Have? Have?
Old 04-26-2017, 11:10 PM
TECH Addict

Received 38 Likes on 34 Posts

Go to that salvage yard and get one. It's not rocket science. I know you go to the yards, I've seen your pics from salvage yards. Right that **** down on a sheet of paper and put it in your pocket so you won't forget next time.
Old 04-27-2017, 12:30 AM
Banned

You mean hell on earth? Yeah, I've been there. You can put on 3 layers of super SPF, pants, high socks, and a hat, and still get burnt and dehydrated after an hour. Sweat rolls off your face within seconds and clouds glasses as steam rising from your neckline competes for space and brain neurons walk the brink of a heat stroke. Not a breeze, bird, or even a mosquito is to be seen. You can look up at the hole in the O-zone layer right above that place into the unmistakable fury of the UV pouring down from space. Power lines in droves above, buzzing away a merry tune, reminding you that at any appreciable moment the wet muddy conglomerate beneath your feet could turn into an even more deadly soup, cooking you in an instant. Rusty scrap metal, like ragged teeth jut around every corner, scrape and claw your every movement as you try to wiggle under a vehicle held up by- welded wheels? Mind the tetanus toxins, aspergillus spores, and Pseudomonas, as only deadly, microscopic non fastidious eaters can exist here. And as you get under the vehicle, wondering quietly how many people die here each week, or day, you finally lay your eyes on the space where the part used to be that you came here for.

Yeah man, I've seen plenty of trucks that used to have 4l80e transmissions in them in hell. But thats how hell works, man.
Old 04-27-2017, 11:40 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 526 Likes on 356 Posts

You mean hell on earth? Yeah, I've been there. You can put on 3 layers of super SPF, pants, high socks, and a hat, and still get burnt and dehydrated after an hour. Sweat rolls off your face within seconds and clouds glasses as steam rising from your neckline competes for space and brain neurons walk the brink of a heat stroke. Not a breeze, bird, or even a mosquito is to be seen. You can look up at the hole in the O-zone layer right above that place into the unmistakable fury of the UV pouring down from space. Power lines in droves above, buzzing away a merry tune, reminding you that at any appreciable moment the wet muddy conglomerate beneath your feet could turn into an even more deadly soup, cooking you in an instant. Rusty scrap metal, like ragged teeth jut around every corner, scrape and claw your every movement as you try to wiggle under a vehicle held up by- welded wheels? Mind the tetanus toxins, aspergillus spores, and Pseudomonas, as only deadly, microscopic non fastidious eaters can exist here. And as you get under the vehicle, wondering quietly how many people die here each week, or day, you finally lay your eyes on the space where the part used to be that you came here for.

Yeah man, I've seen plenty of trucks that used to have 4l80e transmissions in them in hell. But thats how hell works, man.

I lolled. Leave the cover off. I logged 40* lower temps without it
The following users liked this post:
dillybars (08-05-2023)
Old 04-27-2017, 12:30 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by truckdoug
I lolled. Leave the cover off. I logged 40* lower temps without it
that is very interesting. I Intend to daily the vehicle, so some kind of protection is necessary. The converter is worth more than the car.

I will take a good look at the situation and come up with something. It needs to keep the dust out, so its going to be tight. I might be able to put some kind of louver in it with a small filter to help airflow.
Old 04-27-2017, 02:17 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 526 Likes on 356 Posts

that is very interesting. I Intend to daily the vehicle, so some kind of protection is necessary. The converter is worth more than the car.

I will take a good look at the situation and come up with something. It needs to keep the dust out, so its going to be tight. I might be able to put some kind of louver in it with a small filter to help airflow.
Nah I shralp gravel roads all the time. It's not an issue.
The following 2 users liked this post by truckdoug:
dillybars (08-05-2023), Ray Cloutier (07-25-2021)

Quick Reply: 4l80e flexplate cover?